I see you everywhere

Lacuna
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I remember the first time he hugged me. I was trenched in sweat to cover up my tear that kept on streaming down my cheeks. I turned the music on max volume and watched with blurry vision as I practiced the same moves over and over. Every time it only resulted in wrong steps and my frustration grew. Just one week until our debut stage and everything I worked so hard for seemed to crash down on me. I knew this chorography like a second nature but for some reason I couldn’t do it.

This was it. I was going to ruin our very first stage. I knew I wasn’t ready and hyungs… They were going to hate me after this.

As the night progressed on, the practice room became darker and my heart a little heavier each time I messed up. Then suddenly the door to our practice room opened and with it brought Kim Taehyung. Without saying a single word, he strides toward where I was standing and hugged me from behind. I froze and everything around me slowed down, only the loud music resonated around us. Slowly, I turned around while holding onto his thin arms and buried my head deeper into his shoulder.

“Jungkook-ah you make BTS complete.” He whispered into my ears with his soothing voice.

He was like a tiny droplet of water, falling one at a time. Falling slowly but persistently until one day it became the entire ocean.

He became my ocean.

When the alarm clock awakened me from a deep slumber, the first thing on my mind was how wonderful the sleep was. I have never slept so soundly since I started my trainee days. For once, I felt light like a hundred pounds of weight has been lifted away from my chest. If this was what death felt like, I sure could get used to this feeling.

However, this peace only lasted for less than a minute until I felt a painful ache in my head and the voice of grim reaper returned.

“Welcome to this version of reality kiddo. Name: Jeon Jungkook. Age: 19. A beautiful age to be alive, isn’t it? Status: regular high school student with low grades but high spirt. This will be your life for a month or maybe forever, depending on your choice at the end. When I snap my fingers in the next 30 seconds you’ll find yourself sitting inside your math class. Have fun but remember from now on you’ll be making your own destiny.”

With a snap of his finger, my vision cleared up and I was now looking up at a messy chalkboard that somehow represented my situation perfectly. I was dead but not really. I would have a chance at being someone else but not really. I’m Jeon Jungkook but not really.

“Earth to Jeon Jungkook! Since when did you start paying attention in math class?” This was Kang Minsu, my best friend since the beginning of time. I could recognize his voice anywhere.

“Kang Minsu, is that you?” I could feel my throat coming back to life and my voice felt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter