I'll Come Around

If You Ever Want To Be In Love

Momo groaned loudly, and if Jeonngyeon weren’t used to it she would’ve had freaked out. She didn’t even bother asking what’s wrong when her roommate sprinted into the kitchen and shoved her phone in the former’s face.

“She texted me!” Momo screamed.

 

Calmly, Jeonngyeon put down the pen in her hand and grabbed the phone.

hirai you free tonight?” She read and looked at Momo.

 

“I’m not, and even if I were, I am not.” She threw her hands in the air, not noticing when Jeonngyeon typed something down. She headed to the fridge and grabbed a beer, wondered how her best friend didn’t complain that those were for the party.

Momo heard her phone beep and groaned.

“She texted me again.” She tapped the message notification and frowned.

 

send me the address..is 8 too early?” She read out loud and looked at Jeongyeon.

 

“You. Did. ing. Not!” Momo whined, checking what Jeong had sent to Sana.

 

Jeongyeon is throwing a small party tonight, wanna join?

 

“This party is gonna be your funeral Yoo Jeongyeon!”

Momo got tired after five minutes of chasing Jeong around the apartment. She dramatically lied on the floor, sighing before going off and calling Jeongyeon every possible offensive thing in Korean, Japanese, and even English.

 

“I say you get the up and clean your room.” The short haired girl suggested, a smirk dancing on her face, as she put on her jacket to go and buy more party supplies, which were mainly more beer and food, for their friends were food enthusiasts.

 

“Screw you, Yoo Jeongyeon, I ain’t making out with my childhood best friend .”

Jeongyeon peeked her head into the apartment, “your first love you mean.” She somehow managed to close the door before the flying slipper hit her square in the face.

 

Nevertheless, Momo still put some effort and got off the floor. She walked to her room with heavy steps and started with the piles of clothes scattered around the place. She sniffed a couple of shirts and decided that most of them were still clean enough to be worn at least once more.

She pondered for a moment before changing her bedsheets. Jeongyeon is surely going to about that, but Momo can’t risk it and ignore the possibilities .

 

Momo reminded herself of taking revenge with every breath she took. Maybe she would screw the older girl over with Nayeon, or break some of her bones. She snickered at the thought that broken bones would hurt Jeongyeon much less. She stood in front of her messy closet and started looking for something that would look decent enough to wear.

 

 

 

 

At the same time , in an apartment somewhere in Seoul, Sana stood before the stacks of her neatly folded clothes wondering if she should wear a dress instead.

“Small party,” she said to no one in particular, “I should wear something cozy but pretty,” she added, “something Momo would love seeing me in.” She smiled to herself, a shy blush painting her cheeks.

 

“I gotta leave a good impression on her friends,” her smile dropped slightly at the thought of Jeongyeon, Momo’s girlfriend . “Do they live together?” She asked herself, having no answer to that question.

 

Her mind wandered back to times when she and Momo were only a few houses apart, the sleepovers they had every weekend and on holidays, their late night walks to get some snacks when Momo couldn’t handle hunger and Sana couldn’t say no to her puppy eyes.

 

It’s an understatement to say that watching things fall apart between you and your best friend and not being able to do anything about it is the most tragic.

 

Things didn’t exactly fall apart between Momo and her . The former had to move away, to South Korea, for university, and they gradually lost contact. Sana liked to believe that Momo would go back to Japan one day, and things would go back to how they used to be, but that one day had never come.

 

Sana didn’t exactly do nothing about it . She did, which is why she had accepted the job offer that acquired her to move to Seoul, South Korea.

 

Sana wasn’t obsessing over Momo, no, but home had been a foreign feeling since the older girl had left her side.






 

Everytime the bell rang, Momo would intensely look at the front door as Jeongyeon gets it.

“Maybe she wouldn’t come,” she mumbled, sitting on the counter, watching Jeongyeon arrange the freshly baked chocolate chip cookies on a tray.

The bell rang before Jeongyeon could answer, and Momo knew that fate played her without having to see that it’s Sana.

 

“You get that.” She told her roommate.

“I’ll get it!” Dahyun, who was the first to join them, shouted from the couch.

 

Momo peeked from the kitchen, and she felt as if oxygen had been stolen from her lungs when she saw the girl standing at the door in a short blue skirt and a white t-shirt. She was smiling shyly at Dahyun, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, something she had always done whenever she was shy.

 

“C-come in..” Momo stuttered, and she watched Sana’s shy smile turn into something more comfortable hearing her familiar voice. Dahyun turned around with her goofy smile on her face, “she’s your friend? For a second I thought she might’ve made a little mistake.” She looked at Sana again and bowed apologetically.

 

Sana walked in with Dahyun trailing behind her. Her childhood best friend approached her, awkwardly putting her arm around her shoulders. “Dubu, Chaeng, Mina, this is my childhood best friend, Sana.” Chaeyoung and Mina paused their games and looked up to greet the newcomer.  

“She’s really pretty,” Chaeyoung blurted out of nowhere, earning a swift hit from Mina, and a blush from the girl in question.

“Oh, Mina, Sana is Japanese too.” She announced, excited. Sana bowed her head, taking a seat on the couch next to Dahyun.

 

“Nice seeing you again, Sana.” Jeongyeon shouted from the kitchen, “even though I haven’t really seen you yet right now.” She added, and Chaeyoung laughed.

 

“You too,” Sana answered.

 

“She’s busy with the cookies,” Momo giggled awkwardly, “I didn’t even get to introduce you two to each other properly last time.” She rubbed the back of her head, sitting on the edge of the couch, pressed to Sana.


“It’s okay, there’s plenty of time to do that.” Sana smiled enjoying the warmth radiating from the older girl. She unconsciously leaned her head on Momo, and only then did the latter realize how much she had missed her childhood best friend.


a/n: remember when I said I'll make this 2 chapters? I think it's gonna be 3.