[J] I miss you

WangTuan

Music for this chapter:

 

 

Jackson's Diary - 06 of Feb 2017

I just got back from visiting my little nephew... He looked so tiny in my arms that I was too scared to hurt him. Now I'm in my room... my childhood room... It brings so many memories. I've been too tired lately from running around all over the place between USA, Thailand, South Korea and now China in just a couple of weeks...

Not that I'm complaining. Being busy makes me forget... I never really liked Mark's childhood friends, to be honest... They all just look and sound so cocky and arrogant to my taste. But that day... he said I'm only close to Mark because he's rich. Is that the idea people have of me? His friends? His family? Himself?

I honestly didn't want to think about it, but laying here in my old bed, looking around, everything just looks so modest. I always had food on my plate, I had a normal childhood, but I can't really say my family is rich, or that I knew what luxury and comfort was like Mark did... Ah, why am I even thinking about this again?

*As Jackson checks his phone to know the time, he ends up finding himself going through Mark's pics.*

cr

Almost unconsciously, Jackson ends up sending a text to Mark.

Jackson: "Are you awake? Can we talk now?"

Not even a minute after, his phone rang.

Mark: "Jackson?! Yes! I'm awake! Are you okay?"

Jackson: "Uh, yeah.. Hi. Uhm, I have to ask you something..."

Mark: "Of course! Anything... I'm sorry about my frien-"

Jackson: "Why do you think I like you?"

Mark: "What? I don't know... I think that's something only you can answer. I ask myself that all the time. How could you like me, I'm shy and quiet... The opposite of you..."

Jackson: "Uhmm, yeah..."

Mark: "Why do you ask? Is this because of something my friends said to you?"

Jackson: "Do you think I'm only close to you because you are rich?"

Mark: "What? No! Of course not! Jackson, you put up with me for 6 years now... We've been through ups and downs together. We've shared a room for years - you're the closest person I have. I miss you..."

Jackson: "I miss you too, Mark..."

Mark: "Just... come back home?!"

Jackson could still hear Mark sobbing on the other side of the line when he hung up. He was sleepy and tired, but he'd have the chance to sleep in the plane. It was time to go back to Seoul, next to Mark.