Chapter 6

Making Perfect

"If you and I survived this one, I swear Choi Seungcheol I'm the one who will kill you!" Jihoon shouted as Seungcheol was holding his hand while both of them were running for their lives.

 

Literally.

 

"I didn't know that they are not into food fights and stuffs!" Seungcheol laughed as he looked back at the people who were chasing them.

 

"Moron!" Jihoon who was breathing so hard yelled.

 

Seungcheol's idea of fun was beyond Jihoon's expectation. Jihoon had always thought that Seungcheol was a child trapped in a grown man's body and this situation proved him corrrect.

 

What was Seungcheol's idea of fun you asked?

 

Simple. They will enter a random hotel unit and if they're lucky enough they will enter a party and just blend with the crowd. Enjoy the party and the drinks and have fun.

 

It was so simple right?

 

But it was not.

 

True. They entered a party but that party was for the celebration of a dead person's legacy and they didn't know it until someone, aka Choi Seungcheol yelled,

 

"Where's the party? I have been waiting so long to get smashed at this party!"

 

At first, Jihoon found Seungcheol's antics hilarious as the older started throwing food to the guests who were all shocked at the intruders. But Jihoon's laughter immediately died when muscular men in tuxedos approached them, Seungcheol also noticed it and grabbed Jihoon's hand as they run outside the hotel's hallway. The men in tuxedo ran after them. That's the story behind this running men.

 

Seungcheol managed to get in time as the elevator door closes. With one swift move, Jihoon and him were inside the elevator. Jihoon held on his chest as he was panting so hard with Seungcheol beside him doing the same.

 

"Seungcheol!" Jihoon breathed heavily as he glared at Seungcheol who was grinning like an idiot.

 

"I swear Seungcheol!" Jihoon roared. Thank goodness they're the only ones in the elevator, Seungcheol thought, his grin changing into a somewhat scared look right away.

 

"I-I'm sorry. I-I thought you w-will enjoy that kind of things." Seungcheol gulped as Jihoon was frowning at him. If looks can only kill, Seungcheol was now decaying in that elevator.

 

"Are you kidding me?!" Jihoon yelled, his brows knitted as he stared at Seungcheol in disbelief, Seungcheol kept his head down.

 

"I-I'm so-"

 

"THAT WAS THE MOST FUN THING I EVER DID IN MY LIFE!"

 

"-rry- WHAT?!" Seungcheol's head shot up as he stared curiously at Jihoon who despite the panting was laughing hard.

 

"Oh my god Seungcheol! That was fun!" Jihoon snickers. Seungcheol was astonished at Jihoon’s reaction. He was about to say something when the elevator door opened. Jihoon pulled Seungcheol out of it.

 

"Did you bring your car?" Jihoon's eyes wandered at the cars parked in front of them, they were currently at the parking area of the hotel.

 

"Yeah. Do you want to go somewhere?" Seungcheol fished out his car keys using his unoccupied hand. Jihoon smiled and nodded enthusiastically.

 

"But didn't you have classes later? It's already passed 1 in the morning." Seungcheol asked, leading the way to his car which was parked not so far away.

 

"I actually have. But I want to spend some time with you." Jihoon shrugged as he got into the older's car, he didn't notice the other man blushing at the answer. Seungcheol got into the driver's seat and started the car.

 

"Let's take a drive then. The night is still young."

 

--

 

"Be careful Jihoon!"

 

"Just keep on driving! Don't mind me!"

 

"Don't mind you?! The thing you're doing is dangerous!"

 

"I told you I'm fine! Just keep driving!"

 

"You'll be the death of me Lee Jihoon." Seungcheol can't do anything but sighed as he watched Jihoon, the younger's poking his head out of the car's window.

 

Jihoon closed his eyes as he felt the cold wind caressing his face. He couldn't help but smile as he felt a hand tugging at his shirt, he slowly opened his eyes.

 

"Please Jihoon. Can you sit properly now? I can't focus with my driving if I know half of your body is outside my car window." Seungcheol begged as he focused his eyes back to the road though his other hand was on Jihoon's shirt, slightly pulling him. Jihoon pouted as he sat properly beside Seungcheol.

 

Jihoon stared at Seungcheol, thanking the heavens above for this man beside him. Someone Jihoon never imagined that will cross his path, someone who loves him so much, someone who makes him feel beyond happy, someone who can put up with any mood he was in, someone who adored him, someone like Choi Seungcheol.

 

The older noticed Jihoon’s gazed focused on him, he smiled sweetly making the younger blushed, the younger turning his face.

 

"Hoonie?" Seungcheol called, slightly tapping the steering wheel with his forefinger.

 

"What?"

 

"I love you."

 

Jihoon bit his lower lip, preventing the big smile that's threatening to show on his face but failing miserably.

 

"Why?" Jihoon closed his eyes, the cold wind still caressing his face as he let the window down.

 

Seungcheol looked at Jihoon confusedly, the younger was looking back intently at Seungcheol. Seungcheol grinned as he caught the real meaning of the question.

 

"Why not?" Seungcheol focused his attention back at the road as he made a U-turn.

 

"I'm not famous, I'm not even rich. My family isn't even influential. I'm not pretty. I can't express my emotions well. You're always putting up with my mood. I always shout and curses at you. I can't even properly say or show what you really are for me." Jihoon stated, staring at the view outside his window.

 

"Why? Why me?" Jihoon asked. Seungcheol gave the man sitting beside him a glance through the rearview mirror.

 

"Because you are you. Because you are Lee Jihoon. My one and only Lee Jihoon. The Lee Jihoon I love." Jihoon was left dumbfounded.

 

"I don't care what you are or what you are not, what you could and couldn't do or from what family you came from. I don't care if you're rich or broke. I don't care if you always shout and curses at me as long as you stay with me, that's all that matters.” Seungcheol lifted his eyebrow as he looked at Jihoon's reflection on the rearview mirror.

 

"In the way you look at me. In the way you kissed and hugged me back. In the way you missed me whenever I'm not around. The way you cared for me. The way you scold me whenever i did something stupid. The way you lifted my mood whenever I'm down. In everything you do Jihoon, it showed me what I am to you. In every little thing you do, it showed how much you love me though you couldn't say it." Seungcheol shot a knowing glimpse at Jihoon who was blushing fervently.

 

"How could you say those cheesiness with a straight face?" Jihoon asked as he cupped his face, he's sure as hell that his face was burning red now. Seungcheol chuckled as they entered the parking area of the apartment where the Aces were living.

 

"I am going home now." Jihoon went out of the car, straightening his oversized pink sweatshirt.

 

"It's already 4 in the morning, just stay here. And i will not take a no for an answer." Seungcheol said, hauling Jihoon with him. Jihoon protested but was hauled nonetheless.

 

--

 

"Let's go to sleep now." Seungcheol announced as he pushed Jihoon on his bed, he laid beside the younger, hugging him.

 

"W-wait! I will just sleep on the sofa!" Jihoon struggled as he tried to escape from Seungcheol's tight hug.

 

"Shhh~ Just sleep, you have classes later." Seungcheol whispered as he nuzzled on Jihoon's neck, the younger stiffened at the action.

 

"Goodnight Lee Jihoon. I love you so much." Seungcheol stared at a pair of brown eyes and smiled as he planted a soft kiss on Jihoon's lips.

 

"I-I lo-love you too." Jihoon answered almost incoherently, staring at Seungcheol's doe eyes. Seungcheol was astounded but kissed Jihoon again, this time with all the passion he could muster. His hands cupping Jihoon's face, their kiss becoming deeper as the seconds passed by.

 

"I love you more Lee Jihoon."