Disgraced (A New Beginning)

Light Up The Darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Quick note guys, there's an intro in the foreward so don't forget to read that! :)

~~~~~~~~~~

    Tap tap tap.    

    You looked up from the dirt floor of your cell to the man who had knocked on the wall outside of your cell. Dirt and grime stained your face save for the tear track that meandered down your cheeks. The tears you had shed were ones of anger rather than sadness at the loss of the last members of your family. Both your father and grandfather had once been revered generals, but they had failed to push back the enemies’ forces and lost many of their troops. For this, they were sentenced to death.

    It wasn’t fair. Though they had lost many of their personally commanded troops, it was not like they had done it intentionally. Why kill good generals over one failure? Rage bubbled inside of you and you clenched your teeth. If you were to be sentenced to death as well, you would go out with your head held high. You would not tarnish your family’s honor anymore. 

    One of the few remaining subordinates under your father’s command was at the door to your cell. “Eunbi, you are safe from death, however you are stripped of your family name and status. You are to work as a gisaeng for the army until you can pay back the debts that your father and grandfather’s failures have put your family in. Until then, you are to be considered no better than a slave. I'm sorry.”  

    You got up silently and dusted off your silks, dry-eyed and not trusting your own voice. Your crimson skirt had stains around the hem and the white of your sleeves were torn from when they had dragged you unceremoniously from the stage where your father and grandfather had lost their heads and thrown you in this cold,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter