Forever is a promise I can't keep

Lacuna
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As a little kid, I was always quiet and kept everything to myself. I was afraid to let my emotions show and quiet frankly, I didn't want to bother anyone with my problems. 

When I met Taehyung hyung, I began to open up just a little bit but still circled around personal and sensitive topics in fear of burdening him anymore than I already felt like I was. I wanted to become closer with him but I was afraid to close the distance.

On the morning of Christmas Eve during my first year as Big Hit trainee, I was packing my bags to go see my family when Taehyung burst through my door. He was clearly out of breathe but smiling widely as he stared at my confused expression. 

"Hey! I forgot to give you your Christmas present." Taehyung's voice held hints of joy and pure exictment like a little kid on the morning of thier birthday.

"Oh shoot, I don't have anything for you. I'm sorry hyung, I didn't know we were..." I looked around frantically as if a present would randomly appear on my bed if I looked hard enough.

Before I could finish looking around my room, Taehyung grabbed my wrist and pulled me closer to him and planted a kiss on my cheek. His soft, red lips left warmth on my left cheek rushing with blood. I stood there frozen, not knowing what to do nor what to say. My heart was pounding faster and faster as my eyes darted everywhere.

"I'm just kidding, here's your real gift!" Taehyung began to laugh as he pulled a small gift wrapped box out of his coat pocket. 

I remained rooted to the ground, unable to reach for the gift sitting on his outstrected palm. 

Taehyung once again pulled my wrist, opened my hands, and placed the box inside my sweaty palm. 

"The train is going to leave soon. I need to get going but Merry Christmas Eve! Jungkook-ah, thank you for being the world's best maknae and see you next year. I love you so much, kiddo!" Taehyung embraced me in his arms and waved goodbye while I still stood frozen like a statue. 

Long after he left, I opened the small gift box and found my favorite chocolate and a bright pink letter. On the small letter paper it read: I'm sorry this is all I could afford for now. I wish I could buy you those headphones you wanted but I promise you that as soon as we debute and make money, I'll buy you hundreds of headphones! Merry Christmas Eve, Merry Christmas, and have an amazing New Year. I look forward to more years with you. Actually, headphones are really expensive and buying you hundre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter