✵The Shape Of You✵

Six Feet Under
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 What are we? I don’t understand our relationship. Sometimes we’re friends, sometimes we’re more than friends, and sometimes I’m just a stranger to you. One minute you’re talking to me like I’m someone special and the next minute you’re talking to me as if I mean nothing to you. All of these thoughts ran through Momo’s head. She doesn’t understand Mina after the countless events that had come through her way. Mina treats her differently than the others. But why? What did she do wrong? But it didn’t matter because; Mina likes one of their classmates, Taeyong.

 

Every time Mina was with Momo, she always brings up Taeyong. On how cute he is, how he always makes her smile, etc. It made Momo feel all levels of jealousy, but could she show that? No, she couldn’t, all she does is a nod and try to smile every time Mina looks at her with sparkles in her eyes at the mention of him. Oh, how she wishes that it were her that brought the brightness into Mina’s pupils.

 

There are obstacles concerning Mina’s crush on Taeyong. One of them is that Taeyong already dating his girlfriend, Sorn. Mina is always having mood swings around Momo if she sees Taeyong and Sorn together in the hallways. From shoving away Momo to lay her head on the table to telling Momo off saying she needs to leave her alone.

 

“Come on, Mina. Cheer up there are other people out there.” As soon Momo had said that she was shoved aggressively away from Mina. “Well, he’s hard to replace, Momo. Don’t even say anything, I bet you don't know anything about love. Just leave me alone, okay?” Momo was stunned but Mina turned back to the desk before seeing the pain that grew in Momo’s eyes.

 

Ah great, here we go back to being strangers

 

 

Momo walked out of the classroom, without turning back. There was no reason to turn back; after all, she’s not Taeyong.

 

Tap tap tap was the sound of Momo’s footsteps in the empty hallway. She was supposed to be in Pre- Calculus, but she needed to get the earlier encounter from Mina out of her head. Why should she care for her? She’s not doing the same. All she’s getting herself into is unrequited love and depression. But she couldn’t catch herself, every look, touch, and electrifying feelings will always keep her trapped. Maybe, achieving love makes you feel pain. But is it all right too?

Later on, during lunch. Momo sees Mina being all happy and giddy. Most likely because Taeyong talked to her or something. Sighing to herself, getting into the long line of hungry high school students. Discreetly pulling out her earphones from her jacket pocket and plugging them into her ears. Hopefully, music will remove my uneasiness. She stood in line not noticing how Jisoo was staring at her.

 

After receiving her tray of food, she sat at the regular table, which consists of Hani, Doyeon, Chungha, Krystal, Hyejeong, Seolhyun, Jeongyeon, Chaeyoung, Mina, Seulgi, Irene, Jisoo, and Jennie. As soon she sat at the table, everyone greeted her but Mina. I’m used to this by now, sadly. But it doesn’t mean I don’t always get hurt. “Hey Momo, don’t we got dance practice afterward?” Seulgi asked while spitting out her food in every direction when a word is spoken. “Ya! Kang Seulgi, don’t talk with your mouth full.” Irene scoffed while wiping Seulgi’s mouth with her napkin. “Okay, baechu! Oh hey look I’m eating cabbage stew right now. Get in it, Irene.” Doyeon choked on her orange juice and Chungha was laughing hys

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter