Secrets

i check in (to a support group)

It was Tuesday afternoon, nearing 4 pm and Seungkwan was in the middle of his shift at Woozi's Pizza Palace.  The shift had been fairly easy, with not many orders or deliveries for he and Junhui to handle.  He dusted his hands off on his apron, pulling out his phone from his pocket to check the time.  Exactly 4 pm.  As he was putting his phone back in his pocket, the little bell above the door jingled, signaling a customer coming in.  Seungkwan looked up and put on his professional smile to greet the customer. 

 

"Hello, welcome to Woozi's Pizza Palace- what the , Wonwoo?" Seungkwan stopped his normal greeting when his best friend sauntered up to the counter with a determined look on his face.

 

"You know what time it is," Wonwoo said vaguely in a blank, mono toned voice.

 

"It's time for me to work, I know that.  I'm already here," the other male looked confused, scratching his head.

 

"No, it's time for the support group, in ten minutes," Wonwoo nodded, reaching across the counter to grab Seungkwan's handing, attempting to pull him over it.

 

Seungkwan gasped and shook his head.  "No, why do we have to go back?"

 

Wonwoo looked at him with as threatening of a face as he could manage.  "You got me into this, and we're going to finish it." Wonwoo dropped his best friend's hand and came behind the counter, grabbing his hand again and yanking him out of the pizza place, despite Jihoon screaming that his shift was only half over.  Seungkwan called out apologies as Jihoon angrily threw a dishtowel down while Junhui just shrugged.  Nothing surprised him anymore.

 

-

 

Seungkwan and Wonwoo made it into the meeting with one minute to spare.  They looked around for seats together, finding two empty seats side by side.  The only downside was that the seats were right next to Hansol.  Seungkwan groaned, trying to move so that Wonwoo was the one to sit next to him, but this best friend betrayed him and shoved him right next to Hansol. Seungkwan was about open his mouth to complain, loudly, but Joshua clapped his hands at the front of the room to start the meeting.

 

"Welcome back to Shua's Support Group! I'm glad to see some familiar faces, as well as some new ones! Today, I have an exercise planned for everyone so that we can get to know each other and begin to support each other through our issues.  Now, turn your chair to face the person next to you head on and-," Joshua began, but he was cut off mid-sentence.

 

"Ay, it's Smack Scoops!"  Hansol hollered, laughing his off as everyone else fell silent.

 

All attention was turned to the front door of the room, where a very frazzled looking young man stood, his skin flushing a brilliant shade of red. "My name isn't even Scoops, it's Seungcheol," he snarled at Hansol, taking a second to unruffle his feathers before ruffling them right back when he realized all eyes were on him. "Um...am I too late for the meeting?"

 

Joshua paused before turning on the smile and ushering the young man into the room to take the vacant seat next to Wonwoo.  "Of course not! I was just in the process of explaining today's exercise.  I want everyone to face the person next to them and discuss they reason why you're here, and then offer supportive words of encouragement for them!"

 

The attendees of the meeting ambled up, shuffling their chairs around as Seungcheol whipped his head around to glare at Hansol, hissing through his teeth. "I thought you said you weren't going to tell anyone."

 

Hansol shrugged and sat down, his face sincere but his words, not so much.  "My bad."

 

Seungcheol just rolled his eyes and sat across from Wonwoo, who gave him a questioning glance before Joshua clapped and signaled to two people in the middle of the room.

 

"Everyone, this is Seokmin and Soonyoung.  They both volunteered to demonstrate this supportive exercise! Now, tell each other why you are here," Joshua stepped out of the way for them to speak.

 

"I'm Soonyoung, and I'm...afraid of ," Soonyoung said, looking straightforward.  Seokmin kind of looked at him before speaking up.

 

"I'm Seokmin, and I'm a bit eager," he grinned sheepishly.

 

"How eager?" Soonyoung asked with wide eyes, and before he knew what was happening, Joshua slipped a long, blonde, curly wig on Soonyoung's head. "What the?"

 

Seokmin's eyes laser focused on Soonyoung in the wig, his fake locks blowing gently in the breeze that Joshua was creating with his clipboard.  With the wig, he was almost pretty, like a girl.  Seokmin made quick work of his hands, ping his pants and pulling out his .  Soonyoung screamed.

 

"Now, look at each other and support each other through you individual issues," Joshua instructed, holding his clipboard back in his arms and scribbling something onto it.

 

"I support you, now please put that away," Soonyoung said, his eyes closed tightly as he ripped the wig off and tossed it to the floor.  Seokmin seemed to sober up then, quickly putting his back in his pants and zipping up.

 

"I'm sorry, I get a little eager with girls.  I like to put it all out in the open first thing," he said sheepishly, not meeting Soonyoung's eyes.  "I support you,too."

 

"Very good!" Joshua piped up, preventing the whole group from witnessing anything else inappropriate.  "Now, everyone face your partner and speak supportively to them.  Try to recreate the demonstration, without the exposure.  Please."

 

Seungkwan sighed as he tried to push the image of Seokmin's out of his mind, but all he saw when he looked up was an even bigger , in the form of Hansol.  He looked at him, upper lip snarled up in a growl.  Hansol just offered him a lazy smile in response. 

 

"I support you," he nodded, his voice as sincere as possible.  Seungkwan just growled again.

 

"If you pull your out, too, I'm going to step on it," he said, and Hansol could tell by the look in his eyes that he meant it.

 

Hansol leaned back in his seat, legs spread too wide, a smile still playing on his lips.  "Don't worry, Sweet Cheeks.  I might be a addict but I'm not that eager.  I like to wait until my partner is ready," he spoke, his gaze heavy as it lingered on Seungkwan.

 

"Oh yeah, addict.  I support you," Seungkwan nodded, hoping that they would be done after that.

 

Hansol just shook his head and chuckled softly.  "Thanks for the support.  What about you? Why are you here?"

 

Seungkwan snapped his head up, looking at Hansol with wide eyes.  He forgot that this was a support group for everyone, since he had been so worried about Wonwoo and had forgotten to worry about himself.

 

"I'm just here to be Wonwoo's support," he nodded firmly, placing both his hands in his lap.

 

Hansol looked over Seungkwan's shoulder at Wonwoo, who was laughing and cutting up with Seungcheol, supportively.  "He looks alright to me.  He's got Seungcheol's support now, too."

 

Seungkwan turned his head and looked at Wonwoo, laughing with Seungcheol.  He felt pride swell in his heart at watching his son spread his wings. 

 

Hansol leaned forward, placing his hands on top of Seungkwan's, bringing him out of his reverie.  He flinched a little at the sudden touch, turning his attention to Hansol with a slightly y attitude.  "What do you think you're doing?"

 

"I can tell you're hiding something, you know.  It's a support group.  Whatever it is you're struggling with, this is the place to vent it out," he spoke, his words genuine and actually sincere.  Seungkwan felt somewhat moved.  Somewhat. 

 

"Well," Seungkwan began, but he paused, a bead of sweat dripping from his forehead as he pondered whether or not he should spill the beans to a complete stranger.  He looked trustworthy enough, but then again, he did have a mischievous glint in his eyes.  Seungkwan said, leaning forward a bit as he dropped his head before speaking in a very low voice, almost too quiet and too fast to be understood.  "I'm a and I'm hella gay but no guy wants to sleep with me so I'm insecure and yeah."

 

He let out a huge sigh after he had gotten that off his chest.  He looked up at Hansol, who was just looking at him with a smile, and he seemed actually happy.  Seungkwan raised his eyebrows in question, and Hansol just squeezed the other male's hands.  Seungkwan was about to open his mouth to ask what Hansol was so happy about, but Joshua chose that moment to clap his hands in waning enthusiasm.

 

"Okay, everyone, thank you so much for coming and participating in the exercise.  I think we all made great progress, and I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone again next week."

 

As soon as Joshua dismissed the meeting, Seungkwan tore out of the room, taking some cross shaped candy to avoid Hansol as long as he could.  He tore out of there so fast that he didn't even notice that Wonwoo wasn't behind him.  All he cared was booking it back to Woozi's Pizza Palace.  Maybe if he hurried back, he could possibly salvage his job.  Or beg until Jihoon took him back, whichever worked.