Assessed (A Mysterious Man)

Light Up The Darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    He held open the flap of the tent in order to let you in. You hesitated for a second before stepping into the partial darkness. He could be a threat to you but there was little else you could do. At least if he tried something, the training your father instilled in you would be of use. You didn’t really have much of a choice seeing as most of the camp followers who weren’t affiliated with the soldiers were es.  Though technically you were now a gisaeng, you didn’t actually have to sleep with people, you just had to pay back the debts your family owed. 

    The flap of the tent closed, leaving you in almost pitch black darkness save for the single candle with its flickering light. Your senses were more trained on the man behind you so you didn’t realize there was anyone else in the tent with you… Well, you noticed when you ran into a solid wall of muscle. 

    The person you had hit turned around and glared at you before turning around and walking away and out of the tent. Well he seemed sour. Maybe it was because you weren’t looking where you were going, but he had gone before you could apologize. His face had been visible for just long enough to memorize it. You could probably find him later and apologize. The sound of the tan man clearing his throat pulled you out of yours thoughts.

    “Stand in the light.”

    You did as he requested and he took a good look at you, circling around you. It made you feel somewhat self conscious as he assessed you. His gaze made you feel like a piece of meat and you continued to s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter