✵Thorns of Roses✵

Six Feet Under
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 4

I still think about you. I think a piece of me will always be left in you. You were my first love. Even though I wasn’t yours. I’ll try to move on and remember everything. I saw you at your worst and still thought you were the best. My weakness is that I care too much. So I knew I wouldn’t move on anytime soon.

 

 

Jittering in the corner of the classroom, Momo nervously looked at the test in front of her. She couldn’t pay attention in all of her classes for several weeks. How could she, if she’s being ignored by Mina once again. Grabbing her mechanical pencil, pressing too hard onto the crisp first page of many, her carbon-graphite lead had broke. Sighing softly, looking beside her seeing Mina concentrating on her own test. Looking back to her first question. Staggering noises from her chair from the obsessive shaking of her leg. Oh, how she wished this class would go faster.

 

Swinging her heavy black backpack onto her left shoulder, she left quickly. Hopefully to not glance at Mina or she’ll definitely get a heartache, a heartache that over the counter medication wouldn’t help. She didn’t understand why she was being ignored. Was it Hwayoung again that’s interfering with their friendship once again? Did she make Mina angry? All of these questions float in her head, but there’s no clear answer. This is a dangerous game she’s playing and she’s too deep to simply click the button that says endgame. It was too late to take back the feeling she had expressed secretly. Was this simply karma for all the times she had rejected admirers back in middle school?

 

It became a daily routine, shakingly fidgeting just to distract herself from Mina’s side profile. It looked as if fate isn’t on her side when in every class, Mina is sitting with her. The constantly hidden glances weren’t enough to fill up Momo. It was obvious that Mina was annoyed by the neglected Momo who kept trying to get her attention. So you couldn’t blame Momo for being too upset about this. Mina never answered back.

 

Every time, someone from their circle of friends would ask either of them if they’re alright. They both simply replied with the same ole cliche line, “I’m fine.” But they knew it was a lie from the look Momo gives

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter