Jihyo X You

TWICE X READER

I still remember, our first meeting. You were singing from the bottom of your heart. We were auditioning for a survival show for the new girl group. It was held a few years ago. The practice room which everyone saw big seemed small to me due to my anxiety and nervousness. The habit that I picked up from childhood, biting my nails when I'm anxious eased myself eventually.

Somehow, the moment you stopped singing, my nerves had calmed down. There were fears in your eyes. I'm pretty sure that was your fear of rejection and fear of failing. Even if you didn't believe that you won't pass the audition, it's okay, I did believe it. 

 

 

And you did. The announcement was rather nerve-racking. I remember, the grin and the tears of joy rolled down to your cheeks. You didn't cry when your name was announced, but I wonder why you did so when my name was revealed. It made me glad. Glad that we could be closer to our dreams. We ended our day in the trainees' dorm with you hugging me.

 

 

The time passed by quickly yet slowly. However, we tried to cherish those times together as they were precious. We enjoyed, we cried, we laughed and we sang through the years. We met new faces, new personalities. There were moments you felt like giving up. So, I gave you my supports that you needed. You used to ask me if I have ever feel like giving up halfway, I smiled and kept quiet.

Hey, wanna know a secret? I'm sorry. I have decided to give up because I'm not strong enough like you, I wished for someone like me to support myself, but I never had one. 

 

Ahh, there you are. Standing on the stage with the other eight. You, whom always needed support in our past time, now you become someone who gives support. I had always loved that part of you. Wait, honestly I loved every part of you and I still did.

You glance at everyone who sits on the front line, including me. You must be shocked to see me as your eyes widened. Sorrow, regret, joy and contented. I could see them in your eyes, they are mixed feelings in your eyes. But mostly, there's nostalgia in them.

I smile at you, genuine. Yes, I'm happy for you. For you not giving up and fought for your dreams. While me, contrasting to everything you did back then.

'You did well, I'm proud of you.'  I mouthed it specifically for you. 

The fans seem to notice that you almost cried. Your group members gather around you and hug together.

'Jihyo-ah, don't cry!!' The fans scream.

'Yes, don't cry. They are screaming for you, you are strong. I will be cheering for you from a far. Not as your friend or as your former training partner, but as someone you called a mere fan.

I believed that you whom I called a star, will keep on shining and attract all the stargazers in your world. I'm afraid that you will lose your shine when you get close to someone who's dull like me.'

 

____________________________________________________

(A/N) Somehow, it turned out to be an angst lol. Thank you for reading and for the votes too. This chapter including the next 2 chapters were voted on Wattpad!! (Ignore the grammar and spelling mistakes ;))