Countdown Halts (Interlude)

Countdown

"I think I'm starting to like you more than a friend, Jinyoung."

Jaebum finally had the courage to say that. It was, of course, a lie, since he had started to feel it long ago and it had even grew from a mere crush to love. He still grew anxious his stomach churned seeing Jinyoung reaction, even when he had already expected that, and he laughed it off instead of vomiting.

He had been in misery since he realized he fell in love with his own best friend. He had hoped to end it today, whether it would be acceptance or rejection. But he never expected that Jinyoung would give him a chance. A chance for a possibility of his love would be returned, and he had to make Jinyoung realized it within three days.Three days were short, he knew, but he didn't want to prolong his misery more than necessary, and if he didn't have any hope left he wanted to know it soon.

It was still a chance, however, so he chose to pushed forward, always be straightforward about his feelings since there was already no use of hiding it anymore. He did whatever he wanted to do without holding back. It didn't matter if he couldn't get any sleep for two days straight because of the anxiety he felt, and he seemed to miss Jinyoung even more than before, wanting to be with him as much as he could, when there was still a possibility of him being rejected, and he would need to erase his feelings. So he did.

He only managed to sleep when he was with Jinyoung, too comfortable and happy to be with him, and he felt like peacefulness seeped through him as Jinyoung's face graced his eyes, easing his anxiety and lulling him to sleep. And he felt like he had his hope soaring up high when Jinyoung seemed to be jealous of Jackson, and he even kissed him while he slept. Not to mention his cute reactions. It made his stomach filled with butterflies, and he started to believe that Jinyoung actually felt the same way as him. He slept with a wide smile that night.

Of course, there was still a possibility of Jinyoung's rejection. However, he would never expected Jinyoung to break his heart in such a cruel way at the promised day.