Chapter 6

Never (Young K x Seulgi songfic)

[A/N] 

hey gaise~~ it's been a month since my last update, and i apologise for taking long enough to update. i had to finish my school stuffs, but i would be finally graduating on mon huhuhu >< 

 

(ps: this chapter was the longest one i wrote cos of another song reference that suited for this chapter.

another ps: already one chapter left before the story ends)

hint: 

===============

"I know he almost left you in the dark, and I would never, never
I know that he was holding back his heart, and I would never, never
"

===============

3 months passed since the situation happened, and both parties were in a peaceful state of mind. During that given time, Younghyun was preparing for their busking session in Gwanghwamun Plaza with his bandmates that would be held in a week after, while Seulgi and her Red Velvet girls were also preparing some discussions for their comeback. Both groups were also busy with their practice sessions for their upcoming comeback stages during that time.

 

Then a week after, a teaser trailer for the next Inkigayo show was being broadcasted two days before the show, where both groups were included as they were having comeback stages. On the show day itself, the boys from DAY6 arrived in SBS building earlier as they were one of the acts to be performed as the show opened according to the lineup order (they were exactly on the 5th), with Red Velvet as the last act.

 

As the boys arrived in the said venue, Jaehyung made an excuse.

 

"Guys, I need to pee right now. I couldnt handle this anymore." He was 'whining'.


"Alright, hyung! Be right back cos we would arrange and unplug the instruments right away." Sungjin, the leader, told him.


"Yay, thank you Bob! I promise!"


"Yaaaaaaaaaah chicken!"

 

As Jaehyung moved himself away from the boys, he went to the back side of the men's comfort room and picked the phone to call someone.

 

"Hey squirtle, are you guys here?"


"Aigoo, we're still stuck in a traffic jam here in Itaewon. There's an accident happened." Yerim whispered so that the girls couldnt hear her talking since she's in the front seat.


"It's okay. We've just arrived here."


"Alright. I'll let you know if we're already there in SBS building."


"Okay. Gotta call you later. I have to arrange and unplug the instruments. Bye."

 

He went inside the building to do the unplugging as he hanged the call up.

 

Meanwhile, the girls were still on their van, stuck inside the traffic jam due to an accident, as Yerim stated.

 

"Irene unnie, what are we going to do now? We're still stucked here, and the call time's at 9am, but we have 10 minutes left, and manager-nim's waiting for us!" Sooyoung panicked.


"Alright. We have no other choice, but to walk from here to get there, so you girls better get out right now," Joohyun gave them instructions, then spoke to their driver after, "ahjussi, we have to get out of here. We'll just walk instead. Just meet us in the building when you got there. I'm really sorry."


"It's alright, Irene. You guys better go right now."


"Thank you so much, ahjussi!" She bowed her head as her thank you reply, and got out of their van.

 

After a few minutes of walking, although they had multiple sweats on their body due to the sunny weather and their continuous running, they arrived in building 5 minutes after the call time; however, they ran out of air as they got into their dressing room. As the four were still fixing themselves for their comeback performance, Yerim, who was already done with everything and already outside their room, picked up her phone and texted Jaehyung.

 

"To: Chicken Little Oppa

Oppa, we're already here in our dressing room.

Sent by: Yeriana Grande"

 

Few moments after she texted, she got a reply from him.

 

"To: Squirtletletletle

Alright. Just bring some Pringles here in the studio, and leave those in the table right after. Okay?

Sent by: Sweg Chicken"

 


"To: Chicken Little Oppa

Ok ok got it oppa. I'll handle this. We'll be there in a few minutes.

Sent by: Yeriana Grande"

 

At first, Yerim didnt understand the short riddle given by Jaehyung, but later got it. She went again inside their dressing room to find her Sseul unnie, who's now crying while looking on her phone, and Yerim went to her to ask why.

 

"Unnie-yah! Are you okay?!"


"Yeah, yeah. I'm okay," Seulgi quickly wiped her tears, "dun worry, Yerm. I just cried at a certain song."


"I feel you unnie," Yerim gave the older a warm hug as a comfort, "by the way, let's go to the comfort room. I think I'm gonna pee right now."


"I'll coming with you, Yerm! I think my hands are already sticky."

 

The two girls went outside of the room to go to the comfort room, but as minutes passed, Seulgi felt something weird about the direction cos she knows where the comfort room was, but the way kept on turning around. 

 

"Yerim! I think, is it just me or we're on the wrong direction?"


"There's another comfort room on this side, so we're taking the shortcut. Trust me unnie." Yerim winked.


"Ooooookkkkaaaaayyy..."

 

She still followed Yeri although she had a weird feeling about this, but Yerim kept on assuring her that this was the way. Few moments later, and they've reached the destination. Yerim let Seulgi be the first one to use the comfort room as she was being a bit impatient cos she wanted to wash her hands, but as she went inside, Yerim brought the lock with key and a rope from the back of her outfit, and chained the door knob for her not to escape.

 

"Unnie, I'm really sorry, but I had to do this. I'll be right back! Dun worry~"

 

Inside the 'bathroom,' Seulgi couldnt even find the sink cos it was dark, making her panicked, but it was worsen when she was about to go out of the room, but she couldnt cos she assumed the door has been locked outside.

 

"YERRRRIIIMMM-AAHH! WHAT THE IS THIS?"

 

She was hysterically panicked, and she didnt even know what to do to the point that she wanted to curse Yerim for what she did til moments later she saw a black curtain hanging on the other side of the room, which meant she had a chance to escape on this dark room, but as she passed on the black curtain, she heard loud noises coming from the outside. She quickly opened the door, she witnessed a certain performance that has already began, but she totally didnt expect what she saw.

 

"These words 'I'm sorry',
Why was that so hard to say it back then?
Now, no matter how much I yell
You can't hear me."

 

These lines sang by the man on stage that she doesnt want to see aka Younghyun. His band DAY6 opened their first performance with that emotional rock ballad song that made their fans feel the emotions with the boys. Meanwhile, as Seulgi saw the boys performing on stage, she decided to join the audience, but on the last standing row to observe something.

 

"Seeing you walk away
I should've caught you then

One more time, back to the day
Just one more day, back to the time
If only I could go back
If I could go back
Oh I know I
I would hold you
So you wont be apart from me for even a moment
I would give you my everything
I would have"

 

As Seulgi was silently listening to the lyrics of the 1st refrain and chorus sang by Wonpil, Sungjin and Jaehyung, she felt something that couldnt even explain why, but she didn't notice that her tears suddenly and silently fell down from her eyes flowing through her cheeks. She felt that the lyrics was like Younghyun's unspoken message to her; more like a fusion of an apology letter and a promisorry note for leaving her behind. She admitted to herself that she was overwhelmed by this situation, but she quickly wiped her tears away as she didnt see this coming, and stood firm to what she was doing.

 

"These words 'thank you',
Why was that so hard to say it back then?
Now, I can't even thank you anymore"

 

It was Younghyun's turn once again to sing that part, and once again, Seulgi was trying to control her emotions while hearing the message of his part.

 

"Words that I couldn't bear to say
I should've still told you"

 

This part made her feel unbearable enough to hear, leading to her silently walking out of the studio with tears falling once again. She couldn't even control her emotions because the lyrics were being shot right down to her heart, but she wiped her tears once again for anyone around her not to notice her bawling so much in tears, but as she was was going back to the dark room, her hand was being captured by someone, and as she looked back, her heart was beating so fast cos it was from Younghyun's hand. She took away her from his, but he was strong enough to let her go, and instead, he turned the lights of the dark room on, and turned her around to face her. He intertwined her fingers, while he placed his other hand on her waist, which she hesitantly accepted, and started dancing to the rhythm of the song like they were in a senior prom as the chorus was starting to play once again.

 

They might be in that room, but they were still hearing the song loudly playing. The slow dance felt so awkward as she hesitantly looked at him directly as he was looking at her. She doesnt even want to be on that situation in the first place, and wanted to get away from all the s happening, but it was all Younghyun's fault that made it worse, and this was his only way to apologise for leaving her in a trance, to make her recognise him once again, and also to express his feelings towards her.

 

"When you were leaving me
I should've not let you go"

 

From that part to the last chorus, they still continued dancing to the rhythm as they were feeling the regretting tone of the of every lyric. She was still hesitantly not looking at him, and he couldnt even bear of that feeling, so he made a move. As the outro was playing, he carried her in bridal style, and started to turn around like a ballerina to make her look at him, as well as to make her remember something.

 


As the song ended, he brought her down, and felt suddenly so awkward, so he initiated the conversation.

 

"I-I'm sorry. I was carried away."


"It's okay."


"Uhmmm...I admit I'm the culprit of this whole situation, but I...I just want you to recognise me and remember the things that we had together during those times. I missed you so much, Kang Seulgi."


"I know."