vixx, petty as greek gods

i'm in the ocean of light

As gods, they were used to being idolized by the people, worshiped even. They were, in human terms, all that. The bees knees, the big thing.

("I think 'the bees knees' went out of fashion around thirty years ago, gramps." Sanghyuk smirked, ducking a wayward arrow courtesy of Hakyeon.

"Oh shush, you know how hard it is to keep up with what's in vogue every millenia!")

Then again, times had changed. Years had passed, and eventually people moved on from their gods. They idolized pop stars now, followed every trend obsessively as if these commoners could save them with their catchy bops and synchronized dancing.

("Well, they are pretty catchy." Wonshik admitted, only for Taekwoon to whack him on the back of the head with his shield.)

But really, was a little respect too much to ask?

"I am going to incinerate them--" Jaehwan seethed, and oh , that definitely wasn't a good place to put the lightning bolt--

"You can't deny that it's genius though." Sanghyuk was sitting on his throne, sipping some of Jaehwan's wine and enjoying the chaos around him. "I wish I had thought of it."

"You're not exactly helping..." Hongbin said from his spot as Wonshik tried to placate the wine god, patting his hyung on the back with murmured reassurances. Jaehwan's lower lip trembled dangerously, pointing an accusing finger at the figures below.

"They drew a on my statue's forehead-- I'm incinerating their city and that's final--- let me go, Wonshik--"