Chapter 7 [Finale]

Never (Young K x Seulgi songfic)

[A/N] 

hai gaise~~ i'm honestly so sad that this songfic would end today )))': but thank you so much for your utmost support for this fic, and thank you so much also for following this songfic from the start. 사랑해 ❤

===============

"I'll stand with you
I'll fall with you
And I would do it so much better
If I had you, we would never ever be apart
Know I would never, never
"

===============

 "I know."

 "Wait what? Do you now recognise me?"

 "Yeah. Ever since we met once again." She teared up.

 "So you mean, you even remember me after all?"

 

 She replied silently with a nod.

 

 "Why did you have to pretend that you didnt know me? Do you know how it hurts me so much?" He has full of questions in mind, but few of them was already on his mouth while his tears also started to fall down.

 "I had to, Younghyun. I had to protect myself from hurting again. I dont wanna get hurt due to the fact that you left me without knowing. I was foolishly waiting for you to be online in Skype or Facebook back then, but I realised that I was just waiting for nothing. You didnt show up as you promised. But you know what hurts me the most? I found out that your name's nowhere to be seen on both Skype and Facebook, and it's because you already blocked me."

 "That's why I'm here to formally apologise to you for all the things that I did like leaving you. I admit it but please believe me. I didnt block you, Seulgi, and I dont want to. It was my high school classmate who did that. She blackmailed me because she's obssessed with me. She was so jealous that I have more time talking to you than her. She even told me that if I didnt block you, she would terminate my scholarship. She's the daughter of the president of the high school that I studied during my stay there in Toronto. I was so afraid cos the scholarship meant so much to me, but I told her that I didnt want to, so she was the one to make that move. I know I was so coward for what I did, and I'm really sorry, Seulgi. I truly am. I just... I really had no choice during that time. I'm really sorry." As he was done explaining everything, he pulled her into his warm longing embrace.

 "I'm really sorry as well for pretending that I dont recognise you, Younghyun. I was also so afraid like you. And dont worry. I understand." She patted him while giving him an embrace as her reply, then he pulled away.

 "I promise I would make things better between us. I would always be beside you wherever you are. I dont know how could I ever live if you arent with me. I'll stand with you and I'll fall with you because I love you, Seulgi." He was holding her hand so tight while saying his words.

 "I love you too, Younghyun and always be."

 "Now that I already have you, I promise that we wont ever be apart."

 

 Silence broke them apart, but only for a few moments when Younghyun slowly and gradually tilted his head to reach her lips in which she accepted. The kiss was slow, yet steamy, making it one of the most passionate cos there's the feeling of longing for each other after the miscommunication.

 

 "But it's too late, Younghyun."

 

 Tables had the moment when Seulgi suddenly stopped the kiss, and pushed him away at the same time, which drive Younghyun mad with confusion and frustration.

 

 "Huh? What do you mean? You said it earlier that you even love me, then you suddenly pushed me away. I dont get this."

 "I will always love you, and you know that..." Seulgi's tears were flowing down.

 "Then why did you push me away?"

 "This isn't right."

 "If loving you is the case, I'll never be right." Younghyun started to sob so hard.

 "Its not like that, Younghyun."

 "Then what?"

 "I got back with Jimin last month."

 

Younghyun was in total disbelief over the fact that she got back with the one who hurt her the most to the point that he felt all his efforts in pursuing her once again would be put into waste, which was the thing that he couldnt accept. On the other hand, Seulgi kept on crying like she felt guilty for hurting him.

 

 "Break up with him! Please! Be with me instead. I'm begging you, Seulgi." He looked at her with his pleading eyes.


 "I'm really sorry, Younghyun. I'm sorry for pretending that I dont recognise you. I'm sorry for not telling you the truth. I'm sorry for breaking your heart, for hurting you," she felt weak on her knees while bawling out, "I wont ever stop saying that I love you. So, so much, Kang Younghyun. I even want to be with you wherever you are forever. I really want to hold you so tight that I won't even let you go, but I'm really sorry. The thing between us would never happen. We might be meant for each other, but there are circumstances that wont grant our wishes, especially when fate is heavily involved. This ing cruel fate."


 "Then try to change it. Change your fate. Change your choice. Let's runaway from here--"

 "IT'S NOT THAT ING EASY, YOUNGHYUN."

 "What's stopping you? That ing bastard?"

 "Kang Younghyun, it's not what you thi--"

 "THEN WHAT?"

 

He couldnt take the pain and anger anymore with those screaming words out of his mouth, which made her froze and silent.

 

 "ANSWER ME, KANG SEULGI!!" His loud cry pleaded her.

 "I'm already engaged to him last month, and the wedding's already set on the first month of next year. I'm so sorry, Younghyun." Seulgi bawled so hard while saying those words.

 "So, do I really have no chance for your heart?" His tears started to fall once again.

 "I'm really sorry, Younghyun. I love you and always will be. You're my first and only true love. Please remember tha--"

 "THEN WHY ARE YOU GOING TO MARRY WITH HI--

 "I have no choice. I would be beaten to death if I didn't get back to him."

 "WHO TOLD YOU THA--"

 "It's not important anymore, Younghyun. I have to go--" She was about to go back to the studio to find the exit when suddenly his arms blocked her way to hug her from behind.

 "NO!! Please give me a chance, Seulgi! Please be with me. I'm begging you..."

 "Please stop this, Younghyun cos it will never happen!"

 "Please Seulgi. I wanna make it up our lost ti--"

 "Younghyun, I'm also begging you. If you love me, you would set me free."

 

 Their surroundings were completely silent, and so were they. Younghyun gradually put his hands away from her as requested, then Seulgi turned herself around to face him.

 

 "Listen to me, Younghyun. I already forgave you for what you did, and I understand, but I just realised that it's honestly better if we dont meet each other again. The wounds inside are going back again and again as long as I'm with you. Once again, I'm really sorry for pretending that I dont remember you. Honestly, I felt so guilty about this. Please remember that youre always have a special place in my heart cos youre my one and only bestfriend, brother, and my only love. It's just... it's just that we're now at the wrong time. That some circumstances kept us apart from being together, and I think this would be the best time to heal ourselves."

 "Please Seulgi..."

 "Always remember to take care of yourself, and dont worry about me. I'd always be fine," she was cupping his cheeks, and wiping his tears away using her thumb, then she held his hand tightly, "I guess... I guess this might be our last time together, so thank you for everything. Our friendship, our memories, our bondings. I would always treasure it. Goodbye for good, Kang Younghyun. Goodbye..."

 

 As Seulgi gradually took her hands away from his, she walked out of that room to the studio with tears falling to find the exit, while on the other hand, Younghyun stood still while crying. After a moment, he fell on his weak knees while continued bawling. He couldnt accept the fact that his only bestfriend already left him for good. He wished he noticed her pretending-to-not-remember-him scheme earlier so that he could snatch her away from Jimin. He also wished he shouldnt let her go so that she could stay with him for just a moment. Now that she's already gone for good, his hopes had already shattered.

 

 Before Seulgi found the exit to get herself out of that studio, she looked back, hoping that her words wont be heard by everybody before she walked away.



 "I'm so sorry and I'll always love you, Kang Younghyun, but I have to let you go."

 

 On the other side of the door near the entrance of the studio in which Yerim locked, Jaehyung gave the crying Yerim a very warm hug as he was comforting her.

 

 "I'm so sorry, oppa, it's my entire fault. I made Sseul unnie and Young K oppa cry."

 "No, squirtle. We made the plan together, alright? However while it worked, there was an unexpected situation, and it's inevitable."

 "But still oppa, they cried because they dont love each other."

 "It's not like that, squirtle. There are some circumstances that... I dunno how I can explain this to you, but there are some best friends that didnt end up together, like they dont wanna put their friendship into risk."

 "Then why it seemed like they were saying goodbye to each other?"

 "I dunno. I have to talk to him about that right after we got home in our dorms."

 "I see..."

 "So dont cry, squirtle, or else I'm gonna upload your ugly cover of Dangerous Woman in Facebo--"

 "DONT YOU EVER DARE OPPA! PLEAAASE DONT DO THIS!!" She didnt even know whether to laugh or cry because of Jaehyung 'blackmailing' her. 

 "Alright alright. I wont. Just smile for me please."

 "Okay oppa." She showed him her squirtle smile.

 "I like it." He grinned.

 "Thanks oppa."

 "Shall we go back?"

 "Yeah."

 

As they were walking away from that spot, someone's ringing on Yerim's phone, and she felt a bit panicked, but when she got her phone and looked why was ringing, it's just a notification from Jaehyung in Facebook, and as she clicked the tags, she was in mixed expression when she saw that Jaehyung already tagged her in a post which he uploaded her Dangerous Woman cover with a meme picture of her as the album art.

 

 "OPPA!!! IM GONNA SMACK YOU DOWN!" Yerim was chasing Jaehyung as he started running.

 "SOMEBODY HEEEELPPP MEEE!!! THAT SNORLAX'S CHASING ME!!"

 "IF IM SNORLAX, YOURE WOBBUFFET!!! YOU'LL GONNA PAY FOR THIS, OPPA!!" She continued chasing him across the halls of the building to the ground floor.



Although Seulgi and Younghyun ended their friendship not like what it should be, they wished each other the best, the love and happiness for their lives and future endeavours. They might not have their own happy ending, they hoped that one day, they would cross their paths again without mentioning or reviving any scars of their past.