Little Quirks

If You Ever Want To Be In Love

Momo left Sana’s side, cold and empty, and she joined Jeongyeon in the kitchen to help her with whatever she was doing.

 

Jeongyeon walked out of the kitchen with her apron still on. She greeted Sana properly, exchanging warm smiles and asking about how each other’s weeks had been.

“Do you guys want to start the party or should we wait for the people who are always late?” The girl with short grey hair asked. Mina and Chaeyoung were too engrossed in their video games to answer. Dahyun announced that she’d appreciate a cold beer and Sana agreed to that.

 

“Who wants to bet,” at the mention of the word bet everyone looked up paying attention to the older girl, “that Jihyo and Tzuyu are late ‘cause mommy Jihyo is making sure princess Chewy is done with her homework before partying hard till the crack of dawn?” They all started laughing hard, Sana laughed too despite not understanding their inside joke. Their laughter was just too contagious.

 

“Sana-ssi,” Jeongyeon started, “I believe Momo failed to inform you that our parties are probably the weirdest lamest you would ever attend in your entire life, and also the gayest."

Sana laughed, “I didn’t expect more.”

 

Sana’s eyes followed Jeongyeon back into the kitchen. She watched her stand right behind Momo, leaning her head on the latter’s shoulder, and she couldn’t stop the jealousy that spread over her chest.

 

“Momo,” Jeongyeon whispered, “don’t you dare ruin my masterpiece,” she warned as she took a glance at the tray of cookies. They were arranged neatly to spell “gayest” below a melted chocolate scrabble that says “this group is the”.

 

She had 2 beers in her hands when the door opened revealing a cute girl with a sheepish smile.

 

“Romeo!” She called, looking at Jeongyeon.

“You’re late,” Romeo deadpanned, her warm smile failing her cold tone.

 

 A queen is never late, my dear, everyone is simply early .” The cute girl, whom Sana assumed to be their roommate since she just barged into the apartment, quoted, adding a wink at the end.

Sana decided she likes the girl’s humor and attitude. However, she was taken by surprise when she pressed a quick peck on Jeongyeon’s lips.

 

“Control your gay, Nayeon,” Momo rolled her eyes, “Chaeyoung is a minor.”

Nayeon snickered, eyeing Chaeyoung who was looking back at her with a moments before the disaster look. She shook her head slightly with pleading eyes, only for Nayeon’s evil smile to grow wider, revealing adorable bunny teeth.

 

“Your so-called-still-minor Chaeyoung,” she started.

“Unnie,” Chaeyoung begged.

“Was making out with Mina on my very own couch yesterday.”

Chaeyoung hurried to cover her beet red face, not daring to make eye contact with anyone, especially Mina whose face was as red as hers. And for the first time that night Sana noticed that the two of them were a bit too close as each of them was busy playing on her phone. She found that endearing.

The hoarse gasp leaving Momo’s lips pulled her out of her thoughts.

“Chaeng!”

“God, Momo unnie, I’m almost 18, you know?” She tried to sound assertive but it was nothing more than muffled noises since she was still covering her face.

“Mina?” Momo questioned.

“You’re acting worse than fathers, or Jihyo, Momoring, let the kids love each other.” Nayeon interrupted.

 

“Jeong?” Now the japanese brunette was looking for support from her roommate.

 

“Listen, I can’t say a thing to that. Chaeyoung knows that the first time I kissed with this loser right here I was barely 17.” She shrugged her shoulders.

 

“Now, why is it always a conversation about kissing whenever I walk into this apartment?” A girl with big eyes and long brown hair shouted from the entrance. She was followed by a really pretty taller girl.

 

“Jihyo, Tzuyu, always glad to know that I’m not the last to join.” Nayeon teased. “I was just telling our Moguri right here how-” Momo’s hand was covering the girl’s mouth, shaking her head. “Jesus, Nayeon, Tzuyu is like, 5?” She scolded.

 

“Just so you know, I’m 17 and more mature than you are.” The pretty girl, whom Sana recognized as Tzuyu, fired back.

 

“That must’ve burned, Momo.” Sana poked, getting the attention of everyone in the room.

 

Nayeon chuckled, “I don’t know this girl but I like her already.” She approached the raven-haired with a handshake.

“Im Nayeon.”

“Minatozaki Sana. Momo’s childhood best friend.”

 

“So it’s safe to say that she always had someone to slander her since she was young?”

“I’m proud of my job,” Sana giggled, watched the pout that appeared on Momo’s face.

 

The same giggle that Momo had fallen for in high school.

 

“Jihyo,” the girl with big eyes and brown hair said, “and this is Tzuyu.”

 

“Chewy, finished homework?” Dahyun teased.

“Can I just get adopted by Jeong and Nayeon, please?”

She sighed, and Jihyo faked hurt.

 

“After raising you for 17 years you want to leave me for a couple of gay losers who wouldn’t even remember your name?” She dramatically clutched her chest making everyone burst in laughter as Tzuyu patted her head affectionately.

 

Then it hit Sana, a bit too late since things were going pretty fast, but Jeongyeon and Nayeon were a couple.

 

“Drinking time!!!!” Dahyun yelled.

“Isn’t she abusing her privilege of becoming an adult?” Tzuyu rolled her eyes.

“Tzuyu, honey, becoming an adult is never a privilege.” Nayeon patted her shoulder as Dahyun tiptoed to tap her head. “I’ll let you drink some when the unnies are wasted.” She whispered into the taller’s ear.

“Don’t you dare Kim Dahyun!” Jihyo yelled, surprising Sana with how loud it was.

 

The two girls were bickering and Sana couldn’t hold back her giggles. Momo sat back next to her.

“I’m sorry, they are too weird,” she rubbed her nape.

“I think I love them already.” Sana smiled.

 

“So,” she started, her voice low and careful, “Nayeon and Jeongyeon are dating?”

Momo nodded.

“So you’re not dating Jeongyeon?” And before the older girl could say anything, Jeongyeon leaned in and answered for her, “We’re not, and I would never leave Nayeon for her. What kind of downgrade would that be!”

 

Sana bursted in laughter for the nth time that night despite the blush on her face for being caught asking such a question.


“So Jeong wasn’t wrong when she said you thought she’s my girlfriend the other time,” Momo mentioned blatantly, “and now that I’ve lost the bet I’ll have to wash the dishes for 2 weeks. I can’t believe you thought I’d date such a loser.” She groaned.


a/n: this totally gonna be more than 3 chapters.