007: Confessions and Tears

Matchless Love

Jin’s PoV

                Namjoon and I were hanging out. Again. He was sitting next to me in the park, my body leaning against his as I continued to vent about everything.

                “I just don’t understand it, Namjoon. I- I thought we were perfect. But… I just don’t feel that way anymore. I don’t love him like I used to. But if I tell him, it’ll break his heart and then we’ll just be another unhappy Match. I don’t want anyone else to get hurt because of me. What do I do?” I looked up at him, blinking away tears.

                Namjoon put an arm around me and kept me close to his side. “Well,” he began, looking at me thoughtfully. “You still care for him, right? Otherwise you wouldn’t really think it mattered whether or not his heart broke.”

                I nodded, sniffling slightly. “Y- Yes, of course I do. I love him- Well, I used to love him. And I still do, but not in a romantic way. I just-” I groaned, running a hand through my hair. “I want to understand what’s happening to me!”

                He patted my back in an attempt to comfort me, as he usually did. “I- I think it’s just your hormones, maybe. It was good at first, and you had lots of endorphins from the fact that you finally had a Match, and when they left, you realized you weren’t happy with Jaehwan in particular… Or something…”

                I looked up at him. He looked just as good as usual. Even when he wasn’t smiling, you could still faintly see his beautiful dimples. I resisted the urge to poke them.

                He looked towards me, our eyes locking upon one another. He smiled. “Hi.”

                “H- Hi,” I responded.

                “Did you need something?”

                Yes. “No.”

                “Are you sure?”

                No. “Yes.”

                I want to tell him how I feel, don’t I? I want him to know that I love him, I want him to love me back, but I can’t bring myself to say it. It means giving up on Jaehwan once and for all…

                He pulls me closer, smiling slightly, his dimples deepening. Despite my attempts to repress the urge, I poked one of them, blushing furiously.

                He blushed, averting his eyes.

                “S- Sorry, they just looked very pokable. And cute. You’re cute. Wait, what?”

                The red in my cheeks deepened, reflecting his perfectly. “Oh,” he managed to say.

                “S- Sorry! It was a joke, I promise!” I laughed nervously, trying to hide my pounding heart.

                Why do I always get so tongue tied in front of you, Kim Namjoon?

Namjoon’s PoV.

                “And cute. You’re cute. Wait, what?”

                The sentence played over and over again in my head as we continued to sit in silence.

                Namjoon, you can’t continue to lie to yourself. You like Seokjin. A lot. You love him, even.

                I know I love him, but can I say it out loud?

                I don’t know, can you?

                It’s easy, watch! It’s just three words. I love you. I love you. I-

                “I love you.” I blurted out suddenly.

                He looked up at me, stuttering as he tried to remember what to say. “I- What- Pardon?”

                I panicked, my cheeks turning insanely red. I didn’t know such a vibrant red had existed before today.

                I looked away. “Never mind. Thinking aloud. You have a Match, just ignore me. Okay?”

                “No, Namjoon. D- Do you actually mean it?” He looked at me, his eyes filled with a glint of… hope?

                I looked away. “Forget it. You have Jaehwan, not me. I- I’m just going to make you get in trouble if I keep talking.”

                “Namjoon,” He said. I turned to look at him. Before I could speak, his lips were pressed against mine.

                I was rendered speechless, closing my eyes and leaning into the kiss slowly, wrapping my arms around Jin’s shoulders and pulling him closer.

                He pulled away, smiling slightly. “I had been hoping that I’d be able to do that one day.”

                I smiled slightly, then frowned. “But Jin… The Society, and Jaehwan…”

                He shook his head. “I- I don’t care about them anymore. I’ve wanted to be with you for so long, and whatever they have to say about it doesn’t matter to me. I love you, Kim Namjoon.”

                I continued to frown, standing up. “I don’t know… Maybe you should go, okay?”

                He nodded sadly. “Oh… Okay. I’m sorry if I made this awkward,” He said, averting his gaze.

                “No, no, it’s not that, Seokjin! I just don’t want you to get hurt. M- My parents did this, and they’re gone now, and I don’t want you to go, too.” I pulled him into a hug, kissing his forehead. “I worried about you, that you’d get yourself into trouble like this.”

                He blushed, sniffling slightly again. “I got myself into a lot of trouble. But I don’t regret it, Namjoon.”

Jaehwan’s PoV.

                I just wanted to know what they were doing every day in the park.

                I wasn’t trying to stalk Seokjin, it was just once that I went to go see what they were doing.

                And what they did shattered my heart.

                I could feel it break, crumbling into billions of small shards as it happened. Namjoon’s lips met Jin’s, and they stayed like that for a while.

                The tears came, but only because I could not stop them.

                I had failed him.

                I don’t know what I did wrong, Seokjin. But I know I was not good enough of a Match for you.

                I’m sorry…

Seokjin’s PoV.

                I arrived home, smiling softly.

                I had done it.

                Namjoon and I had finally kissed.

                It had been so nice, so warm.

                It was so unlike Jaehwan that it almost hurt to think of him.

                Jaehwan.

                I had let him down. I had told him that I would gladly be his Match, that I was glad that we were matched, and then I went and kissed the lips of someone else.

                I’m sorry I could not love you how you loved me, Jaehwan. Please forgive me.

                I said none of this when I saw him.

                I didn’t need to.

                It was evident that he had seen. How much, I didn’t know.

                As soon as I walked in, I saw him crying silently.

                I walked over, sliding down the entry hall’s wall so I was sitting next to him. “Jaehwan…”

                “Don’t,” he sobbed, looking away. “I’m sorry that I wasn’t enough for you.”

                I put a hand on his shoulder. “Jaehwan, I never meant to hurt you. I just-”

                He laughed sadly, turning to face me. “You never meant to hurt me. Sure. The first thing I think of every morning is how I can help you feel happier. How I can help you not stress so much, how I can help you get more sleep. All I ever did was care about you and love you.

                “And then I see you… And Namjoon… And you’re kissing. You were kissing in the middle of the Park,” He hissed, glaring at me.

                I held back tears, coughing to try and stifle the sound of the sob building up in my chest and pulling him into a small hug. “Jaehwan. I’m sorry. I’m so, so, sorry.”

                He flinched away from my touch, looking at me with a mix of anger, disgust, sadness, and utter heartbreak. “Just go.”

                “Please-“

                “Just GO!” He yelled, looking away. “LEAVE ME ALONE AND NEVER COME BACK! I HATE YOU, KIM SEOKJIN!”

                He sobbed, burying his face in his hands. “I- I don’t want you to go… But you’re no longer the Kim Seokjin I knew. You’re no longer the Kim Seokjin I loved.”

 


 

A/N: Hello, thank you for reading this story! I'm so glad you guys take the time to read the stuff I put so much effort into, it makes me really happy and enjoy writing ^^

Just a quick note on the chapter format so you guys don't get mad at me for it, I made it so that as the order in Jin's life decreases, so does the order in the titles, so since it's becoming more chaotic, it's changing styles as well.

Also thank you to Clovern for being a human who I can trust to listen to my crazy story rants and to help when I have no idea what to write, you are not only a human but a cool human.

Side note she has an amazing story called The Art of Truth and Lies, go check it out for sure!

Anyways, thank you for reading again! I'll see you in the next update~