Awakened (A Hint of Happiness)

Light Up The Darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    You awoke a few hours later, sitting up only to be met with the worried eyes of the tan man. “Here, eat this.”

    A bowl of tteokguk was put in front of you and he handed you a spoon. Your stomach growled loudly at the sight and you flushed; It was embarrassing to be treated like a child by a man whose name you didn’t even know. You raised a spoonful of the tteokguk to your lips and savored the warmth of the broth and the chewiness of the rice cakes. “Ahjussi, may I know your name since you already seem to know who I am?”

    “Cha Hakyeon.”

    Now you had a name to the face of the man. This Cha Hakyeon, despite his earlier rudeness, seemed to have a very motherly disposition. His aura had changed from cold and prickly to very warm and inviting, reminding you of your late mother. She had been much like the man before you; she hid her true feelings until she had an accurate judgement of the person in question. You missed her a lot but there was nothing you could do to bring back the dead. 

    “Look who’s awake!”

    An unfamiliar voice jerked you out of your thoughts. Both you and Hakyeon looked over to the brunette who had walked in unannounced. Hakyeon rolled his eyes at the man who had a huge smile plastered on his face. “Lee Hongbin, how many times do I have to ask you not to just barge right into my home? At least announce yourself before walking in.”

    Hongbin’s grin did not budge as he aggravated the older man; it was one of his pastimes to irritate Hakyeon. It wasn’t like it was left unreciprocated; Ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter