Shake It Off

i check in (to a support group)

"JUNHUI!"

 

Seungkwan came unceremoniously busting in through the front entrance of Woozi's Pizza Palace in hopes of finding the guy whose name he was calling.

 

Instead, he was met with a dozen pairs of eyes staring right in his direction. One set of those eyes belonging to Lee Jihoon, who had stopped talking mid-sentence with the customer in front of him to glare at Seungkwan. Obviously, he was very pissed.

 

"Seungkwan." Jihoon started, and Seungkwan swore he saw the shorter's eye twitch - despite smiling sweetly - as he said his name. "Not only are you 15 minutes late for you shift, but you're also causing a commotion in front of all the customers."

 

Oh, and Jihoon was his boss. 

 

Looking around cautiously, Seungkwan noted that everyone was indeed staring at him like he was some freak show at a circus. He apparently took longer than necessary to grasp the situation because Jihoon had cleared his throat, glare still evident as he waited for some kind of excuse that Seungkwan could not think up right now.

 

At that moment, he spotted Junhui peeking from the doorway that lead to the back kitchen, motioning for him to come back there while sparing him a look that read just shut your mouth and get your back here.

 

Seungkwan gave Junhui a small nod before looking at Jihoon with an innocent smile, waving his hand in apology as he hurriedly scurried past him. "Sorry about that, boss!" To which, Jihoon gave him an unamused look before returning to take the customer's order.

 

He was still sending apologetic smiles towards the customers that were still staring at him as he made his way to the back kitchen, and Junhui spared no time in grabbing Seungkwan's wrist to drag him over by the ovens (aka the spot where they'd be out of sight). 

 

Junhui was hastily handing off Seungkwan's work apron and name tag as he whispered, attempting to hide his amused grin. "So what is it that you need this time?" Rolling his eyes, Seungkwan started to put his apron on, tapping his foot impatiently as he struggled to do so.

 

This kind of situation - the one where Seungkwan causes some kind of dramatic scene that nearly gets him fired - isn't rare in his workplace. Though, he is the only one to ever cause them. He's surprised Jihoon hasn't bothered to fire him yet since all he does is a half job at making pizzas and gossip when he's not serving poor quality food.

 

Maybe it's because he has such excellent customer service. Junhui can handle the pizzas just fine anyways. 

 

"It's about Wonwoo," Seungkwan started, watching as Junhui gave a hum and nod of acknowledgement, deciding to handle the problem as he got back to work. Seungkwan just followed him with absolutely zero intentions of working. "He's been ignoring me ever since the whole 'outing' fiasco."

 

This kind of situation was common, too. Seungkwan would come in and treat Junhui not as coworker, but as his personal therapist. Seungkwan doesn't know if it's because Junhui is older than him or just because he's good looking, but the guy always knows what to say.

 

"I think you might need to update me on what the 'outing fiasco' is."

 

One dramatized story about the support group meeting and a few understanding noises later, Junhui was fully aware of what all had gone down in the past few days.

 

After the meeting, Wonwoo had taken it upon himself to thoroughly avoid Seungkwan at all costs. That had been two days ago. Wonwoo didn't even sit at their normal lunch table anymore, which was pretty shocking since he's sure Wonwoo has no other friends outside him and Mingyu.

 

Needless to say, Seungkwan was feeling completely drained by not having his best friend around.

 

"I think if anyone knows how to fix this problem, it'd be you," Junhui inputted absentmindedly, focused more on making some pepperoni pizzas than Seungkwan's pleading puppy dog eyes next to him. 

 

That wasn't the answer Seungkwan was looking for, though, so he continued on rambling out some excuses. "But- you know Wonwoo! He has that deep voice that somehow gets three times more deep whenever he's pissed! There's no way I can deal with that."

 

This time, Junhui was the one to role his eyes, holding up a hand to tell Seungkwan to wait a moment as he went to slide the pizzas in the oven, packaging up the ones that were done and taking them out to the waiting customers. It took about five minutes for him to finish the tasks, and Seungkwan was still standing off to the side, bouncing on his heels impatiently.  "Junhui! I'm in serious need of some help here."

 

Junhui made his way back over to Seungkwan and chose to lean against the wall for a moment. He put his hand on the back of his neck as he let out a sigh, which only made Seungkwan feel even more impatient since the older was taking too long to give him an answer. 

 

The taller started waving his hand around lazily, and he tried to come up with a solution. "All I know about Wonwoo is that he's a weeb that loves burgers. So In-N-Out and some Netflix anime should do the trick, right?" Junhui tilted his head, a bit unsure but still seemed convincing as he gave a thumbs up and a smile. 

 

Well, hell. A thumbs up and words of advice from the smartest guy Seungkwan knows is enough to convince him. 

 

"Thanks, Junhui! You're a genius!" Seungkwan clapped happily to himself before whipping out his phone to check and see what burger was the best to reconcile with from the In-N-Out menu. 

 

However, the research was short-lived as he heard Jihoon bark from somewhere up front. "Seungkwan. Get off the damn phone and get me a cheese pizza." 

 

Seungkwan looked up to see Jihoon standing at the doorway connecting the front and the kitchen with his trademark pissed off look and flashed Jihoon a meek smile before slipping his phone back in his pocket and silently scrambling to find a cheese pizza.

 

-

 

As a few flocks of students made their way down the corridors of the dorms, most of them tried to ignore the scene of Seungkwan attempting to pick the lock of one of the dorm room's door. 

 

More specifically, the door to Wonwoo's room. 

 

Seungkwan was fully prepared with a bobby pin and Wiki-How instructions on 'how to pick a lock'. He also had a bag of In-N-Out burgers sitting off to the side with a small piece of paper lying on top of the bag (courtesy of Seungkwan's roommate because god knows Seungkwan can't remember the password to anything).

 

So here he was, bent down in front of a door handle that shouldn't even be locked in the first place. It was only 7pm for Pete's sake, but Wonwoo had picked up the habit of keeping the door locked over the past two days since he didn't want to be bothered by anyone.

 

On the other hand, he could've called up Wonwoo's roommate, Minghao, and politely asked to use his room key so that he could legally enter the room. However, life hated Seungkwan, and - for some unknown reason - Minghao didn't like Seungkwan. He never has and Seungkwan never knew why. 

 

Seungkwan only knows that he's disliked by said roommate is because every time he has tried to strike up a conversation with Minghao, the red haired guy always purposely responded in Chinese. Even though Seungkwan knew damn well he spoke Korean. It was just the guy's way of pissing Seungkwan off. Moral of the story, it worked. 

 

Anyways, that crossed the logical option off the list and left the possibly illegal option. Which, so far, was a success. 

 

Got it! Seungkwan smirked to himself as he heard the lock click after a few more aimed twists of the bobby pin. Quickly tossing it away, he reached for the bag of apology burgers and opened the door, strutting inside like he hadn't just broken in. 

 

Wonwoo, however, was looking at him with a completely shocked expression as if he did just break in - which he did. 

 

His friend's expression didn't phase Seungkwan at all as he happily smiled, skipping over to where Wonwoo was sitting on the couch and placed the bag on the coffee table in front of them. "I brought food!" he chirped and looked at the older with expectant eyes. 

 

Still in shock, Wonwoo gaped as he stared at Seungkwan before looking down at the bag on the table, then back at Seungkwan. His expression seemed to soften as Seungkwan's smile didn't falter one bit as the seconds ticked by while waiting for some sort of response from the older. 

 

Wonwoo finally decided to let it all go with a sigh and cracked a smile - which made Seungkwan's smile only grow bigger - as he reached over to grab the bag, bringing it to sit in his lap. He peeked into the bag to observe the contents, pulling out a burger for himself before speaking. "Really? Burgers?"

 

The amusement in Wonwoo's voice was light. It caught Seungkwan off guard how easily Wonwoo seemed to be over it with just simple, reasonably price fast food. Guess Junhui was right.....

 

"Of course. I know what my son likes," Seungkwan spoke teasingly, reaching over to pat Wonwoo's head. He then grabbed the piece of paper that had fallen off of the bag earlier and held it up proudly. "Also, the password to my Netflix account. I heard season 2 for The Seven Deadly Sins came out recently, and I know you're dying to see it." 

 

At this, Wonwoo gasped, completely ignoring the son comment. His eyes were shining with a twinkle that read 'omg how did you know????', so Seungkwan smirked, feeling accomplished. 

 

Wonwoo beamed as he set the burger down to run off to fetch his laptop. He came back a split second later and began hooking it up to the TV, so that they could watch Netflix on it after successfully logging in. 

 

Returning to sit next to Seungkwan again, Wonwoo - with his burger unwrapped and mentioned anime currently loading - flashed Seungkwan a smile. "Consider yourself forgiven."

 

/ / /

 

a/n: minghao is my spirit animal.