Grim Reaper and Two Choices

Lacuna
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I believe everyone has two choices in their life. The one they're currently living with and the one that's left unchosen. We'll never know the one we didn't choose. It'll always linger at the back of our consciousness but most of us never give too much thought about it because either we have come to accept our fate or we're too busy living with the choice we already made.

As for me, I was lost between the choice I was living with and the one I didn't bother to consider. All I knew was that at this moment in life, I couldn't help but wonder how my life would've played out as a normal teenager instead of Jeon Jungkook, the maknae of famous Korean boyband BTS.

"What if I never became a singer?"

2 weeks earlier

The spotlight was blinding my eyes but I kept on staring at it. I stood in the middle of this vast stadium as crowd cheered on and on. I immersed myself within this moment, engraving every last detail into my brain. This was everything I wanted from the start of my trainee days. All my hard work and tear has finally paid off. My fans and the people that loved me was nodding their head to my music. But all I could think about was him. The source of my pain and distraction since the day I met him. I never expected us to end up in a same group because let's face it, he was beautiful and had a voice of angel and there was no way I could be at the same level as him, so I never thought twice about having the need to bury my love for him. However, here I was years from then, with my hands inches away from the person I loved so much. I wished for the spotlight to blind me permanently so I didn't have to see his face. His existence shot hundred bolts of electricity up my vein and made my heart beat at an abnormal rate.

I loved him.

His hand was only inches away from mine and I no longer wanted to measure and calculate what ifs. I reached for his sweaty palm and grabbed it tightly, afraid that if I didn't held on tighter he would disappear forever. In fear that if I let go of his hand now, I would have to let go of it for the rest of my life and I wasn't ready to let him go.

He turned around and smiled at me and ruffled my hair.

"Jeon Jungkook thank you for making BTS complete" He held onto my hand just as tight but his words broke my heart.

I made BTS complete.

If I broke, my bandmate would have to hold up twice as much weight of the world on their shoulder. I didn't want to be their burden when all they shown me was kindness and love that I could only dream of.

"Kim Taehyung, I love you." I swallowed my words as I slowly let go of his hand and instead of the words that almost escaped from my throat, I smiled at him as I mouthed "thank you hyung".

I was so happy for a moment that I forgot about the constant pain he caused me. From the day he first hugged me to the last time he cried on my shoulder, I wanted to tell him how much I loved him. Every time his face got close, I wanted to forget everything and kiss him and hold onto him with all I got. Every single mindless jokes he make and all the "I love yous" he said without thinking about it were the main source of my heartache. His love only went as far as a brotherly affection and I was in no position to demand for more. After all, this was the consequence of my choice to live as an idol.

I was at the top of the world and I had everything I worked for but still how can I not wonder about my life if I choice the other life.

2 weeks later

"Hold the basketball closer your chest and try not to look like you're in love since the concept is bad boy." The director’s remark resulted in hysteria from the six hyungs watching me from behind the camera. I forced myself to laugh along with the rest of the crew in fear they'll notice where my gaze was focused at. Taehyung's every move and gestu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter