part 2

Tell Me, What Are you Doing?

The phone has been ringing for hours but the owner was too caught up in his own world, neglecting its scream to be picked. Well, Jimin did pick it up only to toss it far away from his ear. He succeeds in doing so when the ringing tone sounded like a lullaby to him. And he got to sleep more.


Jimin only gets up when the room no longer cold and comfortable. It’s noon already, looking at the sun that shines brightly outside when it’s ray is trying to peek into the room through the curtain but the heat can be felt from the inside. Surprisingly, the phone is still ringing and Jimin crawled on the bed, searching for the phone, eyes still not fully opened to take a look at his surroundings or the surrounding people.


(“WHERE ARE YOU?”) Jimin already knew who by that yell.


“I’m in my room. Why you’re yelling at me? I’m trying to sleep here.” Jimin says, irritated at his brother interrogation.


(“Don’t ing lie—“)


“Don’t swear at me.”


(“—I’m in your room now. And I didn’t even see you.”)


His brother hard inhales and exhale of air can be heard through the phone. Jimin rolls his body to face the ceiling while rubbing his eyes, clearing his vision and when the surrounding is fully visible, only then he knows that is not his room and why his brother is mad at him.


“Hyung, I call you back in one minute.” He says, waking up from the bed while inspecting his own body, more like checking whether he’s or not.


“Where am I---“


“Hotel.” Someone says and Jimin thought that was only his brain trying to inform him but it’s sound so near and familiar. He turns his head, searching for that voice and no one knows how surprised and shocked he was when four familiar faces were looking at him from the corner of the room.


“What—“


“Oh, you passed out last night and we didn’t know your house or your family and your phone was unlocked. So, yeah, we brought you here and stay with us for one night. Well, and we too were too drunk to drive or walking to our own house. So, we settled down here too. Couldn’t let you alone. Might get kidnapped by the wolf.” Namjoon answers Jimin’s uncompleted question.


“I’m so dead.” Is what Jimin could only say.


His phone is ringing again and Jimin started to shake but still has to answer the call.

“Hyu---“


(“Tell me now or I am ing call the police.”)


“Yoongi-hyung, I-I really am sorry. I was drunk last night and—“


(“No excuse. Tell me where. You don’t get to speak more when you lied to me, what? Going to Jin-hyung’s house to study? What bull is that?”) Yoongi interrupts without letting Jimin give an excuse or defend himself.


“I’m at—“He looks to his left and right, finding the clue as to where he is now but someone in the room helped him.


“Omelas Hotel,” Hoseok says resulting Jimin to sigh deeply before passing the name to Yoongi.


(“Stay there. And don’t go anywhere.”) Yoongi warns him before ending the call.


“Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god. I don’t want to die here. I’m still young and oh my god!—“


“He’s your own brother. Of course, he won’t kill you.” Taehyung says but get a death glare from Jimin in return like you don’t even know my brother, so stop talking.


“Okay! Okay! I’m sorry.” Taehyung admits defeated.


They stay silent after that leaving only Jimin to rumbling his panic word while praying to the God to spare his own life. The only person who can’t breathe in calm is the one person who Jimin had kissed last night because the only thing in Jungkook’s mind is Jimin’s lips and how mesmerizing it is to Jungkook’ heart. The way Jimin opened his lips, the way he closed it, the way he it and everything hammered Jungkook’s heart with how alluring it is.


The peace world never last long when a loud and hard banging can be heard from outside.


“No! No! Don—“


Hoseok is faster at reaching the door to open it. And to his dismay, he meets the lion.


“Where is Jimin?” Yoongi asks, shooting a furious stare to Hoseok’s eyes.


“Ins—“ He can’t finish it when Yoongi rushed inside, pushing Hoseok from blocking his way.


“Tell me who that ing bastard?” A very hard and difficult question to answer.


“Hyung, let's talk at home.” Jimin tries while reaching for Yoongi’s hand, hoping that his brother will calm down, even just one bit.


“No, tell me right now.” Jimin can’t give a name because there is none, to begin with.

Yoongi turns to another person in the room, asking them the same question. When Taehyung, Hoseok, and Namjoon turned to Jungkook side, that’s the biggest betrayal he ever feels in his whole life.


“YOU?! SON OF !” Jungkook hears it but doesn’t have enough time to defend or rescue his face from Yoongi’s hard blow when that is what he received the moment Yoongi landed his big hand on his handsome face.


“Hyung!” Luckily, Jimin’s brain still can functioning well, urging his body to get in between Yoongi and Jungkook before hugging his brother to move him away from Jungkook because he might kill him, for real.


Jimin used every strength and energy in his body to drag Yoongi out of the room but stop only when Jungkook spoke for the first time.


“I love Jimin and I will do anything to get him. Nothing can be on between us, not even you.” Jimin looks at him, disbelief of what he had heard but then when Yoongi lunged forward to Jungkook again, Jimin once again used his strength to stop him before pulling him out of the room.


“What was that, dude?” Taehyung asks after Jimin and Yoongi no longer in there.


“I don’t even know.” Jungkook can only manage that before falling down on the bed, lightly touching his swollen cheek.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Usually, it takes about less than 5 minutes to reach the class from the front gate but now Jimin has to spend more minutes since he had to use another path, had to circle one building, passing through the crowded cafe (always with people even though it’s early in the morning) before arriving at his class. It’s been going around for a week, just because to avoid meeting accidentally or not with Jungkook and the gang after what had happened at the hotel.


But today, Jimin’s fate has another plan laying for him when the always crowded cafe has Jungkook and his friends there taking their breakfast there, laughing at something when Jimin passes by. Oh, how he hoped for them not to recognize him right there.


“Hey, JIMIN!” Yup, here comes trouble. Everyone in the cafe turns to him, whispering words that Jimin has no time to pay attention for. “Here! Here! Sit with us.” Taehyung adds after Hoseok, like pushing pressure to an open wound, that’s how Jimin feels right now.


Should just ignore it or walk to them? Scarifying his own life or saving it? Such a burdensome question. But Jimin doesn’t have to think more when Taehyung grabs his wrist, forcing him to move his feet.


“Want something? Bread? Milk? Hot choc?” Namjoon asks something that he never did before.
“N-no, thank you.” No, Jimin stutters not because scared of them but just puzzled and confused since Namjoon and others would only call him for two things either asking, forcing him to complete their assignment or mocking his body and face. Well, that is the real meaning of punching bag, as to Jimin.


Jungkook? Well, he seems to ignore Jimin’s presence too, not lifting his head for once. But he did glance at Jimin for a second and no one needs to know that.


“Hey, what happened?” Taehyung, who sits next to Jimin, leans closer to Jimin.


“What do you mean?” Confused Jimin asks in return.


“Ah! I mean your brother. Did he ground you? Or did he beat you?” Namjoon and Hoseok turn their focus to Jimin, eager to hear the answer because of Jimin kind of disappears totally after that.


“No—“ Jimin starts, sighing, a mix of relief and disappoint. ” He didn’t say anything. Too shocked, I guess.” He glances at Jungkook while saying the last part before advert it back to Taehyung.


“I see. But your brother is not the only who shocked. “ Jimin frowns at that said.


“Jungkookie here too. Ah, don’t mind him, just now when you walked pass us, he thought that was only his imagination. How funny. He—“ Taehyung hesitates but continues when Jungkook not reacting to that, still lost in his own world maybe. “—he said that he could see you everywhere, that he had gone crazy.”


“Why? Did I do wrong to him?” Jimin, the one who still oblivious of the kissing moment between him and Jungkook.


Because you kissed him, obviously, Taehyung wanted to say that but buried it back when Jungkook suddenly lifted his head, finished eating his breakfast.
“Let's go now. Are you done?”


“Jungkook? How..how about Jimin? Just leave him here?” Hoseok asks at the same time Jungkook stand up from his seat.


“There’s no Jimin here. Stop talking about him. He makes me crazy.” Jungkook says while ruffling his hair, avoid looking at his friends.


“Jungkook—“ Namjoon calls, soft and full of pity.


“No, hyung, you know nothing. It’s me. Me! I see him everywhere and I can get him out of my mind. It’s driving me crazy.” Jungkook is in the brim of tearing up, taking his seat again before slamming his head hard on the table.


“Jungkook.” Jimin tries.


“See, I even hear his voice. No doubt, I’m crazy.”


“Jungkook?” Jimin tries again.

 

“Make it stop! Make it stop. Hyung, please, I’m still young and—“ Jungkook stops, not hearing Jimin’s voice anymore when there are someone lips on his lips, the familiar plump lips that Jungkook never forget.


“I-i need to go.” Jimin’s panicking; almost flipping the table when he’s rushing to get out of there, maybe to find a hollow hole that he can bury his own body in there. Luckily, anyone else is too busy eating or chatting to witness that kiss.


“Hyung-“with his hand on his lips, Jungkook tries to process what is actually had happened but his brain is already short-circuited.


“Hyung, it’s too real. I-I—“


“Jungkook, you’re not dreaming. It really is Jimin and he kisses you. For real.” Taehyung ensured him, he too confused and sympathy at Jungkook, it’s too much for him.


“Hyung-“ and he cries, right there in front of everyone, his cool image has long gone because everything is too overwhelmed.


So, for someone who used to date a lot, getting one kiss is nothing honestly, but not when that one kiss did something to Jungkook’s heart, it’s painful but refreshing at the same time. Truthfully, it’s not sinful to fall in love, even to a boy but not when that boy is the boy that Jungkook used to bully. And on top of that, he falls deep just because of a kiss. A kiss.


“It’s okay. Jungkook, it’s okay. It’s not wrong to fall in love with Jimin.” Taehyung consoles him.


“NO!” Suddenly, Jungkook pushes Taehyung’s hand away from him, pouting like a 5 years old kid throws tantrum at his mother.


“I am not having any feeling to him. NO. Do you hear me?” and this is one more problem, Jungkook refused to admit his own feeling to Jimin because it’s Jimin, Jimin, a not so special boy in his college, too ordinary for his liking.


“Jungkook, you’re being ridiculous. Clearly, you lov—“ Jungkook glare at Hoseok, making him clear his throat. “—I mean, you like him. Just because you have a reputation to hold, doesn’t mean that you have to ignore your own feeling.” Hoseok reasons everything.

Definitely, everything is about reputation. Admitting liking or even love his bullied victim will only damage his reputation and all.


“Jin-hyung,” Taehyung shouts at Jin, stopping Jungkook from losing in his own world again.


“What? I’m in hurry.” Jin asks, a bit annoyed, who’s not when the guys who bullied his best friends, his cute mochi, called him, sound so much friendly.


“It’s about Jimin.” Namjoon starts instead of Taehyung.


“You all bully him again, right?”


“No! No! This time, we—“

“Look, I don’t have time. I need to find Jimin. I need to save him.” Jin says before walking away from them but Namjoon managed to stop him.


“What do you mean to save him?” Jin searched for the phone in his pocket before throwing it to them (not really, just showing it into their face).


I’m going to kill myself. Don’t find me.


Is what written on Jin’s phone screen. Jimin had sent it 15 minutes ago when Jin was in his lecture hall. Immediately, he ditched his class to go find Jimin before Taehyung called him.


“Oh no!” Then Taehyung tells Jin everything that just happened and also the event from last week.