A Daydream Away

i check in (to a support group)

a/n : first part is in hansol's pov. // indicates the switch to wonwoo's pov.

 

--

 

Hansol pulled up to Minghao's house, fully prepared to party. He, however, was not prepared for Minghao's place to be a full fledged mansion with a damn parking lot. Oh well. At least it'd be a good chance to show off his one handed parking to his newly titled boyfriend. And the tag along found in the backseat. The tag along being Seungkwan's roommate, Jungkook, who came along completely uninvited. 

 

Seungkwan was looking pissy in the passenger seat as Hansol parked the car. "Why does Minghao even bother living on campus if he has a house like this?" he mumbled his question and Hansol didn't even bother to answer since he didn't know himself. That guy was a mystery.

 

The trio made their way up to the front door, where Hansol proceeded to ring the doorbell about seven times before someone finally answered. Wonwoo stood there, looking completely unamused and completely not welcoming despite being the one to answer the door. Jungkook was the first to slip right past all of them and beeline his way towards the kitchen, where most of the party was taking place. The other two trudged in afterwards. 

 

"You guys are late," Wonwoo said and lead them over to the living room, where Seungcheol, Mingyu, and Jun were hanging out at - which was away from the commotion in the kitchen. Hansol just shrugged and gestured at Seungkwan as if that was enough of an answer. It was because Wonwoo nodded, knowing that his best friend probably put too much attention into looking good for his first college party. 

 

Wonwoo returned to his spot on the couch as Hansol decided there wasn't enough space on the couch for himself and took it upon himself to sit on the table infront of the couch instead. Seungkwan, however, decided to head into the kitchen while no one was looking. There was a loud holler as the Taco Bell Sauce squad seemed to be reunited there. 

 

No one seemed to care about his absence as the group of four began talking. Not much time had passed before Minghao's voice could be heard coming from the kitchen. "Can someone please come pick up this guy??" Hansol shot up from his spot on the table because 'this guy' might be 'his guy'.

 

As Hansol walked into the kitchen, he noticed that it was not Seungkwan that was in need of picking up. Instead, he saw that everyone was gathered around, very drunk, and looking concerned as Jungkook had his face completely submerged in the punch bowl. "What the hell-" Hansol said as he came over to lift Jungkook's head out of the punch bowl. "What are you doing?" 

 

"I'm having my first date," Jungkook replied, eyes still completely focused on the punch below him. Hansol didn't know what that meant and he didn't really want to know right now, so he replied with an 'understandable' and dropped the other's head back in the punch bowl. Suddenly, he jumped as someone whispered in his ear. 

 

"The punch bowl is Jungkook's girlfriend," said the whispering voice following by an obviously drunk giggle. Hansol turned around to be faced with Seungkwan standing right behind him. "Oh no," is all that Hansol said. It had literally only been about three minutes since they arrived and Seungkwan was looking one sip away from being faced. 

 

Minghao was standing by the fridge, looking sketchy enough for Hansol to decide to question him. "What the hell did you put in that punch man?" Minghao answered by doing some weird finger kiss like French chefs do and said blatantly, "I spiked it. No biggie." 

 

To be honest, spiked punch was on the top of the 'Hansol's favorite alcohol' list, but since he was the designated driver, he could have none of that. He was about to say something else but Minghao quickly clapped his hands together to grab everyone's attention. 

 

"Hey dudes, it's time for some party games. Gather up in the living room!!" 

 

//

 

It took a few minutes for everyone to get sitauted in the living room, aside from Seungkwan who had somehow gotten lost in the kitchen at some point. Even Jungkook was participating in sitting in a large circle with the rest of them, fully equipped with his punch bowl girlfriend neatly placed in his lap. 

 

"Alright. Y'all know how to play spin the bottle right, truth or dare edition?" Minghao said as he took his place right next to Jun. Everyone nodded but Wonwoo raised his hand. There was no reason for that, but Minghao still pointed and called on him. "Yes, Jeon Wonwoo?" 

 

"That's not a bottle though," Wonwoo said while pointing at the empty milk carton that was placed in the middle of the human circle. Minghao quickly waved him off and motioned for him to start the game. Wonwoo sighed and gave the carton a quick spin. It landed on Jungkook. Wonwoo noticed that the guy was lovingly the outline of the punch bowl and decided that he wasn't gonna mess with that, so he spun it again. 

 

This time it landed on Hansol. "Truth or dare, Hansol?" Wonwoo asked. The other was about to answer but a loud and heavily wasted voice came from the direction of the kitchen. 

 

"Choi Hansol!"

 

All heads were turned in the direction of the voice as Seungkwan came sauntering out into the living room, the missing ladle from the punch bowl equipped in his hand. Wonwoo watched with mild concern as Seungkwan used the ladle to point at Hansol. "Hey there big boy," Seungkwan had said as he came over and sat on Hansol's lap, his head with the ladle instead of his hand. 

 

Hansol was looking sweaty and gave Wonwoo a 'please god help me' looking. Too bad. Wonwoo just pointed at Seungkwan instead. "He's talking to you big boy."

 

A few people laughed at Wonwoo's mocking remark but Hansol was still sweaty. Seungkwan did not even wait for a response out of the other before he was back up on his feet and pulling Hansol by the hand off in the direction of somewhere else besides there. Seungcheol was next to Wonwoo, hooting and a hollering because it was pretty obvious what this situation was hinting at. But then again you never know when it comes to Hansol.

 

Once the couple disappeared from sight, Minghao decided it was time to get the show back on the road and continued on with the game.

 

The spin the bottle game went on for a few rounds after that. Right now, it was Yuna's turn to be asked. As she was one of the people who was partying in the kitchen, she was obviously drunk as she took the position of a sidewalk gangster, tipping her head sharply to look intimidating. "Dare." 

 

Minghao was the one asking the question. "I dare you to have a full on makeout session with Seokmin." Soonyoung made a noise of disgust at the dare while Seungcheol was back to hooting and a hollering. 

 

"Easy," she scoffed and whipped her head around to look at Seokmin before making some bold 'come on' hand gesture at him. "Let's get it big boy". She had used the same tone as Seungkwan, which made it hard for anyone to take the situation seriously. Except for one guy. 

 

Wonwoo noticed out of the corner of his eye that Mingyu didn't look too comfortable with the situation that was going on, aka the Yuseok couple making out in front of everyone. His suspicions were confirmed as Mingyu suddenly stood up and made his way away from the group and into the kitchen. He was about to get up to follow him, but he was stopped by a hand on his shoulder. Seungcheol, who was sitting next to him, gave him a look before shaking his head. "He's just going to get a drink," Seungcheol said reassuringly. 

 

At that, Wonwoo nodded and decided to think about it later. 

 

-

 

Another thirty minutes of and borderline not okay for the public  going down during the game, Wonwoo noticed that Mingyu had still not returned. He stood up and turned to Seungcheol. "I'm gonna go check on Mingyu," he said before walking off. Seungcheol just watched him leave with a sigh. 

 

As Wonwoo made his way into the kitchen, he noticed that the guy he was searching for was no where to be found. Weird. He took out his phone and sent a text to Mingyu asking where he was. The reply came immediately, telling Wonwoo that he was hiding out in a bedroom upstairs. 

 

Wonwoo made his way to the bedroom that Mingyu was supposedly hiding in, cracking the door to peeking inside just to make sure he didn't catch the Hansol and Seungkwan couple's room by accident. To his luck, kind of, he spotted Mingyu sitting on the floor with a couple of empty beer bottles around him and one currently in his hand. 

 

He took in the appearance of his long time friend and frowned, stepping into the room and shutting the door behind him. "What's wrong?" he asked and moved to sit down in front of Mingyu. 

 

"Eunbi and I broke up," Mingyu replied flatly. Wonwoo just paused. He pretty much knew because of the encounter with Eunbi the other day, but he hadn't heard Mingyu say anything about it yet. He just patted the other's back instead in hopes of him continuining with no input needed. Wonwoo wasn't excatly a good heart to heart guy anyways. 

 

It was enough for Mingyu, so he continued on. "We broke up because..." Mingyu trailed off and was looking at a bottle on the floor instead. Wonwoo could literally hear some sad BGM playing in his head as he waited for Mingyu to finish his sentence. 

 

"...I like someone else."

 

Oh . Was not expecting that. 

 

Wonwoo gulped visibly. This isn't what he wanted to hear. 

 

If it wasn't already obvious enough, Wonwoo liked Mingyu. Actually, it wasn't that obvious since he had been hiding it. The only people that knew were Seungkwan and Seungcheol. Seungkwan because they had been friends for almost as long as he had been friends with Mingyu, and Seungcheol because he picked up on it himself. 

 

He already had to deal with enough seeing Mingyu be with Eunbi for the past year or so. So hearing that he likes someone else wasn't in his best interest. 

 

His thoughts were cut off as Mingyu started speaking again. "Actually, no. I liked someone else. And I still do. I felt guilty because I was basically using her so I told her," Mingyu sighed. "And that's why we broke up."

 

"Oh..." Wonwoo said just to show that he's listening. He continued to pat the other's back for lack of not knowing what else to do. Mingyu simply took another drink of the beer in his hand and went on again.

 

"The person I like..." Another sigh from Mingyu. "They've been by my side for some time now. But I couldn't tell them." 

 

Wonwoo really didn't know what to do in this situation. He couldn't imagine who the person who Mingyu liked could be. Even though Mingyu was a basketball star, there wasn't many people he was close to aside from him, Seungkwan, Yuna and Eunbi. Well, Eunbi isn't an option now. The thought process made Wonwoo get a little nervous and pushed him to question. "Why couldn't you tell them?"

 

Mingyu pursed his lips, staring down at his lap as he spoke. "Because it's wrong of me to like them." 

 

Both of Wonwoo's eyes widened at this. Why would it be wrong? Is it because he likes a guy? That could only mean.. 

 

At this point, Wonwoo was just staring blankly at Mingyu while thinking of what to do. As if he wasn't already too warped up in his own thoughts, Mingyu turned to meet Wonwoo's gaze and showed a smile. "Thank you for being by my side all this time." 

 

That was basically the last piece of the puzzle that Wonwoo's hopeful mind needed to swept up in the moment.

 

And then it happened.

 

Wonwoo leaned in and kissed Mingyu. 

 

And then it happened.

 

Mingyu quickly pushing Wonwoo away and standing up, looking down at Wonwoo as the latter sat there looking confused. Mingyu's face read anger but it also had a hint of betrayal as well. "What the hell man?" Wonwoo could instantly tell that he just made a huge mistake. 

 

"I-" Wonwoo gulped and began to stutter, not knowing how to explain himself.  "I thought the person you liked was me." 

 

The anger on Mingyu's features had been replaced to show no emotion at all. Wonwoo could tell that he was going to act this way just to make Wonwoo feel a little less ty about his own stupid mistake. "Do you like me?" he had asked Wonwoo. 

 

Wonwoo didn't comment verbally. He responded with a slight nod of his head. It was already too late to go back now. 

 

"The person I like is Yuna." Mingyu's words were clear and firm despite the amount of alcohol he had consumed. "Not you." Wonwoo watched as Mingyu headed towards the door, looking back to say one last thing before leaving.

 

"Let's not be friends anymore." And he was gone.
 

Now Wonwoo was alone in the room. But before he had the chance to think about what had all just happened, the door opened again. He looked up to see Seungcheol standing at the doorway. He made his way over to Wonwoo and sat down next to him, letting out a sigh. "I heard everything." 

 

Wonwoo didn't respond. He just hung his head in shame. Seungcheol was the one patting his pat back now. "It's okay, Wonwoo." 

 

"Do you think he hates me?" he finally asked the older. He had just single handedly ruined his relationship with the friend he's known the longest, but he couldn't even bring himself to cry about it. Despite all that just happened, he still just couldn't.

 

Seungcheol's response came after a moment of silence. "You know the answer to that."

 

And he did. Wonwoo's known Mingyu long enough to know what he was thinking despite trying to hide his emotions in the heat of the moment. If Mingyu thought that this is what's best for them then he would just have to manage. 

 

Because it really is for the best. 

 

--

 

a/n: surprise