n/leo, competitive

i'm in the ocean of light

His name was Jung Taekwoon, born in 1990 like Hakyeon himself. He was the dark horse of the archery world, having emerged from the shadows in the 2012 Indoor Archery World Championships to win the rookie award. His performance the following years were even better, proving that he wasn't a one-hit wonder by bagging third place overall for the next two years. There were even talks of him winning in 2015, but a leg injury forced him to sit out the tournament, much to the uproar of several fans and critics. Now he was back and better than ever, leaving a trail of destruction in his wake as he climbed to the top of the archery world once again.

Jung Taekwoon's face was expressionless, even as he shook Hakyeon's hand. He was slightly taller, with broad shoulders and an imposing build that contrasted with Hakyeon's slim build.

"Good luck, Taekwoon-ssi. May the best archer win." Hakyeon smiled, and was pleasantly surprised to see the corners of Taekwoon's lips turn up a little. There was a familiar expression in his eyes, one that Hakyeon knew very well.

Unlike Taekwoon, he had been training in archery since he was seven, and competing since he was twelve. There was just something... freeing about taking aim and letting the arrow fly across the air until it found its mark. That split second where everything rode on whether his arrow would hit the target. That rush of adrenaline.

This was going to be an interesting match, to say the least.