If You Ever Wanna Be In Love

If You Ever Want To Be In Love

“Jeongyeon,” Momo leaned in and whispered, “Minatozaki Sana.”

Her best friend who was busy munching on her food hummed as a sign that she didn’t hear what the younger girl said.

“Minatozaki. Sana.” Momo repeated, emphasizing every word, and to that Jeongyeon stopped chewing, looked up and asked. “Minatozaki Sana?”

Momo nodded.

“ The , Minatozaki Sana?” She asked again, a bit loudly, and her companion hurried to cover with her hand.

“Keep it low, Jeong, I’m not ready for an encounter yet.”

“She’s damn gorgeous oh my cheesus!” Jeongyeon commented the second Momo’s palm left .

“I know but can you stop looking at her like a creep? I don’t want her to notice me.”

“She’s coming our way..”

“Nice joke assho-” Momo was cut off by a sweet voice asking “Momo-san?”

“Fudge you Yoo Jeongyeon..” she muttered under her breath before looking up with a toothy smile.

“Oh! Sana!” She faked surprise, getting up to greet the girl properly.

“I never thought I’d be seeing you here!” Sana exclaimed. Momo looked around the restaurant before asking, “why? What’s wrong with this restaurant?”

“I meant Korea, dummy!” Sana chuckled, that same high-pitched laugh that Momo fell for in high school , “if anything, I’d never be surprised to see you in a restaurant, Momo, food is your first love.” She added.

You are my first love.

But Momo knew better than saying that. She scratched the back of her head, giving a shy smile. “Wanna join us?” She offered.

“I would love to, but I’m here with my boss and some co-workers, I can’t ditch them.” She pointed at a table on the far right. “But give me your new number, I should take you out for dinner some time.”

Sana left after exchanging numbers, and only then did Momo remember to breathe.

“Listen, Momo, I might not be a psychic but as your best friend I am totally in the position to break the news to you.” Jeongyeon finally said. Her friend looked at her with a huge question mark on her face.

“You’re still head over heels for the girl, and oh god I wouldn’t blame you for it, she’s fine.”

Momo looked down at the almost empty plate before her. She sighed, a deep sigh, and nodded.

“She dyed her hair.” She said to no one in particular.

“She’s a bit taller now,” she added.

“She lost weight.”

“Momo?” Jeongyeon pulled the girl from her thoughts.

“Hmm..”

“She’s been looking at you since she left. She almost tripped on her way to their table.” Jeongyeon teased.

“She has always been clumsy.”

“She thinks I’m your girlfriend.”

Momo looked at Jeongyeon with horror, and the latter broke down in loud laughter, gaining attention from the surrounding tables, and Minatozaki Sana.

“No offense, Jeong, but I’d never date you.”

“It’s not like I’d leave Nayeon for you.”

“Good to know that we agree.”

 

“So, peach, what are you gonna do about her?” Jeongyeon finally asked.