002

Matchless Love

Jin’s PoV

                I closed the door softly as I arrived home, late as usual. Jaehwan walked over to me, wrapping his arms around me the moment I stepped inside. “You took forever!”

                I smiled, putting my arms around him and pulling him closer. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to keep you waiting.”

                He looked up, smiling as bright as the sun itself. Gosh, I love it when he smiles. Or talks. Or exists.

                “Seokjin, you need to stop being so late all the time! Your food’s going to get cold…” He pouted, taking my hand.

                I laughed. “I’m sorry, you know I had a bit of extra work to do today.”

                I hadn’t had any work.

                After the students had left in the afternoon, I spent hours contemplating what Jungkook had said. I didn’t understand, how could any one kid know so much? He did so horribly in class, but he was obviously intelligent. I just couldn’t figure it out. Eventually, I had just gone home.

                Jaehwan leaned his head against my chest, closing his eyes. “I miss you so much nowadays, we barely ever get to see one another anymore… You’re always so busy.”

                My heart twisted in my chest as I realized: The reason we hadn’t had a beautiful story was because I never gave us any time to have one. I pulled him even closer, pressing kisses on his head. “I’m sorry, I… I don’t think I can apologize enough to make up for this. I’ve been so focused on teaching classes, and I never even get any time with you anymore-”

                Before I could finish my sentence, Jaehwan’s lips were on mine, keeping me from saying anything else. “Don’t ever apologize for being who you are, Kim Seokjin. You’re beautiful and perfect and more than I could ever ask for and if that means you spend a bit more time working, then so be it.” He pressed another tender kiss onto my lips before pulling me into the dining room. “Let’s eat now, okay? It’s getting late.”

                The meal passed with only a few words uttered between the two of us. Finally, Jaehwan spoke. “Our wedding… we only have 6 months to prepare. I mean, I know it’s just for show and all, but it still makes it official. There’s no going back after that.”

                I smiled sadly. “But there’s no going back now either, is there? Even if I wanted to, which I don’t.”

                Jaehwan shook his head. “I guess not… Gosh, I say really stupid things sometimes, don’t I?”

                I took his hand, kissing it softly. “No, no… You’re not stupid, don’t worry! Not even my students are stupid and they say some of the dumbest things you’ll ever hear! How could 2 Squared ever be 20?!”

                Jaehwan laughed, a sound I didn’t hear often enough anymore. “But seriously, what are we going to do? I want it to be special somehow, but there’s nothing I can really do for you. I’m sorry, I really wanted to be able to make it perfect for you.”

                I shook my head, smiling. “Jaehwan, stop stressing. You’re here, that’s good enough for me. Perfect isn’t always the best thing to have, just having you there will be enough. Please don’t stress over it.”

                Jaehwan nodded, finishing up his dinner. “Thank you. I… I needed that.”

                I stood up, clearing our plates away. Jaehwan came up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his head on my shoulder. I smiled, leaning my head on his. “I missed getting to do this.”

                He kissed my cheek, smiling. “You know, we’ll have the rest of our lives together to do this, too.”

                I smiled despite the fear that gnawed at the back of my thoughts. It just didn’t feel right… I didn’t know. It was probably just nerves! Right…?

                “Seokjin, are you okay?” He looked up at me, concern showing on his face.

                I smiled, nodding my head. “Yeah! Yeah… I’m just really distracted, I’m sorry.”

                He pulled on my shirt like a toddler, pouting adorably. “Tell me what’s wrong, please?”

                I sighed. “Jaehwan, don’t worry. It’s just… I’m worried for Jungkook. You know him, right?”

                He nodded. “It’s tragic, what happened to his parents. But I guess his father just hid his insanity well enough from the Society. But the poor boy, he’s all alone and only has his older brother to care for him.”

                “At least he’s not totally alone.”

                “Yeah, I guess. But you don’t need to be worried for him, okay? Whatever he did, whatever happened, it’ll be okay. Please don’t stress so much, Seokjin…” He leaned in and kissed me reassuringly.

                I looked up, staring at the time. “Jaehwan. We have 15 minutes until curfew. Sh- Should we go?”

                He nodded, giving me one last kiss. “Yeah. Let’s go get ready.”

:-:

                “Are you prepared to see your match, Seokjin?”

                I nodded. “Y- Yes.”

                Maybe it’ll be the cute guy from my class. What was his name? Namjin, or something?

                “Please look at the screen, your match will appear in 5 seconds.”

                4.

                3.

                2.

                1.

                A face appeared, another person from his class. He was smiling, even more so when I appeared on his screen.

                “Seokjin? You? You’re- You’re my match!”

                “I wouldn’t have expected this, Jaehwan…”

                “Oh.” He looked down, face turning red. “I’m sorry, did I disappoint you?”

                “No! No, of course not! No, just… It’s a surprise, I didn’t think we’d be much of a match!”

                “Oh…”

                “But… I- I’m very happy that we’re a match! Please don’t feel bad!”

                He smiled, a warm grin that looked like it could cure disease. “Really? That’s- That’s good!”

                The screen blanked as we waved one another goodbye.

                “Please exit the room for the next person to find their match.”

 


 

AN: Hi guys! Thank you for everybody who subscribed, I'm very thankful for you guys! I hope you guys like this story, I've been planning it for a while (thanks to lsgrlr for helping me with that, she wrote some amazing stories! Also to clovern for being a cool human and motivating me!). Anyways, please tell me what you think in the comments and also what you thought about Spring Day and the entire new comeback! Thanks again for reading!