Chapter 2

Back to the Beginning
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

He didn’t like their tiny apartment very much. For the nine months they’d been living together, it had been too hot during the summer and now without a furnace, it was too cold. The tiny, electric space heater that Hangeng had bought at the beginning of the season hardly warmed up the living room, let alone reaching back to their bedroom where Heechul laid in bed curled up with all the blankets.

The time passed by too slowly and he kept his eyes glued to the television, half interestedly watching a documentary on parasitic twins. The concept was horrifying and just the thought that he himself was harboring a fetus inside of his body made him feel queasy; it was futile to say that he wasn’t thrilled about this pregnancy.

What type of person am I? Heechul thought dismally, unconsciously bringing a hand to his flat stomach. I don’t want this baby, I’m not ready to be a parent. Maybe I should terminate it instead of telling Hangeng. The thoughts he had made him feel ashamed, but he had to be honest with himself. He’d never wanted children this early in life, and when he was ready he’d always planned on adopting. Regardless of what sort of magical things his body was capable of, it just didn’t seem natural for a male to harbor a child.

Besides, I’m in no position to raise a baby. We live in a tiny apartment that barely has enough room for both of us. I’m not even in college yet, I don’t have a job, and Hangeng only makes enough to support us with the bare minimum. We can’t afford a baby, especially not medical bills. We’re still trying to make up for the overdue rent from when Hannie got that cold last month, Heechul reasoned, sighing for the millionth time that day.

Glancing down at his stomach, guilt twisted inside of him.

Abortion really did seem like the most rational thing to do at this point. The only problem was, he was a man. He couldn’t just walk into a clinic and expect the impossible; too many questions would be asked. Unfortunately his only other option would be to go to the family hospital, where this sort of thing wasn’t out of the ordinary. The only issue with that was his mother was a nurse, and gossip got around fast. Hell would be raised if she knew her son was even thinking about terminating a pregnancy; she’d raised him with high morals.

Abortion is out of the question. I guess my only other choice is adoption or –

“Chul, I’m home!” A voice called as the front door closed. Heechul’s heart skipped a beat and he quickly tossed the blankets awa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter