Moment #10

If Only It Wasn't You

-Donghae-

I was awoken by a flash and the sound of a camera shutter. I opened my eyes and there Miranda stood, with a camera in her hands, smiling at me. Everyone was still asleep luckily.

“Yah!” I whispered out loud and tried to reach for the camera.

“I’m going home now young master, I’ll be back later.” She turned and left. I could hear her chuckle suspiciously.

“Yah!” I called for her and ran after her. I forgot I was sleeping next to Yoona when I swiftly got up. There was a loud thud on the couch. Me and Miranda turn around and saw Yoona wake up. Everyone was starting to wake up as well. I looked over at Miranda and she mouthed the words “sorry” to me and ran away. Before she closed the door she turned and told me one last remark. “I have a picture of what you did last night too.” Right before she disappeared, I saw the smirk on her face.

“What picture?” I jumped at the sudden voices behind me. It was the twins and Eunhyuk.

“Uh…it’s nothing, don’t worry about it.”

“He’s hiding something,” Eunhyuk accused.

“Yah, get out.”

“Hmmm, he is hiding something. I’m going to find out.” Seung Ri said.

“Me too,” Seung Mi agreed.

“Miranda!” Eunhyuk tried to call Miranda back as they all ran after her. I was about to about to run after them when Yoona finally spoke.

“What happened?”

“Uh…nothing. I’ll be back.” I couldn’t let those three see those pictures, all hell would break loose.

When I got outside, they had already caught up to Miranda. Miranda was showing them the pictures. I turned to walk away before all the screaming and yelling would start.

“YAH! Donghae, you sly dog.” Eunhyuk called for me. I ignored him and just walked back to the house.

“What’s happening?” Yoona had asked as soon as I walked through the door.

“Oh, it’s nothing, just the three of them fooling around again.” I looked up and noticed she was all dressed and ready to go somewhere.

“Where are you going?”

She replied, giving me the gentlest of smiles. “I’m going to build a snowman with the untouched snow.”

Her smile sent my heart fluttering in a fit of happiness.

“Wait, do you mind if I join?” I could see her smile turn into a grin. New Year’s was being good to the both of us. It felt like the beginning of forever.

While everyone was inside trying to get more sleep, Yoona and I went outside to the backyard. They probably didn’t even notice we were gone. In front of us was endless land filled with fresh, untouched snow.

“You know Donghae, isn’t the snow sad?”

“Huh?”

“When you look at it, it gives you a rush of happiness and you just automatically smile. But when you actually look at it, there’s a feeling of sadness, of loneliness.”

“I’ve never noticed.”

“Not many people do.”

“I guess not…” She was smiling still. There was something about her smile. I couldn’t look away. It was one of those smiles that captures you completely and you can’t look at way at all. It’s one of those smiles when someone is talking about something meaningful but you know are genuinely happy.

“Say…” Yoona started to talk again as she squatted down to gently touch the snow. She touched the snow so softly as if she didn’t want to disturb it.

“What is it?”

“Why did you kiss me last night?” Her smile disappeared, but she wasn’t mad. She didn’t look like she was mad at me. She looked serious, but at the same time it looked as if she wasn't really expecting me to answer her. Her smile just happen to disappear when she thought about it.

I could feel my face burn from the heat as my blood began to pump faster. How did she know?

“At first, I thought it was a dream, but in my dreams, you never kissed me. In my dreams, you were always unreachable.”

“You, dream of me?”

Her gentle smile appeared again. “You appear in my dreams all the time. Sometimes you appear in the worst ways that it hurts. But yes, you do.”

I slowly walked up her.

“I guess this is where I run out of patience.”

She looked at me, wondering how I was going to answer her question, wondering what I was going to do next.

-Yoona-

I looked at the Donghae in front of me. He wasn’t the Donghae that always yelled at Eunhyuk. He wasn’t the Donghae that hated Hwa Ran. He wasn’t the Donghae that looked in pain. He was the gentle Donghae. He was the Donghae that actually looked happy for once.

Suddenly, he grabbed my hands. “I hold your hands because I’m happy to be with you.”

He pulled me into a hug. “I hug you because I care.”

He kissed my ear. “That is because you’re special.”

He pulled away and kissed my cheek. “A very special friend; probably the most important person to me.”

He looked down at me. “You want to know why I kissed you?” Then, he kissed me. “That’s obviously because I love you.” He smiled at me and played with some strands of my hair. “and because I don’t think I can live without you.”

----------------------------------

HEHEHEHE YOU LOVED IT DIDN'T YOU?! IT MADE YOU SMILE DIDN'T IT?! hehehe ~just kidding. but yeah, hoped you guys enjoy. i'll be back to do a little editting and proof reading tomorrow. off to bed now so no time. xD so excuse any grammar or spelling mistakes, i shall fix em tomorrow.

Good Night My Lovelies <3