A Good Day

The Chick Slayer Who Is Also A Chick

It's the 3rd subject of the day and everyone's already drained for the class. Youngjae was yawning and Jinyoung was tapping his pen on the blank page of the notebook. Jinyoung, being near the window, glanced outside and saw a section composed of mostly males having a P.E Class. He spots one ash-grayed hair guy which he finds cute. He then kicks Youngjae's chair and Youngjae is awakened from whatever daydream he was having. He stealthily looked at Jinyoung without being noticed by their current teacher who is discussing about Statistics and such.

 

"What?," Youngjae mouthed.

Jinyoung pursed his lips and pointed at the window. Youngjae understood his body language and looked at the window. He saw the same section which Jinyoung saw and saw a male student with a bright brown hair. This student caught his attention and stared at him not until their teacher called one of them.

 

"Park Jinyoung and Choi Youngjae, what are you both looking at the window?"

 

This caught both of their attention and they immediately stood up.

 

"Nothing sir," The both of them answered in unison.

"Oh, I see. Let's see what they are looking at."

 

Their teacher made a move towards the window and peeked at the section who is now trying to get under the shade of the shed to shield themselves from the blazing heat of the sun.

 

"Oh, are you looking forward to P.E. Class? If that is so, you should have told me. All of you, you could step out of this room if you are not interested in this class, okay? And the both of you, focus in my class so that you won't get a zero for the quiz later."

"Yes, sir. We're sorry," Jinyoung answered.

 

The both of them sat down and sighed. After a torturous hour, the bells rang and signalled for recess. The both of them immediately stood up and went to the cafeteria. Youngjae made the first move to initiate a conversation with Jinyoung who's kind of daydreaming.

 

"Hyung," he pokes Jinyoung's side and catches his attention "who was that class earlier? And why were you staring at that class? Are you interested in P.E Class? I'm not yet ready." Youngjae then pouted and showed discouragement.

 

"Youngjae, have you seen that gray haired guy in that section? "

"Nope. Why? Is that--- OH!"

Youngjae's lightbulb light up after realizing something.

"Is Nyoungie-hyung crushing on someone on the first day of class? It's very unlike of you, hyung."

"What's wrong with it?," Jinyoung asked in a whiny voice.

"Nothing. It's just ... funny? I don't know. Back then, you were really choosy and picky over your suitors. Even girls, you were picky. You had really high standards. What happened now?"

"I don't know. I just find him cute. He looks like someone I know before. But, really he was cute. He's the one I've been staring at that section."

 

As they entered the cafeteria while still talking, everyone became silent but Youngjae was too immersed in listening to Jinyoung's love story to notice one student who's still in his P.E uniform coming to approach him. 

 

"Uhm, excuse me, you dropped this while you were at the bulletin board." The student got a silver bracelet from the back pocket of his jogging pants and gave it to Youngjae. Youngjae took the slightly wet bracelet and looked at the student who gave him the bracelet. His heart started beating eratically. It was the guy he was staring at awhile ago. He took the bracelet and held the guy's hand accidentally while getting it. He jumped back a little bit and Jinyoung looked at him weirdly.

 

"Oh, it might be awkward for you," the student extended his free hand for a handshake and, "welcome to our school. My name is Im Jaebum. Nice to meet you."

 

"O-oh. My name is Y-Youngjae. Choi Youngjae. Hehe."

He also extended his hand and shaked his hand then he took the bracelet.

"Oh, I apologize if the bracelet is slightly wet. We just had P.E. Class and I thought to bring it so I could return it to you just in case we bump into each other." 

"I-It's okay. No problem really. Thanks, Jaebum-hyung." 

Youngjae bowed 90 degrees and Jinyoung found it really awkward for the three of them so he decided to join in the conversation.

 

"Hi! My name is Jinyoung and this is my bestfriend, Youngjae. Forgive his awkwardness, he isn't really confident with meeting other people and is really shy. I hope you'd understand." 

"It's really okay. I'm fine with it. I hope we could be good friends Youngjae," he ruffled Youngjae's hair and then smiled brightly that Youngjae got dizzy from his toothy smile.

"Enjoy your snacks guys! See you around! ^^"

 

Youngjae who was really frozen from where he was standing woke up when Jinyoung snapped his fingers in front of his face. 

 

"No need to drool now, lover boy. I bet that's your crush." Jinyoung grinned a teasing smile.

"N-no h-hyung. T-that's not it. He isn---"

"No, that's really it Youngjae. That's so obvious of you. To freeze whenever your crush's in front of you. So obvious Choi Youngjae. And, he's got you your bracelet, your destiny bracelet. Remember? And to add to your dreams, he has his sweat on that bracelet." Jinyoung wiggled his eyebrows.

"Hyung, you're such a . Hajima~ I'm hungry. Let's go eat."

 

Jinyoung laughed and just walked to the the front and got some food. Youngjae did the same and they sat on a table good for four people. They decided to eat at that table too during lunch. So that break, they just chatted and went back to class after the break. Two more subjects passed and Jinyoung and Youngjae were already out the doors for lunch. They took the same table and ate their lunch peacefully. While Jinyoung was teasing Youngjae about Jaebum, two familiar students approached their table and asked to sit with them for lunch. Jinyoung nearly forgot his name when he saw who the students were and Youngjae stopped chewing his food as he stared at Jaebum, smiling widely at him (or maybe them?).

 

------------------

YAY! I ALREADY POSTED THE FIRST CHAPTER! Also, I have decided to make this into a short story since my long story (Rough Love) will be on hiatus. I don't know what to write so I'll be looking for inspirations and encouragements to make it again. Thanks for subscribing and enjoy reading everyone! Love lots.

xoxo,
Author-nim