Chapter 2

This Is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

.

The day was Sunday, it was still early in the morning. Mr. Kim walked down the stairs, carrying the suitcases in both of his hands.

Mrs. Kim went to Jaejoong’s room and knocked. "Jaejoong, come down for breakfast. Appa and umma will be leaving for the airport soon." His umma's soft voice was heard.

"Okay umma. I'm coming down shortly." Jaejoong's sleepy voice replied from inside his room.

At the breakfast table, Mrs. Kim was busy giving last instructions to his son, “Jaejoong, don’t stay out late, stay out of trouble. Make sure to complete your homework on time. And remember, don't let any strangers in. You are a responsible child, I have trust in you, remember umma words...” Mrs. Kim babbled on and on while Mr. Kim just smiled apologetically at Jaejoong.

"Umma already stocked up the fridge, ordered-in numbers..... emergency numbers....."

After a couple of minutes, Mrs.Kim's lecture still hadn't stopped, Mr.Kim decided to step up and stop the boring 'how to behave at home alone' session. “Honey, don’t worry. He can take care of himself. We’re only going for two nights.” He said and glanced at Jaejoong and back to his wife. "Let's have breakfast now."

“Yes, umma, don't worry about me, enjoy yourself.” Jaejoong added with an assurance smile on his face. 

"I don’t understand why they planned for this high school reunion to be at Jeju. Why can’t we just have it here? That way, Jaejoong won't have to be at home alone for three days..." Mrs. Kim let out a sigh and was about to continue being over protective when the doorbell rang.

“I’ll go get it, it must be the Jungs.” Mr. Kim quickly stood up and walked to the front door. “Honey, they are here.” Mr. Kim shouted.

“All right, we're coming." Mrs. Kim yelled back before turning to his only son, "Jaejoong, umma is going now.” Mrs. Kim stood up and headed for the front door where the others waited. Jaejoong followed behind her. When they reached the door, Mrs. Jung was talking to his son, Yunho, while Mr. Kim and Mr. Jung were putting the suitcases in the car trunk.

Yunho greeted Jaejoong with a nod and Jaejoong smiled back, but before they could say anything to each other, Mrs. Jung began, "Yunho, Jaejoong, please take care of each other when we’re not around." She turned to Yunho, “Yunho, you're older than Jaejoong, you must look after him.” Yunho nodded with a grin on his face.

Jaejoong made a face. "Older by one week." Muttered Jaejoong.

"Umma, you're only going for three days. Don't worry, I'm not going to bully Jaejoong." Yunho said and sent Jaejoong winked when his mother wasn't looking.

“I know you're not going to do that." Mrs. Jung replied. "Both of you, please behave. And don't stay up too late at night.” Mrs Kim added, looking at the two who stood side by side.

“Yes umma." Jaejoong and Yunho responded in unison.

“Good. Now, where did I put them?" Mrs Jung mumbled under her breath as she dug into her oversized purse. "Found it. Jaejoong, here's the spare key to our house. Just take anything you need from the kitchen. And also, you'll need to check on Yunho in the morning. He sometime sleeps like the dead." Mrs. Jung said.

Jaejoong took the keys from Mrs Jung. “Yes, I know.” He replied, sticking his tongue at Yunho.

"If the ummas are ready, we should really get going now." Mr. Kim said and looking at his watch. 

"The two of you be good! Bye!" The Kims and the Jungs shouted from inside the car as Mr. Kim drove down the quiet morning street.

"The umms freaked out too much." Jaejoong said.

'Yup." Agreed Yunho.

"I always wanted to go to Jeju." Jaejoong said as he gazed far ahead down the road where the car gradually got smaller and smaller.

"We'll go there some day." Yunho replied without looking at Jaejoong.

After the car was no longer in sight, Yunho turned to Jaejoong. "Hey Jae, do you have any plan today?"

“Well, I’m going to the mall with Junsu, and I promised him to go to his house after that for our dance practice. I might be home only by evening," Jaejoong said and smiled at Yunho.

"Appa left his car key to me." Yunho fished out the keys from his pants pocket and showed the key to Jaejoong. "I'm going to call Changmin."

"Hey Yunho, since you got a car, can you drive me to the mall?”

“All right. Today's dinner i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter