Chapter 14

Saranghae Pabo
Finally,i manage to post chapter 14 here~~~
**********************************

Chapter 14

(Jaejoong’s Pov)

*In a week? No...There’s no way...I’ve to talk to Changmin soon.*

With that thought, I turn to look at Changmin’s expression; there’s was just pure shock on his face.

“Omma, isn’t it too fast? They have just met.” Minnie said, voicing out my thoughts while pointing at Sooyoung & Changmin.

“Nope, they can learn more about each other after marriage. It’s better to fall in love after marriage anyway.” Omma answered, grinning at us before scooping more food.

Minnie looks at me, helplessly. He admitted defeat, after all nothing can change Umma’s mind after she decided on something, not even her husband.

(Changmin’s Pov)

*One week? Is Omma crazy? I don’t even like her & not to mention, I barely know her. I must confess to Jaejoong soon.*
I was about to rebut but Min beat me to it.

After hearing his question, I was expecting a good reply but nothing, things still stay the same.

I sigh softly before stuffing more food into my mouth.

“How about we hang out in the backyard after this?” Min suddenly suggested.

*That’s a good idea. At least I can clear my mind by looking at the night sky.*

I nodded first before followed by Jaejoong & that Sooyoung.

About 20 minutes passed, we’ve completed eating dinner & clearing up.

Omma, Appa & the twins headed to the living room, wanting to enjoy a game show together.

As the 4 of us headed for the backyard, taking a seat each on a bench upon arriving.

“Sooyoung ah, when did you come back? I didn’t hear any news from your Appa?” Jaejoong started the conversation.

“Around a week ago, I wanted to surprise you so therefore I told Appa not to inform you.” that Sooyoung explained.

“Ahh..I see. Well, you sure surprise me just now.” Jaejoong said before chuckling.

“I’m sure, I did. I mean, I was surprise to find myself engage to a Shim’s son & appearing here 2 days later.” She explained once again.
Jaejoong just nodded to her words while smiling.

(Jaejoong’s Pov)

“So Jae, you didn’t tell me about him?” Sooyoung said pointing towards Minnie.

“Oh..we just started going out recently.” I said, trying my best not to stutter.

*I wanted to tell her that we’re not together but how come the words didn’t come out.*

“Ah.. I see..Minho ah, you better take good care of my best friend or you’re dead.” Sooyoung warned jokingly which cause us to laugh except Changmin.

Senescing the awkward atmosphere, I decided to volunteer to grab some drinks, wanting to get away from the heavy atmosphere.

“I’m gonna go & grab some drinks & snacks.” I said before getting up.

“I’m going with him.” Changmin suddenly said before dragging me towards the kitchen.

“Are you seriously gonna get married to Min?” Changmin suddenly asked, the moment we reached the kitchen.

“Why are you jealous?” I asked, hints of jealously were on his face the moment he mention ‘Min’.

“Are you crazy? Why would I be jealous?” Changmin asked, laughing off awkwardly.

“Then why are you bothered? Unless, you’ve fallen for me?” I asked, trying my luck.

“Doesn’t mean I’m nicer to you than usual, I’ve fallen for you. I’m just feeling guilty for making you sick.” His words, breaks my hopeful heart.

*So all this while it’s not love but guilty. If that it’s, I don’t need that anymore from him.*

“Thanks for clearing that up, Changmin shii.” I said before running away heading towards the stairs & my room.

(Changmin’s Pov)

*What’s wrong with me? Why did I say those words? Didn’t I suppose to confess to him?”
Changmin sigh before cursing himself under his breath.

(Minho’s Pov)

After the 2 hyung left, Sooyoung noona approach me.

“Min, are you sure he change? He’s still the same as before from my eyes.” Sooyoung noona commented, looking at Changmin hyung’s back view.

“Don’t worry, he changed.” I said, assuring her.

While we were in random conversation, Changmin hyung appear but all alone.

“Where’s Joongie, hyung?” I asked, while observing hyung’s frustrated expression.

*Did something happen?*

“He’s feeling tired, so he has already headed up.” Changmin hyung said, bitter was on his face.

“Alright then, I’ll check up on him. You guys enjoy yourself.” I said, giving a small smile before excusing myself.

(Changmin’s Pov)

“I guess, I better get home.” that Sooyoung said, a few minutes after Min left.

“Whatever. I don’t care.” I said coldly, not bothering to even look at her.

“Jerk..As usual” she said coolly before passing in front of me.

“What did you say?” I asked, anger boiling upon her remarked.

“Jerk..You have always been one.” She said while smirking at me.

“Yea..right....hearing that from someone that’s desperately wanting to be my wife.” I remarked, sarcastically.

“For your info mister, your mom was the one that gladly wanted me has a daughter-in-law. I don’t even have the desire to be near a jerk like
you. If a person really did fall for you, the person is either just plain crazy or strong & patience enough to face you because you’re just a plain heartless jerk.” She ended her words with a smirk, knowing that I was speechless to rebut.

For the first time Shim Changmin lose to the battle of words, because deep down I know that every words she say was true.

“Goodnight baby.” She said mockingly, giving a small wave before walking away, leaving me stoned in the backyard.

(Jaejoong’s Pov)

“Hyung” Minnie’s voice was heard, the moment the door click open.

“Minnie ah.” I called out, wiping the tears that stained my face.

The moment I reached my room, my emotion & tears took over me.

“Did something happen at the kitchen, hyung?” Minnie asked the moment he took a seat beside me.

“Minnie ah, he didn’t fall for me. All these times, he was nice, it’s because his guilty for making me sick the other day.” I whispered, choking on my own words during the process.

“Don’t cry, hyung.” Minnie commented before pulling me in his embrace, like usual.

“Maybe I should give up on him after all, Minnie ah. I’ve already been hurt too much, I don’t want to cry because of him again.” I whispered my words on to his chest.

“Don’t say that, hyung. He might say that unintentionally or out of anger. His mind is still clouded with the marriage news & such. You know how’s Omma is doing things, everything is too fast. You should try to talk to him again tomorrow, he should be in a better state of mind by then. There’s too much shocked for him today.” Minnie encourage me with his words.

I just nodded before looking at him, giving a weak smile.

“Don’t worry, your dongsaeng still loves you.” Minnie said happily before giving me a bear hug.

“I love you too, Minnie ah.” I said while chuckling at his cuteness.

“Let’s sleep together. I’m lonely sleeping alone.” I said before he nodded to my words.

It feels good to have someone to accompany my lonely nights in bed.

(Changmin’s Pov)

After spending some time zoning out, I was woke up by the cool breeze that make me shudder.

*I should apologize about before. I didn’t mean it to be that way.*

With that thought, I headed for Jaejoong’s room.

Upon arriving in front of the door, I decided to knock but the words that’s seem to be Jaejoong’s stop me.

“I love you too, Minnie ah.” Jaejoong’s tone was full of happiness.

*He loves Min, afterall. There’s no more me in his heart.*

“Let’s sleep together. I’m lonely sleeping alone.” His voice was heard once again before the sound of the switch was heard.

*The one he wants in his bed is Min. The one he wants in his life is Min, my dongsaeng.*

With a shattered heart, I headed towards my room.

That night I was sleepless, his words repeated in my mind like a broken record.

*Maybe this is what I deserve for being a jerk, a broken heart.*

(Next day)

(Jaejoong’s Pov)

“Baby ah, I think you should go with hyung today. You’ve been sneezing throughout the night, you might down with flu. It’s not good for you to be expose to the cold wind if you ride with me.” Minnie said in the mid of eating breakfast.

“Sure.” I said, giving a weak smile.

After crying too much yesterday, I lose my appetite.

“Aww..you guys are already sleeping together..that’s so sweet.” Umma remarked grinning at us which cause me to blush a little.

“Baby ah.. why’re you blushing?” Minnie asked, poking my cheeks but I just shake my head before biting more of the toast.

“Hyung, I hope you don’t mind giving Joongie a lift.” Minnie said, smiling at Changmin.

“Sure.” He replied, looking everywhere except me.

Finally, the both of us are in the car, the atmosphere was awkward & silence.

During the whole ride, nobody speaks a word & upon arriving, I just muttered a soft ‘thank you’ before exiting his car.

(Minho’s Pov)

I slowly drive my bike, enjoying the morning fresh air with the thought of Jae hyung on the car ride with hyung.

*I hope they talked or something.*

20 minutes later, I arrived at the academy parking lot & after parking, I headed for the corridor but then I heard a familiar voice.

*Jessica?*

“That Shim Changmin gonna paid for it during lunch. I’m gonna make sure, he can’t show he’s face in public anymore.” Jessica ranted to her best friend, Hyoyeon.

*What’s going on? I better call for some help.*

“Yeobosaeyo, Noona...” I speak out; the moment the call was answered.

(Lunch)

(Jaejoong’s Pov)

Lessons was boring especially without Yunnie around since he was sick, when the bell rang, I slowly headed for the exit just be greeted with Minnie & Changmin like usual.

“Baby ah, me & hyung, I will go & get the foods.” Minnie said before disappearing into the crowd with Changmin.

“Nice see you again, freak.” Jessica’s familiar voice was heard, she was standing beside the table with a smirk on her face.

“What do you want?” I asked lazily, not in the mood to deal with these kind of situation.

“This is what I want.” She said before pouring the 2 bottle of water that was in her hold on me, causing the others to gaps at the sight.

“How does it feel?” she asked, smirking with satisfaction.

“Who we have here?” a familiar voice was heard from the side.

“Sooyoung.” I sutter out, surprise to see her here.

“Hey Jae, sorry I’m late for lunch.” She said before passing me some tissues.

“Who are you?” Jessica asked, the smirk never leaves her face.

“Jaejoong, Sooyoung” Minnie & Changmin’s voice was heard as they appeared with the trays of foods.

“Omg..Joongie, are you ok?” Minnie said, worriedly before wiping my face with his own handkerchief.

“What do you want this time?” Changmin’s cold voice was heard.

“Baby ah, do you know this person?” Sooyoung asked before clinging herself on Changmin & give a peck soon after.

(Changmin’s Pov)

Sooyoung suddenly cling on me & whispered ‘work with me’ before resuming smirking at Jessica.

“Who is she?” Jessica shouted, demanding an answer.

“She’s my fiancée.” I answered.

“Fiancee? It’s just an act, right?” Jessica said before calming herself down.

“I’m sorry but it seems that our wedding invitation didn’t arrive to you yet.” Sooyoung said before passing her a white envelope.

After reading the content, the look on Jessica was in pure shock.

“You’re seriously marrying this ?” Jessica asked, in disbelief.

“Yes, . As you can see you’re dealing with a , so better get out of my way or your face will end up like this.” Sooyoung said while
tearing the invitation slowly into million pieces, emphasizing her words.

“Let’s go, guys.” She said after smirking at the speechless Jessica.

The 4 us headed out of the cafeteria with Jessica scream of frustration as a background sound.

(Jaejoong’s Pov)

“Jae, you’re alright, right?” Sooyoung asked, the moment we reach the rooftop.

“I’m fine.” I said, assuring her with a smile.

“Wow..noona..Are you always that fierce?” Minnie exclaimed, in amazement.

“Nah..it’s just when I needed too.” Sooyoung explained, smiling at us both before turning towards Changmin.

“You own me one.” She said before turning back at us.

“Whatever.” I heard Changmin muttered softly, looking at the sky.

“Gosh..I’m hungry now after using my energy on that idiot.” Sooyoung exclaimed before rubbing her tummy.

“Let’s go & get some food, noona. Hyung can accompany Joongie here.” Minnie suggested, which I hesitantly nodded in agreement.

“Actually, I’ve something to tell you.” I started, breaking the silence that surrounded us the moment Minnie & Sooyoung left.

(Changmin’s Pov)

*No..I’m not gonna listen to him confessing his feeling for Minho.*

“Wait, before you say anything listen to me first.” I said, looking straight into his eyes before he gave me a nod.

“I’m sorry about my words yesterday, I didn’t mean it in a bad away. It’s just that you’re going to be a part of our family & I decided to learn & accept you.” I explained, waiting for his respond.

“So you’re happy for us?” he asked.

*No...my heart is breaking but what can I do if your heart doesn’t belong to me.*

“Yes.” I lied, keeping a straight face.

“I’m glad to hear that. Can I ask you one thing?” He asked, before I gave a nod.

“What am I to you?” He asked, seriousness was plaster on his face while tension is in the air.

*You’re everything to me, without you I’m incomplete because you’re my other half.*

“You’re a future brother-in-law.” I lied once again.

*I can’t destroy your happiness with Min.*

(Jaejoong’s Pov)

It feels like my heart drop onto the floor & being stamp over, the moment he say ‘yes’.

*Is he that happy? That I’m no longer apart of his life but his dongsaeng instead. I’m just a nuisance to him afterall.*

I decided to ask him the question that I desired to ask all along.

“What am I to you?” I asked, my heart was pumping so hard.

“You’re a future brother-in-law.” H e said, with no expression on his face.

*I can’t read his expression at all. Maybe I should give up, after all. I already got my answer & it’s hurt me to the core. As if I’m being stab
again & again on the same wound.*

“That’s a relief. I’m just about to talk to you due to the fact as to accept our relationship. I’m glad to hear that.” I lied before putting on a fake
smile.

*******************

Unaware to them both, Sooyoung & Minho was listening to their conversation behind the metal door.