Moment #9

If Only It Wasn't You

 

-Donghae-

I opened the door to find Eunhyuk standing in front of me.

“Why are you here? It’s Christmas; don’t you and your family usually go somewhere? You over stayed your Christmas last year. Leave.”

Without listening to me, he walked right in.

“Yah! Did you hear me?”

“I’m not here for you.”

“What? Then what are you doing here? It’s Christmas.”

“Is Yoona here?”

“No.”

“Don’t lie, don’t try and hide my best friend.”

“She’s not your best friend, I am and I’m telling you to leave.”

“You wish she was your best friend.” He laughed and added, “And yes she is, I know she’s here.”

“Whatever, what do you want monkey boy?”

“Can I stay? Please?”

I stared at him in disbelief.

“What about your family?”

“I was out last night. I came home late only to find out that they all left without me.”

“How long?”

“Five days?”

“Make it two.”

“Fine, Miranda is coming today right?”

“Yes……”

“Wooott!!!!! Food baby.” He walked in with his duffle bag without a care. I wish I was like Eunhyuk a lot of the times. To be so carefree and don’t have to worry about much. I want to be able to live life without worrying too.

When will we finally be able to be together? When will we finally be able to leave all this behind us? The day when me and you can finally escape to a small peaceful town and complete our lives… it all seems so unreachable. It doesn’t even seem to exist. But only then will we be able to stop worrying, stop hiding, stop running away from our problems.

-Yoona-

The winter coldness makes the body so numb. But the feeling yearning inside never fades. It can never numb away.

Your sad face, your silent graze, I see them all. What do they all mean? I slowly sat down on the bed, thinking about the things that had happened so far.

I’ve hurt my sister so badly. How can I fix that? I want to let go but can’t. I laid down and closed my eyes. The loneliness started to creep in. It’s been a while since this feeling started overcoming me.

Your presence had made me so greedy that I’ve forgotten the feeling of solitude. I’ve forgotten the feeling that I have treasured most of these four years. Why do I feel that in the end, everything is just going to be regrets?

People live with regrets. God made this world unfair. God made this world of regrets. God made this world of sloth. No one cares but they still end up with regrets.

You’re world and mine, it’s so different. I think of you from far away but you try to creep closer. The closer you get, the weaker I’ve become.

I tried to remember the period of time when everything was normal. Thinking about it, I realized the feelings we have are far from normal. I know now; I’ve finally realized it now; something that I haven’t realized for all these years. Every time we pass each other, those aren’t coincidences; it was fate playing its role as the puppet master. Fate was pulling the strings and controlling us. Those stings were forcing us to notice each other, to love each other. Everything was set up. This whole time we were being pulled and pushed around without even knowing it. And every time that you had looked up at me; it wasn’t just a blur of the moment. It was because at that moment, you were able to feel my heart racing. You knew how aware I was of you.

You finally feel so close, but this can’t last forever, nothing can. It’s only a matter of times before this all goes back to how it used to be. This is almost like a physical mind game or a game of puzzles. His feelings and mine are like two pieces of the same puzzle that don’t go together but are always next to each other somehow.

In the end, do we all just give up when we feel like it is impossible to finish the game, the puzzle? The mind games don’t stop, they never end until someone is brave enough to break the rules and play it their own way. Even if you and I may find a solution, will we be really able to end this never ending mind game? Take back our strings and stop the puppet master from controlling us? Let these feelings take these their course, and finally we can be free?

Reality came back to me when the door bell rang. It’s Christmas. I thought about how things were slowly changing. Finally, I got up, smiled, and went downstairs. There was no time for regret now. I can only grasp what I have in front of me. Even if it is a short happiness, I have to hold on to it with everything I have. In the end, these memories will be all that I have left. I have to make the best of them.

-Donghae-

It’s New Year’s Eve, the time where we can start thinking about a new start. The time where we can finally start to forget about the bad things that happened in the previous year and think of how we can make the good times even better next year.

-Yoona-

How long have I been staying at Donghae’s? It’s been a couple months already huh? It’s already New Year’s Eve. Where did all that time go? All our memories together seem so limited now all of a sudden. But now is not the time to think about the things that hurt. Today, just today and tomorrow, can we put all the problems aside?

-Donghae-

Yoona seems really cheerful today. She is probably thinking the same thing I am. Let’s forget everything for now and pretend to have a good time.

It wasn’t an ideal thing to do on the night New Year’s Eve but we decided to watch a movie. We were all gathered around the living room when suddenly the door bell rang.

“SURPRISE!” Yelled a familiar voice. We all turned our heads in the direction of the door to find Miranda inviting in Seung Ri and Seung Mi.

“Seung Mi!!” Eunhyuk sounded too excited to see her.

“What are you guys doing here?” I was not thrilled, just Eunhyuk was already a handful.

“Here to join the fun of course,” replied Seung Ri.

“Yeah, all the parties we’ve been going to were too crazy,” added Seung Mi. “What are you guys up to anyways?”

“Join us Seung Mi, we’re about to watch a movie.” Eunhyuk was definitely overjoyed.

I watched as Seung Ri sat down on the other side of Yoona. “How are you doing Yoona?” Yoona smiled at him and responded in a positive way. I hated how easily it was for him to talk to her. I hated how it was something I couldn’t do.

“You guys do whatever you like. I don’t care anymore. While you’re at it, are there any other people coming over to my house? If there is, they better come now.” I said as I pressed the play button. I can hear Miranda chuckling as she walked back into the living room to join us. She can probably hear the irritation in my voice.

-Yoona-

I don’t even know why we decided on the movie we decided on. It turned out to be a pretty boring movie. Half way through, almost everyone was already asleep. Eunhyuk was sprawled out on the floor, Seung Mi slept quietly on one the couches next to Miranda, and Seung Ri was slumped over the arm rest next to me. They weren’t the only ones though, I was slowly drift to sleep as well and I can tell Donghae was too next to me.

-Donghae-

This has got to be the worst movie I have seen in my life. Eunhyuk always picks the stupidest things to watch. There were just no words to describe this. I was drifting to sleep when I felt something fall onto my shoulder. I looked over and Yoona had fallen asleep as well.

“Yoona…”

“….?” She didn’t open her eyes nor did she answer me, but I knew she heard me.

“You know….”

“I love you Donghae, good night.” She had mumbled before I could finish my sentence. I didn’t know how to react. I just wanted to embrace her, but I didn’t want to wake her up as she was falling asleep.

“Can I just….” I didn’t even bother finishing my sentence, I just took action. What was wrong with me today? I can’t even form sentences properly.

-Yoona-

I can’t remember what I actually said to Donghae before falling into a complete slumber, but there was a dream I remembered. In my dream Donghae kissed me and I embraced him.

-Donghae-

Her arms slowly fell from the embrace as sleep totally took over her. I looked at her one last time and she was smiling. She was smiling in her sleep. It made me chuckle. Today was a good day. I smiled and leaned down against Yoona’s head and feel asleep as well. Happy New Years Yoona.

 

YAYYYY FINALLLYYY !!! AND i finished earlier than expected. i was only going to add some more then i decided, nope my lovely readers deserve a new chapter. kekeke :3 Happy Late Holidays ehehehe :D and i apologize for the constant changing of POVs.