Final

Tell Me, What Are you Doing?

“We broke up.” What Jimin says one day when he was having dinner with Yoongi without putting any emotion to his voice, like stating something that already obvious to his brother.

“Why?” Oh! Jimin didn’t expect Yoongi to sound that calm and collected when he thought that maybe his brother will at least mad at Jungkook or threathing to kill him or something like that but none of it come near to that extent. “I don’t see any problem with your relationship.” Simple, there is really no problem with them, with Jungkook when the real big problem lies in Jimin’s heart.

“I don’t think we compatible together. So, let us be like before. A stranger.” Jimin says, not looking at his brother since he knew what face Yoongi will give him. Yoongi is done with hia brother, with his insecure self, with his too-much-thinking self, with his scared of complicated thing and with his stubborness.

“Jungkook loves you. That’s all I want to say. It’ up to you whether to believe it or not but that’s what I see in him. Because Love is what I’ve seen in his eyes whenever he looked you.” Yoongi concludes and Jimin has nothing to object it.

Four months into the relationship, of course there will be something, some feeling from both of them. The heart beats unusually whenever they touch, the warm feeling when they looked at each other and the calm sensation whenever they heard each other voice, only lead to one obvious conclusion, it is love. But what stopping Jimin from admitting it is that the fact that Jungkook is the popular guy and he is just a normal guy, like so normal that whenever there are some interaction, intimatacy or skinship between them, people will jugde them, will stare at them, will insult Jimin behind his back. Why Jungkook, the centre of atraction in college choose him, a guy nonetheless, without no quality at all. By quality mean that y look, good shape and wide-range of connection.

But, the interesting part is that the one who ask for a break-up is Jungkook.

“Let’s break-up.” Jungkook announces after their lunch together.

“Okay.” Is what Jimin replies in return. No hesitation at all, no pleading, no begging, no asking why, no, nothing at all. It’s like a mutual agreement that they no need to seal an approval.

“Can I ask you something?” Jungkook asks after 5 minutes of silence.

“Go ahead.”

“Do you....ever feel jealous of-of those girls who keep on bothering me? Have you not affected by that? I-I need to know, please be honest with me.”

“Why do you want to know?” Jimin asks back instead of answering it, despite of recognising the red blush on Jungkook’s face.

Jungkook scratches his neck, a habit when he nervous or shy, eyes looking at the wall. “So that I-I...you know...” He breathes to calm him heart. “Well, people said, not me that jealous means love. So, yeah, you know.”

“Even if I’m jealous, nothing is going to change. Those girls will always glue to your side. And even if I do love you, the fact that people will always come in between us is undeniable.” Jimin tells him while smiling, a small one but that answer succeed in bringing a wide grin on Jungkook’s face.

“That’s all I want to know.” Jungkook ends but had secet agenda behind that poker face.

They shake hand, a peaceful way of separation and after that they went to different direction with Jungkook take the right path while Jimin’s taking the left side. Jimin goes back to home while Jungkook is walking to meet someone that knows Jimin better than himself, Yoongi. It’s scary and thrill when Yongi warned him to never hurt Jimin when they started dating or else he will never get to see the world again but Yoongi is the one who Jungkook meets almost every week to seek for an advice or solution when there is a thing that bothering him about Jimin.

Well the first meeting is so nerve wrecking with sweat all over Jungkook’s face and he almost peed in his pant.

“Why do you want to see me?” Yoongi asks directly even without Jungkook can sit properly.

“I-I want to ask about Jimin. You’re the closest person to him and I couldn’t bring myself to understand him.” Jungkook manages to say without stuttering or blacking out. The stern and unwavering gaze from Yoongi scared the hell out of him.

“Are you serious with him?”

“I am. This is the firat time I want to be with someone this bad.” An honest answer from Jungkook melts Yoongi’s iced heart but Jungkook doesn’t need to know.

“Okay. What this is all about?”

“He seems to-to...I don’t know..flirt with me a lot. Like subtly touching my hand and my face, smiling slyly whenever we talk,  you know, it’s almost making my heart to stop---“

Jungkook keeps on talking, didn’t realise on how much he had smiled but Yoongi saw it. It was their second official date, after one month dating that Jungkook started to notice Jimin’s behavior. They were walking side to side when Jungkook could feel a soft hand brushed to his own hand, too far to link their hands but too close to ignore it. At the end, nothing had actually happened. They just walked to the cafe with no attached hand and Jimin went to his self again, shy and timid.

There was one time when Jungkook took Jimin out for a dinner and he could swear that Jimin at that time was not the same Jimin that he used to know. While waiting for their food, they talked to fill in the time.

“Jungkook-ah—“Jungkook gulped at the tone that Jimin used, higher than before, too melodious and Jungkook couldn’t bring his eyes from not staring at Jimin when he rested his chin on his linked hand. “—next month is Jin-hyung birthday. What should we get him? Hmm, I can’t think of anything. Can you suggest something?” Jimin continued, smiling while batting his eyelashes at Jungkook.

“Err...I-I’m not sure.” Jungkook couldn’t stop his heart from beating wildly inside. So, before he could pass out right there, Jungkook stood up, excusing himself to the toilet. Then when he came back, no longer sweating or nervous, Jimin changed back to his usual self, no more teasing voice, or trying to be cute in front of him.

And that’s why Jungkook will go to Yoongi because he not used to this kind of Jimin. But normally, Yoongi won’t give him a direct answer, straightforward telling him what to do, no, that’s not Yoongi’s style but a hint to solve it is better. However, when Jungkook went to him to inform that they had broken up, for the first time Yoongi came up with an idea.

“Make him jealous.”  Is his idea.

“It’s not working. I’ve tried it before.”

“No, trust me, make him jealous and you’ll get what you want.”

“But how?” Yes, how?  To say that Jungkook never tried it is irony since literally every girl in the college will always try to get into his pant, so basically being friendly with them will get Jimin jealous. But to his dismay, the reaction he gets is not to his liking. It’s either Jimin will only smile at them or casually walked away like nothing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After broke-up, Jimin and Jungkook ignore each other, but the ignoring part mostly has done by Jimin. When they were dating, Jungkook would wait for Jimin in front of his house to ride the bus together to the college after forcing Taehyubng to send him to Jimin’s house and when Jimin asked how he went there, Jungkook just said that he walked from his house to Jimin’s. A small lie is acceptable to show how committed he was in the relationship, Jungkook thought.

But now, Jungkook really walk to the college from his house and sometimes will take the long route that had him to pass Jimin’s house on the way, hoping that they will meet but Jimin goes to the college one hour earlier than before to avoid that moment from happening because Jimin knows about that when he nearly run into Jungkook one morning but he be able to hide before Jungkook could see him.

There is a time when Jimin wanted to give in and begging Jungkook to take him back, like when he saw how miserable Jungkook was but then Jimin scolded himself for thinking like that because seeing Jungkook with cute and pretty girls all over him got Jimin to think that maybe Jungkook never need him, like who is Jimin compared to that cute and pretty girls. Jimin is just Jimin, nothing extravagant about him.

How about Jungkook?

“Jungkook, you have to move on. It’s been two weeks you two broke up.” Hoseok says when they are having lunch at the café.

“I-I can’t—“

“Oppa!” Here comes the devil. A group of cheerleader girl, declaring themselves as the most famous girls in college come to their seat wearing a very tight skirt with a piece of cloth that only cover the middle part taking their sit next to Jungkook and others. “Oppa! Can we eat here?” The leader of the girls asks, has the nerve to call Jungkook Opna when obviously she is older than him.

“Sure.” Taehyung answer back. “Hey girls, I thought you all will be busy with practicing since your next match is next month, which is two weeks from now.” Of course, they are close to each other to know about the other schedule. Being friend with those girls give lots of benefit to them in term of popularity and also every updated new in the college but the only disadvantage is that those girls are noisy and annoying.

“Jungkook-oppa!” The leader, who sit next to Jungkook scoots closer to him before linking her hand at Jungkook’s hand while resting her head on his shoulder. Her other free hand is playing with Jungkook’s thigh, tracing her nails up and down on Jungkook’s thigh, going further up before stopping near Jungkook’s safe place and then slide down again. She does it again and again but Jungkook does nothing to stop her, too used to that.

“Mina—“ Jungkook calls her after some time to stop her from clinging to him but the universe has something else for Jungkook when Jimin walked to the café with Jin and they locked eyes with Jimin stand still for a few seconds before turning his gaze away and started walking again.

“Mina-“ Jungkook starts again, lowering his voice, making Mina to straighten her back, fully facing Jungkook. Jungkook glances at Jimin for one second, confirming that he was looking at them, at him and Mina before cupping Mina’s face with both of his hands, something that he never did before. Even Hoseok, Taehyung and Namjoon are surprised at that. “Are you free tonight?” Slowly, he moves his hand to Mina’s neck while his other hand moving to her waist.

“Tonight?” She asks, disbelief because this is the first time she gets that question from Jungkook. He nods back.

“I’m free. Why?”

“Do you want to come to my house tonight? Maybe we can watch movie or something else.” Jungkook smirks while saying it. He makes sure to say it louder so that Jimin who stands a few metres from them hear it.

“S-sure. Are you alone?”

“Yes, I am.” Jungkook moves forward, bringing her body closer to his body, his nose is almost touching her nose.

Everything that happens after that makes everyone to gasp for an air, even to Jungkook himself when suddenly he feels that his body was being turned forcefully before meeting with a pair of lips, the plump lips that he missed the most.

“Oh My God!” Taehyung shouts.

“O-oppa?” Mina tries to turn Jungkook’s to her after Jimin ended the kiss but he didn’t even spare her one look when Jimin is the only one that his eyes’ attention are at.

Jungkook looks at Jimin while Jimin looks at him back before Jungkook grabs Jimis’s wrist, pulling his body to sit on his lap to kiss Jimin properly again. By properly mean the true meaning of a kiss, with tongue, spit, mooching sound and all. Jimin can only fasten his hand at Jungkook’s neck, bringing their body closer. When the kiss get deepen, everyone turns their eyes away from them.

“Mina, I’m sorry. I’ve to cancel our date tonight. And please don’t bother me anymore. I’m taken.” JUngkook says before dragging Jimin out of the café to the parking lot. Luckily, he drives his car to the college today or else he had to walk or call for a taxi to get home while constraining their lust to each other.

No one knows what happened to them after that. Only then the next morning, when Jungkook opened his house’s door to see Yoongi in front of it, he reluctantly let Jimin to walk out of his house but only after Jimin promised to call him when he reached home.

“Hyung!” Jimin yells out when he saw Yoongi’s hand raise up high, ready to punch or maybe slap Jungkook. “Hyung.” This time with much softer than before when Yoongi patted Jungkook’s shoulder instead of throwing one or two punches on Jungkook’s body.

“Let’s go home.” Yoongi smiles, an honest one to Jungkook before walking away from there with Jimin beside him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this fic is enjoying enough. Like I said before, I want to write something similar to a romantic comedy J-drama or a comedy love story like in Japanese manga. I know it's just a simple story without much plot but I like it this way. Anyways, thank you for reading, subscribing, upvoting and also for leaving your comments here. I really, really appreciate. Till we meet again...:-) :-)