Fatigue

Five-pointed star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank you for your support! Here is the second chapter a bit more detailed than before ^^

hope you'll like it!

Song :
♥ A Thousand Years Love Song


« The sadness, it's tiredness that stick into the soul. The tiredness, it's sadness that stick into the flesh »

[Christian Robin, the other face]

 

~°*0OoO0*°~

 

                       Ten past one, Junsu was going back home.

 

It was already deep night, most people had been sleeping for hours already, but the district was still animated. The nights were always short and the days particularly long for entertainers. Junsu learnt it fast enough.

 

As this long week of repetition and training wasn't tiring enough, he had left his artist competences home to plaster a smile on his face and greet some investors with other SM artists.

 

It wasn't supposed to be too long, at first. As usual, talks became longer and the professional discussions started to become messier. Hours later, the investors still hadn’t pay anything, but Junsu's fatigue kept growing stronger. This time surrounded by alcohol, loud old men and laughing young pretty women were taken on his sleep hours.

 

All this time, wasted for a stupid kind of jet set party where his boss told him not to miss just to stay during long hours smiling near to Boa, helping to promote her new CD. It wasn't supposed to be his job, but of course, he couldn't miss it. No matter how exhausted he was.

 

Since he and Boa did this publicity together, the big boss had fun asking him to play foil. Maybe he was thinking the band work wasn't enough to fill the till. Maybe it was really a good thing for their carrier. Junsu didn't know.

 

He couldn't think straight with such foggy mind anyway.


Without conviction, he crossed the apartment and threw carelessly his shoes and his coat somewhere in the hall. Changmin would probably criticize again, but he wasn't in mood to do anything more. He just wanted to head to his bed as fast as possible before he had to wake up again, way too early.

 


                     Even if the five of them barely came back from Japan, their next departure was already planned, with of course, a completely full schedule. After the lonely months of exhausting promotion abroad, they all were happy to go back home, at first. However, instead of the short holidays they had expected, they only got the right to work more to 'catch up in Korea' as the company said.


Lately, Junsu only had impression to be a puppet. Smiling, singing, dancing; doing everything they wanted him to do; being what they told him to be. Just a good puppet following the orders.


He let out a sigh. A puppet wouldn't get scolded for asking for more hours to sleep and time to meet his family, friends or girlfriend. He shouldn't even think of having any of them in fact, if he followed the instructions.

 


On the direct way to his lovely bed, he stopped suddenly, his eyes focused on the board in front of him. Surprisingly calm, almost motionless, he looked at the schedules his fellow members put in the entrance of the dining room.


Every evening, the manager was leaving a note with the schedule for the next day, using child slate, specially bought for it. It was easier for them to check since they didn't always have time to talk with each other when they had separated plans.


8h : KBS Radio

11h : Lotte (Xiah&Max)

12h : meeting with Mr Lee (U-Know)

14h : mock up CD

16h : meeting with musicians - rehearsal

20h : dinner with sponsors

[Forbes staff coming at 6am tomorrow]


He verified time once more and sigh again. Radio show at nine meant awoken around seven. If he managed to fell asleep in the next few minutes, he might be able to get five full hours of sleep. Better than some days, he reasoned.

 

He should already be happy to not go on TV show, at least he didn't have to spend hours for make up. Well … with the circle he had, he will have to do it before leaving home anyway.


One only thing was bothering him more than any other, he really need to change his mind. He needed to go out, breath. He needed to get away for few hours and live by himself. Laugh with friends and play with his brother. Even if he couldn't say it out loud, he also had some primary instinct. How long had it been since he last met someone for real? He needed this affection too, no matter how much everybody around him tried to convince him the contrary.

 

He wanted to be free, even for short time. Of course, he wouldn’t do it soon, but he required as much escapism as sleep.


“Hey babe~” he heard behind him, disturbing his thoughts.


Taken by surprise, Junsu jumped before he noticed his friend. Laughing, Yoochun – because it was him – bypassed him and went to the American-style kitchen, always looking at the late comer.


“Already here?” He asked ironically. “Are you okay?”

“Wanna sleep,” Junsu answered, his face confirming his statement.

“You're welcome,” Yoochun smiled gently. “Was it that fun?” he asked again, trying to be comforting as much as he could.


Instead of answering, Junsu made a strange bear-like sound, making Yoochun laugh again. Uncaring, he rubbed his eyes and drank a cup of water. Not really feeling talkative, he walked a bit like a zombie and somethin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter