Chapter 4

Back to the Beginning
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

His nerves were shot and he felt sick, but he wasn’t sure if it was his nerves or if suddenly “morning” sickness was kicking in.

Heechul breathed slowly through his nose and closed his eyes. There was a lot of commotion going on around him and it made him feel nauseous. Sungmin was wailing loudly from the bedroom, Eunhyuk was fussing on the floor and tugging at Heechul’s pant leg, and Leeteuk was darting room from room in search of bottles, teething cookies, cough medicine, and a million other things.

“Heechul, I could really use some help!”

Sighing heavily, Heechul opened his eyes and glanced down at Eunhyuk who was attempting to climb onto the couch next to him. There was a foul smell in the air that was radiating from the seven month olds diaper and it did nothing to help the sick feeling growing in the pit of Heechul’s stomach. Still, he knew that he couldn’t just leave Eunhyuk crawling around in filth, he’d get a rash.

“Alright, come here stinky,” Heechul grumbled, bending over to pick the baby up.

“Ooh fwaa,” Eunhyuk babbled, blowing raspberries in Heechul’s face.

“Yeah yeah.” Heading down the hall, Heechul flipped on the bathroom light and placed Eunhyuk on the changing table. He grabbed a diaper from the shelf and a few wipes before changing the toxic diaper and putting a fresh one on the baby, who gurgled at him as thanks.

“Hey, I’m going to run to the store real quick to buy Sungmin some medicine. Do you want anything?” Leeteuk asked, appearing in the doorway.

“No,” Heechul answered quietly, pushing past him with Eunhyuk in his arms. Leeteuk stared after him with a hurt look in his eyes. He didn’t know what was causing Heechul to be grumpy today, but he wished that he’d talk about it.

Heading to the foyer, he opened the front closet and grabbed his coat and scarf and put them on before walking over to the living room to fetch the car keys. “Okay, well, I’m leaving then. Sungmin is in my room in the playpen,” He said, waving halfheartedly. When he didn’t get a response he turned and left, heading out into the frigid weather.

The store was hardly a five minute drive and thankfully the streets had already been plowed. As Leeteuk stepped through the entrance rubbing his hands together for warmth, he grabbed a basket and began strolling through the first aisle.

Children’s Tylenol, baby lotion because they babies are getting dry skin in this weather, apple juice because God forbid Sungmin drink anything else, Leeteuk mentally noted, wanting the overall wellbeing of both kids. I wander if I should get Heechul anything?

Coming to a halt in front of the candy aisle, Leeteuk glanced at the multitude arrange of sugary sweets. He knew that Heechul loved white chocolate more than anything in the world and wandered if it would make his friend happy if he brought him some. He didn’t know what was up with Heechul, but perhaps a little chocolate would cheer him up enough to talk about it.

Smiling to himself, he grabbed two bars of chocolate before heading towards the front of the store. But before he could reach the registers, something caught his eye; a really cute baby hat with kitty ears.

Heechul always knew that Sungmin was a brilliant child.

The baby was just a few weeks over one year, but already his speech development was striving. He could name several objects and people by their name which came in handy when he wanted something. Not to mention, he had a superb sense of foresight, which wasn’t as helpful when it came time for baths and naptime. Sungmin could sense when it was time to do certain things he didn’t like and so the tot would run as fast as his chubby little legs would take him until someone caught him. And now, Heechul was beginning to think that Sungmin was psychic, because the one year old wouldn’t stop petting his stomach.

“Sungmin, that tickles, stop it,” Heechul said, shifting the baby away. Sungmin lifted his head and stared at Heechul with his wide, doe eyes and smiled widely as snot dripped from his nose. Heechul grimaced and reached over to grab a tissue off the coffee table to wipe the mucus away.

“Ere baby?” Sungmin cooed, smacking Heechul’s stomach again. He his lips and looked around the room, searching for something to catch his attention.

“Are you reading my thoughts, Minnie?” Heechul asked before kissing Sungmin’s soft black hair. He couldn’t help but smile to himself as the baby squirmed in his hold. There was nothing more beautiful than holding this child and it warmed h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter