Chapter 8

Making Perfect

"Cheol?" Jihoon called as he noticed Seungcheol shooting daggers at the paper in front of him.

 

"What are you doing?" Jihoon asked in amusement as Seungcheol messed his hair in frustration. They were at the older's place.

 

"I'm trying to write something but I don't have any idea what to write!" Seungcheol exclaimed, crumpling the paper in front of him.

 

"You should take a rest then." Jihoon said pulling Seungcheol up, trailing lazily behind Jihoon.

 

"Let's cuddle." Jihoon whispered, hiding his face on the sleeves of Seungcheol's sweater which he was wearing. Seungcheol smiled at Jihoon's cuteness. They have been dating for nine months now and it's the first time that Jihoon initiated skinship and was very vocal about it.

 

Seungcheol hugged Jihoon as they sat on the sofa. The older nuzzling at Jihoon's neck. He can smell the faint perfume that Jihoon was so accustomed on wearing. The combination of mint and strawberry.

 

"You're making a song?" Jihoon asked.

 

"Yeah. But I'm having a hard time as you can notice." Seungcheol sighed as he thought of the deadline given to him to finish the song.

 

"My professor once told us that if you can't write a song, for example, you should listen to stories of other people so that you can get an idea." Jihoon said, entwining their fingers. Seungcheol nodded as he entertained the thought of listening to someone to get an inspiration for his song.

 

"Do you mind if I tell you a story?" Jihoon closed his eyes as memories came flooding his mind.

 

"It's about- me. My past actually. I didn't tell anyone about this because I always thought that I'm the one to be blamed for our breakup. I am the guilty one." Jihoon sighed. Seungcheol slightly squeezed Jihoon's hand in encouragement.

 

"I have an ex-boyfriend. We've been together since I was just 14 years old. We lasted for 3 years."

 

"Wait Hoonie! Will you allow me to write a song about your story?" Seungcheol said, resting his chin against Jihoon's shoulder.

 

"Yes you may Mr. Choi Seungcheol. Why do you think I'm telling you these if I won't allow you?" Jihoon answered derisively, Seungcheol grinned and hugged Jihoon tighter.

 

"The two of us were always fighting. There was a time when he walked out and I followed him but he slammed the door in front of my face, could you imagine that?" Jihoon complained as Seungcheol laughed.

 

"Then because of that fights I felt numb, it's like there were no end to our fights. And he was so picky with everything from the food he eats to the dress he wears even to the car he rides. And just because I was so nice to him, he always tell me that I shouldn't answer back though we both know that I was correct. Can you imagine that he went away for almost two weeks just because I answered back?"

 

You ran out slamming the door behind you

I hit my head and let out a sigh and rest against the car wheel

I'm so used to sights like this now

Now I don't even get hurt from these fights

 

Just like you shop for brand name products, you're so picky

Once you get mad, the aftermath is so bad, you go for at least two weeks

Because I'm so nice, you always tell me, because I'm a guy, I should take a step back

 

"Then at my 16th birthday he asked me to marry him. I was just 16 back then, I have a lot dreams for myself and though I really love him I can't say yes to him. I was not yet ready so I told him to wait for awhile because we're too young for that kind of things, he was 17 then. But he still insisted that matter almost everyday and I thought many ways just to change the subject. During that time, I can feel that I'm slowly falling out of love with him. Then one day, I woke up and decided to break up with him."

 

I'm really uncomfortable with the way you pressure me into marriage

Like an expert, I now know many ways to change the subject

You always come after me and I always run away

I'll be honest, I'm not ready yet

 

I'm tired, my love towards you is like a ring with peeling plating, fading away

I think I need to break up with you today

I'm so sick of these words that I say everytime we fight

 

"I know it's my fault because I allowed him to be like that. Everytime we fought I will just keep quiet and take all the blame for him to feel better, I will act like a lacking person."

 

I'm the guilty one - whenever our opinions differ,

It's all my fault, as if I'm a criminal

I take a step back and don't say anything

To perfect you, I'm always a lacking person

 

"Back then I was this bubbly and happy person, no kidding. But whenever we're with his or my friends he will tell me to act as arrogant as I can for our friends to say that we are so perfect for each other, a person who never fails to light up the whole room, that's him and someone who was so arrogant and can't even smile, that's me. I was so in love with him that I followed everything that he wanted. But there came a time that I felt tired because he expected more and more from me and I can’t do all of that."

 

At first it was easy to be with you

For you, I hid and erased myself

I was drunk with love and leaned against you

I forcefully fit myself in your puzzle

 

But now I'm tired, you made me like this and I can't breathe

More and more, you expect more out of me

Like the shoe sole that is wearing out due tofriction, love is wearing out as well

 

"Then his nagging became a must in our relationship. There wasn’t a day that he didn’t nag at me. But I still kept quiet that's why he thought that's fine with me. But the truth is I really miss myself, my real self so that day without any hesitations, I broke up with him."

 

Your nagging is like a necktie, choking my neck and making me quiet

That's why it seemed good

But then inside of me was being twisted and going wrong

I miss myself before I meet you

 

The period of tiredness in our relationship is a wall that is too high

I said that I will be better, that I will be good but

I want to tell you today

This is the last time I will say this between us

 

"That day I promised that i will never say the words, 'I will be good' to him or even to someone who I will end up with because I believe that if he really loves me, he will love me for what I am and not for what he wanted me to be. I also promised that I will not say those three words unless he can show me what a real love is."

 

I don't ever want to say "I will be good" ever again

(I don't want to say it)

I won't say "I love you" ever again

(I will be good)

I don't ever want to say "I will be good" ever again

(I don't want to say it)

 

All the time I held back words of separation

I will say it now

 

--

"Hyung! Your song is good!" Vernon said as he bobbed his head to the song coming off the speakers.

 

The Aces together with Jihoon, Jun, Seungkwan, Chan and Minghao were currently at Jeonghan and Jisoo's place for some final touches and suggestions before the song which Seungcheol composed could finally be released.

 

"Jihoon helped me in making that song." Seungcheol said, munching at the brownies that Seungkwan brought for them.

 

"The story telling is good." Jisoo commented as he tapped his foot with the rhythm.

 

"It was Jihoon who made the lyrics I just added some unnecessary things. But to think of it, he's the one who composed it, not me." Seungcheol laughed as soon as he realized it.

 

"Jihoon~hyung won't be called the Pledis University's very own music prodigy for nothing." DK beamed as he looked at Jihoon like Jihoon was some kind of god.

 

"That's not true." Jihoon said, blushing at the compliment.

 

"But hyung, who will sing the chorus?" Mingyu asked as he can hear the voice of Seungcheol singing his lungs out.

 

"Now that you asked, I do not have anyone particular in mind." Seungcheol said.

 

"What if-" Jeonghan didn't even have to finish his sentence, all the people inside the room stared at Jihoon who was sitting quietly at the far end of the room.

 

"W-what?" Jihoon stuttered, as the other boys were grinning at him. Seungcheol smirked as he approached a nervous Jihoon.

 

"What do you think of recording a song Hoonie?"

 

 

 

 

**

A/N

Oh my!

Thanks for subscribing guys! TT

I'm thinking of another chapter or two, what do you think?

Please do comment, I really appreciate it ;')