Chapter One

My Boyfriend, Byun Baekhyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun wasn't talking to me. In fact, I am a hundred percent sure he was actively trying to avoid me. What had I done, you ask? 

No freakin' clue. 

I mean he was fine before the concert. He was fine during the concert. But when we were packing up and getting ready to go home, he was unusually quiet. Or 'too tired for this, Chanyeol' as he had said. And then he pushed past me. Got in the car and went straight to bed once we got to the dorms. I knew he was just pretending to sleep. He wasn't making any of those puppy noises. 

Then he didn't talk to me the entire day yesterday. Glared at me everytime I sat next to him, or said anything. And when I was talking to Kyung Soo? He looked about ready to murder me.

I asked Sehun last night if he knew what was up with Baekhyun. That little kid. Looked at me as if I was stupid, shook his head and then said I was stupid. Like the catchphrase Exo, we are one! so does not mean we can telepathically read each other's minds. How was I supposed to know why Baekhyun was ticked off.

"Huh. Seeing what an oblivious idiot you are, I'm not even surprised Baekhyun hyung is mad at you." Sehun had said. "In fact, I'm surprised he hasn't punched you already." After which he went back to his room, muttering something about how he was the only one in this building with a brain that functioned. 

Kyung Soo was no help either. He just shrugged and said he'd ask Baekhyun later. Which he didn't. He forgot. How convenient.

It's the third day of Baekhyun not talking to me. When we were leaving for the airport, he got into the other car with Suho hyung, Xiumin hyung and Chen. I frowned. We always drove together. We always sat together. 

"What about our Chanbaek shippers?" I muttered as I got into my own car. I'd said that more to myself hoping no one heard that. But Sehun did and threw me a dirty look. What? Like he didn't flaunt all that skinship with Luhan for his fans. I raised my eyebrows questioningly but apparently it was ignore Chanyeol week.

 

No really. Byun Baekhyun is the king of silent treatments. He was seriously ignoring me in front of the fans. Is he a rookie? Doesn't he know how fast the fans pick up this stuff? How much they read in between the lines? What happened to fan service and God help me if Kim ing Jong In didn't stop showing Baekhyun memes on his phone. 

Fine, Baekhyun. Don't talk to me. Don't sit next to me. But why is it that you're torturing me by sticking to Jong In? I looked at the two out of the corner of my eyes. If Baekhyun shifted any closer to Kai, he'd be sitting in his lap. What were they watching anyway that had Baekhyun all smiley and still not talking to me. I took out my phone and texted Baekhyun.

That looks fun. What are you guys doing. :D 

I heard Baekhyun's phone chime and a second later the text went to read. I waited for the typing...

What the hell. He's gonna leave me at seen?

I turned to look at him and he was staring at me. He looked sad? What was it? Was he worried about his duet with Suzy? Was he worried if we would win a daesang at MAMA this year or not? Was he sad because he missed his mother? Grandmother? Was he hungry? Sleepy? Tired? And no. This isn't some internal monologue. I typed all of this. Asked Baekhyun what was wrong. He didn't look away from me, his phone limp in his hand. 

"Baek-" I started to say. He blinked, inhaled sharply, put his phone in his pocket and turned to Kai, his smile back on his face. 

I sighed and groaned inwardly. Luckily, the announcement for our flight came on and we got ready to board. Maybe I could get Baekhyun to talk to me during the flight. 

But Baekhyun, my dear sweet little friend had gone and planted his next to Oh Sehun. I glared at Sehun as I went and stood next to their seat.

"Go sit near Suho hyung." 

"You can't order me around." Sehun said and relaxed back in his seat. 

"Get up. You're the maknae. You should listen to your hyungs." 

And then Baekhyun spoke to me for the first time in almost three days.

" off, Chanyeol." 

I stood rooted to my spot, and huffed in indignation.

"You heard him, hyung." Sehun grinned toothily. "Why don't you go sit next to Suho hyung." 

I almost argued. Almost. I was too upset to. You know that feeling when your best friend ditches you just because they found new and better friends and you just feel abandoned and used? Yeah.

I had a lot of time on the way to Hong Kong to actually think about this. More like whisper to Chen throughout the flight about why Baekhyun was ignoring me.

"Do you think he thinks I'm a loser?"

"Eveyone thinks you're a loser, Chanyeol."

"Was it because I didn't clean our room last week?"

"Do you ever clean your room?"

"Cuz I about Suzy?" 

"We're all teasing him about Suzy." 

"So why is he mad at me?" 

That last one wasn't whispered. All of them, the manager and stylists included stared at me. 

"Sorry." I slid down in my seat as Chen snickered. Baekhyun hadn't even turned around to look at me. He was busy on his phone. God, why is he so cold hearted. 

"Cheer up, Chanyeol." Chen said as he slapped my thigh. "Think about what you'll say when we win a daesang. That'll take your mind off things." 

I nodded but really, not even a daesang would cheer me up now.

 


Baekhyun was clearly uncomfortable. He looked tired and so not in the mood to deal with the paparazzi, who only shoved their cameras in our faces. I sighed. Mostly when this happened, Baekhyun would just hide behind me until we were inside. Right now, he was way too ahead of me and it was very crowded. Why wasn't Oh Sehun helping him? If he was going to steal my best friend, he should at least look out for him.

Once we were inside, we were ushered to our dressing rooms. Baekhyun, Lay hyung and I were in the same room. Our stylists quickly unpacked all of their stuff and set to work. We had a little over an hour before the red carpet. Baekhyun's stylist, Jin Hee spoke as she shuffled around in her bag. "Oppa, why do you have eye bags? Didn't you sleep last night?" 

Baekhyun gave her a sheepish smile. "I was -uh thinking about some stuff." 

"Baek, if you're worried about the duet," Lay hyung said from his chair, looking at Baekhyun through the mirror. "Don't be. You'll do fine." 

"Yeah and we'll cheer you on." I grinned and slapped him on the back, almost forgetting that we weren't talking. 

Baekhyun apparently hadn't forgotten anything. His expression grew steely and he muttered through gritted teeth. "Hands off, Park." Okay. Now he was exhausting me.

"What the hell is your problem, Baekhyun?" I said, an octave louder than I wanted to.

Baek jumped up from his chair and pointed an accusatory finger at me. "You. You are my problem." 

"What did I do? I'm sorry, okay?"

Baek laughed humourlessly as Lay hyung and our stylists simply stared at us, too stunned to say anything. 

"What are you even apologising for?"

"I don't know!" We were both shouting now. "You haven't been talking to me. Just tell me what I should apologize for!"

"Go to hell, Park Chanyeol." He turned to sit back in his chair but I was really, really tired of him ignoring me like that. I grabbed his wrist and okay maybe I tugged a little too hard. I didn't mean to. Baekhyun cried out in pain and in a second, Lay hyung was standing in between us. 

"Chanyeol, calm down." 

Wow. He really was like a healing unicorn. I felt some of my anger ebb away but my brain wasn't a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter