One

Dating Apps are Lame

Dating apps were not your thing. You didn't need technology to help you find a boyfriend. Your best friend, Nori had other plans. She insisted you signup for one. "Come on! This one is anonymous until you decide to show your face!" You rolled your eyes. "Fine Nor. I'll do it." That's how you got roped into downloading it. "But if some creepy dude kills me, I'm gonna haunt you for the rest of your life." She laughs before slamming the door and leaving. 

A week into having the app, you'd been sent 3 pics and 6 sets of . You were so close to deleting it. Another message popped up from the username "kimHo" you opened it hesitantly. 

KimHo: Hi!
You: Hello there. How are you?
KimHo: Great as long as you don't send me nudes.
You: I can promise I won't! 

You continued to talk to KimHo for about 2 hours. You realized it was 3am and you had to be up 4 hours. 

You: I'm sorry to cut this short! But it's 3am.
KimHo: Really? Where do you live?
You: California. You?
KimHo: wow. I'm in South Korea. 
You: That's so cool! 

You ended up talking for another 2 hours. You ended up sleeping through your alarm. But you woke up with a smile. You were having lunch with Nori. "So you were late for work?" You laughed. "No I called in." Nori looked shocked. "You called in?!" After lunch you went home. It was around 2pm and your phone beeped. 

KimHo: Good Morning, sunshine. 
You: Good morning! Well good afternoon here!
KimHo: How's work?!
You: I kinda overslept and stayed home. 
KimHo: Is that my fault?
You: Of course not. 

After a few hours, you learned his name was Junmeyon, he was a singer, and he gave you his number. You guys talked on and off until around 10pm. Junmyeon made you promise you would go to sleep and get to work the next day. You agreed and went to sleep. When you woke up the next morning you had texts waiting. You text him back and to your surprise he is still awake. You talk a bit and he finally asks to exchange pictures. He sends his. He, of course, is absolutely gorgeous. You're a bit nervous now that you've seen him, but you send him a picture. You don't hear back and assume he's asleep. You don't want to bother him so you decide to not text him until he responds. 

A few days go by and you don't hear from him. You had a feeling you weren't his type. It was girl's night with Nori. "It's his loss. Don't be too sad." You laugh. "Nors, I'm used to it." She spends the evening cheering you up. When she leaves she asks you a weird question. "Hey you never got back to me about my sister's wedding?" You look at her puzzled. "When did you ask about that??" "Through text last week. Did you not get it?" You check your phone and don't see it. You restart your phone as you walk Nori out. Once it's back on you're flooded with texts. You see Junmyeon's and zero in. The series of text make you sad.

Junmyeon: oh my god. You're gorgeous.
Junmyeon: well goodnight! 
Junmyeon:  good morning, sweetheart!
Junmyeon:  well I can take a hint, goodbye.

You gasp at the last text and FaceTime him. Not checking the time. It rings a few times and you see boy pop up and then someone yell, snatching the phone. "Hey! I didn't think I would hear from you again!" You smile. "I'm so sorry, my phone wasn't receiving texts. I thought you were ignoring me." He laughs. "Ignore a pretty girl who laughs at my jokes? Never!" You realize that he's probably at work. "Oh man, you're probably at work!" He laughs. "Don't worry. Rehearsal is over. Show isn't for a couple hours." You smile, "show?" He turns his phone "well a huge concert." "Holy , Junmyeon! What do you do?" You be laughs and pans the phone to 8 other guys. "I'm in a pretty big kpop band." You laugh. "No way! What's the band name so I can look it up?" All the boys laugh. "We're called EXO." You look up a video. You drop you jaw which causes them to laugh again. "Pretty big is an understatement."