OMGT

i check in (to a support group)

After much preparation, despite some giving more effort on said preparation than others, the day of the festival fianlly arrived.  Students were setting up stalls, getting ready for their performances, and all in all just enjoying what the festival had to offer. Meanwhile, Seungkwan and his performance group were backstage trying to get dressed and come up with a name for their group last-minute.

 

"We should be something cute, but not too cute," Seungkwan said, stepping out from behind a dressing curtain in a sparkly gold outfit. "We need a manly name."

 

"You say that, but you're the only man in this group," Ahyoung, a girl in the group, rolled her eyes.

 

"Cut him some slack. He's got the best of all four of us," Minah piped up, and everyone nodded because it was true. 

 

"Maybe we could be the Golden Girls since we're all wearing gold!" Hyerin said, way too excited for a three o'clock in the afternoon performance.  

 

"But Seungkwan isn't a girl.  What about the Golden Showers, since you're all going to shower the audience with your golden talent?" Seokmin, who was there for moral support suggested.  Everyone turned and gave him a look.

 

"Uh, Seokmin, that's a ual move that involves peeing on people," Seungkwan looked very uncomfortable while Yuna walked past and bounced her eyebrows up and down suggestively.

 

While they argued amongst themseves over the gold theme, Hansol,  was also there for moral support and was sitting in the only seat.  He leaned back and stared out straight in front of him before glancing at Seungkwan's backside which was currently facing him and wiggling around angrily.  "What about Golden ." He said this moreso than asked it, much louder than necesary.

 

There was a long pause amongst the group as they took in the suggestion as if they were actually considering it.  "Uh, that isn't really a G-rated name, as much as I would like to use it," Ahyoung said almost sadly.

 

"Maybe we could just be Gold? Or a golden animal? Golden Bunnies?" Hyeri sounded almost ready to give up.  Hansol's eye twitched at the thought of Seungkwan and bunny. 

 

"Golden Bunnies? Okay, I'll write that down," Seungkwan said and wrote it down on the performance slip and went to take it to the announcer's booth before anyone could stop him.

 

After watching him leave, an awkward silence settled over the group before Seokjin whistled as a conversation starter.  "Um, so, what is with the emphasis on gold? And the outfits? Why is Seungkwan in shorts that short?"

 

"Hey, don't question the shorts," Hansol said, and closed his eyes.

 

"... Right. Well, it's because we're covering "I'll Be Yours," by Girl's Day, so we wanted to get the outfits right!" Minah answered him.

 

"I love Girl's Day," Hyeri said all dreamily.

 

"I'm back!" Seungkwan hollered as he bounced back towards the group.  He explained what time they would be going onstage to perform, and where to enter and how long to wait before their name was called.  All there was left to do was play the waiting game.

 

-

 

When it was nearing time for Seungkwan's group to go onstage, his friends gathered in the audience so that they could sit and watch them.  They looked like a rag-tag group, all sitting together.  They were a jumbled heap of people Seungkwan had met all over the place, with even Junhui from the pizza place sitting with them and Joshua from the support group sitting a little farther away.  As a group was finishing up their performance and leaving the stage, Minghao walked onto the stage, screaming enthusiastically into a microphone.  Junhui squealed while everyone else stared at the stage in confusion.

 

"How does he always end up being the emcee?" Seokmin whispered to Hansol, who just shrugged. 

 

Minghao clapped his hands for the last group before he read the paper handed to him to himself.  He scowled before he flashed a smile to the audience.  "Now, welcome to the stage Seungkwan and the Girls!" 

 

 

Seungkwan hopped onto the stage with the most enthusiasm possible, while the girls angrily stomped behind him. 

 

"This is not the name we agreed on," Ahyoung hissed, and Seungkwan shrugged before striking his opening pose.  

 

"Yell at me after the show, right now we gotta do this," he smiled brightly as the music blasted over the arena and Seungkwan and the Girls got to work.  They were bright, vibrant, and talented.  The audience cheered louder for them than they had thus far, especially when the Golden dropped it low.  As he watched their performace in awe, Hansol swears he felt himself fall in love all over again.

 

-

 

After the performance was over and the bows were taken, Seungkwan rushed off stage to find his friends.  At the sight of him bouncing over towards them, Hansol excitedly waved him over.  "Oh my god, Sweet Cheeks, you were amazing out there! I was really impresse-"

 

"Seungkwannie! Good job, I'm so proud of you!" Seokmin grabbed Seungkwan and spun him around while Seungkwan stared at him in complete suprise, thanking him though he was confused.  

 

"Dude, what the ? I wanted to lift him," Hansol cleared his throat and glared at Seokmin, who sheepishly set Seungkwan down on the ground.

 

"I got caught up because I was so proud," Seokmin fluffed his own hair while Wonwoo proudly patted Seungkwan on the head without saying one word.

 

"You guys are acting like my parents," he huffed, triggering Junhui to take a picture of his pouty face to print off and put on the bulletin board at the pizza place.  Jihoon was going to love to see that one.  

 

They sat back in their seats and watched the rest of the performances.  Hansol had to admit that there was no as popping as Seungkwan's.  He sighed and combed his hair back with his fingers.  He was in too deep.  Way too deep.

 

-

 

The performance stages seemed to drag on for hours until Minghao announced that the judges would now be leaving to make their final decision on the winners.  Seungkwan and the Girls were standing backstage nervously waiting.  Hansol had tagged along once again for moral support and was standing behind Seungkwan with his head rested on top of the shorter male's. After a good twenty minutes, Minghao returned to the stage with a piece of paper in his hands.

 

"Thank you for your patience! Before I announce the winners, let's give all the acts a loud round of applause!" he shouted and gave time for the arena to errupt in applause before it died down.  "Alright, without further ado, let's get on with the results!"

 

All the acts backstage waited with bated breath as he announced the third place winners, and then the second.  Seungkwan was nervous, but he thought that Hansol must have been even more nervous by the way he was nearly squeezing his shoulders in half with his hands pressing down on them. 

 

"And your first place winners, Seungkwan and the Girls!" Minghao shouted, and the girls pulled Seungkwan out of Hansol's death grip and onto the stage with them.  They bowed and thanked the judges and audience as Minghao cleared his throat.  "You four were clearly the big winners with all that big talent and sparkly outfits.  Normally, this would be the part where I would hand you the first-place trophy, but I have already given it to the winner of my heart, Wen Junhui."

 

Choruses of "Who?" and "Can he do that?" went through the audience.  The gang turned their heads to look at Junhui, and sure enough, he was holding a huge, shiny trophy.

 

"How did you get that? You aren't even a student here," Soonyoung asked Junhui, all around confused.  Junhui just shrugged his shoulders and hugged his trophy.  He absolutely wasn't about to give it away now.

 

While Seungkwan was going through the process of taking pictures with the winners backstage, so Hansol and Minghao came back into the audience to join the others. 

 

"Do you all have plans after this?" Minghao came in hot.  "Of course you don't.  I'm throwing a house party, you're all invited," he said, throwing his arm around Junhui and his trophy while Wonwoo shook his head wildly, though his defiance was ignored.

 

"I kinda have something I want to say to Seungkwan after this, though," Hansol piped up, followed by a chorus of "oooooooooooooo" by Seokmin, Soonyoung, and Mingyu. 

 

Minghao just kind of blinked at him.  "Is that going to take all night? Just get your mushy confession over and bring him to my party.  Bring your sunglasses, it's a cool guy party," he spoke and crossed his arms over his chest to signal he was done with the conversation.  Hansol just sighed and wondered what the exactly he did with those sunglasses.

 

-

Seungkwan was sitting backstage in a chair that was away from everything else.  He tilted his head back and rested it against the curtain behind him.  He was exhausted, but really happy that he and the girls won after all the hard work they put into the performance and all the work that their freinds put into the stage set.  He closed his eyes to have a moment of silence to himself.

 

"Seungkwan!" Seokmin called out to him, rushing to him.

 

So much for that moment of silence.

 

"Yeah? What's up?" he asked the other male who was leaning over him. 

 

"My boy in the back wants to talk to you," Seokmin said, and pointed to Hansol who was fidgeting behind him.

 

Oh god.

 

Seungkwan sighed and beckoned Hansol to come to him with his hand, while shooing Seokmin away.  Seokmin decided to take a secret hiding spot behind a tall potted plant, though he was completely visible.

 

"Um, so, Minghao is throwing a house party after this.  Do you want to come with me?" Hansol held his right arm with his left hand, his left arm bent so that it was resting across his stomach.

 

"Sure, I'll go with you," Seungkwan blinked.  "But, a house party? Is Wonwoo okay with that?"

 

Hansol laughed awkwardly.  "No, I don't think so.  But Minghao does what he wants."

 

It was Seungkwan's turn to laugh awkwardly, nodding in agreement.  Silence fell between them and Seungkwan cleared his throat.  "Is that really all you wanted to tell me?"

 

Hansol shook his head.  Seokmin slapped himself behind the plant.

 

"Okay, so when we met, in the begining, I thought you were just a nice piece of ," Hansol began, and Seungkwan sputtered, flaberghasted.  "But then, as I got to know you, I realized you were a nice piece of with feelings, and then I fell for those feelings," Hansol was now crying, "and I just, I think I'm falling for you, I mean, I am falling for you, I have fallen for you, I mean... I'm a mess.  What I really wanted to ask you is if you would be my boyfriend, Boo Seungkwan?"

 

Seungkwan was taken aback.  Sure, he thought Hansol might have a teensy crush on him, but he never expected a full-blown crying confession.  Though he would be lying if he said his heart didn't feel the same damn way.  He took a deep breath and with all his might, stood up and leaned forward to press a kiss to Hansol's cheek.  He grinned brightly as he pulled away, looking at Hansol as he touched his own cheek. 

 

"Do I want to be your boyfriend? Abso-ing-lutely."

 

As they stared into each other's eyes, a loud " yeah!" from Seokmin could be heard in the not-so-far-off distance.