hakyeon/any, figure skater turned hockey player

i'm in the ocean of light

Only fifteen minutes remained until their first game, and Hakyeon had already gone through a good portion of Jaehwan's sweet stash and his own cartons of banana milk. He wasn't even a sweets person, but he felt like he needed something to chew on. To help him think of strategies, he said.

Taekwoon didn't buy it one bit, eyes following Hakyeon's movements. He didn't have the typical build of a hockey player, lacked the broadness and the strength that were usually associated with the sport. Hakyeon was tall, yes, but he was slimmer and moved with a grace that had surprised everyone when he had been first transferred to the team. He was quick and it was one of the reasons Taekwoon had placed him in the starting lineup.

However, he was also used to doing things a certain way, and Taekwoon often had to pull him back in whenever Hakyeon veered off on his own. He watched the way Hakyeon's fingers tighten their grip around his hockey stick before he walked over to him. "I thought you didn't get nervous."

Hakyeon turned around, brows furrowing before he starts chuckling. "Me, nervous? I'm not nervous. C'mon, you know very well I own the ice, Taekwoonie."

"As a figure skater, yes. But this is hockey, and I'm not losing the chance to win the damn trophy just because you got cocky." Taekwoon folded his arms across his chest, eyes narrowing as he studied Hakyeon's face. Hakyeon didn't back down either, jaw set as he stared back at Taekwoon. "This is a team sport, and you're a part of this team whether you like it or not."