Lassitude

Five-pointed star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song:

♥ Asu Ha Kuru Kara

« The Lassitude? It's a part of love, this tiredness, at one special moment, like the shadow of a fault darkening us. »

Claire de Lamirande The magic wand

~°*0OoO0*°~

 

Stepping in the apartment after a long session of training, Yunho took off his jacket and shoes in the entrance before he went further. Shaking his hair, he removed the few traces of pollen that fell on it and breathed slowly. He took the phone he barely put away in his pocket to check if he didn't have new message and put it back in its place.

 

“Jae? Jae, where are you?” He called when he noticed how dark the main room was.

 

Yunho's voice resonated in the empty corridor without receiving any answer. Looking for his lover, he walked carefully in the apartment. He finally found him in the kitchen, making tonight's meal, as he frequently did when he had time.

 

He didn't know why it slowly seemed so natural to find him there, as if the place belonged to him, but it did. And he never tried anything to change that. Well, he also had to confess that if Jaejoong wasn't there to cook for them and if the manager wasn't behind to follow their meals, the five members would be eating ramen at list ten times per week and sandwiches all others days when they were at home.

 

Moreover, Jaejoong liked home-made food more than buying take out. He wanted to do it, he never said anything to hint it was bothering him or anything, Yunho told himself to suppress the pang of guilt he felt, coming out of nowhere.

 

“Oh, you're here,” he noticed with a smile.

 

Walking closer, Yunho's hand laid on his shoulder. Leaning closer, his palm slid down slowly to stop on his waist in a caring yet habitual gesture. His hand rested there and Yunho stayed comfortably there.

 

“The manager called,” he started conversationally. “He told me to remind you about your solo shooting tomorrow morning,” he explained. “I took the message for you instead of disturb you.”

“No problem,” Jaejoong nodded half-heartedly and went back to the cooker he had left to take cheese in the fridge.

 

Yunho nodded too, even if he didn't quite knew why. Taking his hand back, he put them both in his jeans' pocket and leaned his back against the counter. He closed his eyes and pressed his fingers on the soft skin under his eyes marked by tiredness. For a moment, he was very conscious of the stinging in his legs after those long hours of training. Shaking his head to wake up a bit, he smiled and sniffed out in Jaejoong's direction.

 

“Smells good. What are you preparing?” The forever curious leader asked, smelling the various pans heating.

“Tomatoes Tagliatelles,” Jaejoong simply said, lost in his thoughts.

“Seems good,” Yunho leaned back over the counter and agreed in silence.

 

Jaejoong was busy taking care of all the pans. It was like a habit, a scene they played over and over again hundred times at least and Yunho knew each one of Jaejoong's movement by heart. He kept looking at the eldest bustle alone for a while, and his mind flew away for a short time, trying to remind something he didn't quite get.

 

“Ah, Junsu told me he's going out with Junho and I think Minnie is eating with some friends from university,” Yunho finally remembered.

“Eh?!” Jaejoong exclaimed surprised, catching Yunho's eyes to get a confirmation. “Great ... Chunnie isn't home either, I think he met some friends too,” he added annoyed.

 

Pouting slightly, Jaejoong eyed the food boiling in the pan and repressed a sighed. He didn't even know why he felt like sighing. But he knew it wasn't a new one, he was there since a long time ago, growing in silence. And every day, the burden on his heart seemed heavier, more uncomfortable and difficult to bear.

 

“Do you mind us eating only together?” Yunho asked with no accusation in his voice, feeling himself the weirdness of the situation.

“Don't be stupid. Of course I don't mind,” Jaejoong scolded him a bit.

 

Putting the food in two dishes, he shook his head and sighed.

 

“But I'd like to know it before. I made way too much now,” he explained as rational as he could.

“Don't worry, we keep it for tomorrow, I'm sure Changmin will be happy to honour it,” Yunho joked to lighten his mood as he smiled gently.

 

Following his words, Yunho started to prepare a box to put the leftover and helped to wash the pans. Grateful for the attention, Jaejoong forced himself to smile back and cleared up around them.

 

Looking back at the food, a disturbing feeling of longing and lassitude taking place in his eyes. He couldn't explain, but this weird impression kept bothering him but he couldn't point out why. Lost in his thoughts, he watched Yunho leave the kitchen and go to the living room. Sitting on the sofa, Yunho switched on the television and started to flip over to the various channels, remote control in his hand.

 

“Ohh! Die another day!” He exclaimed suddenly. “I love this film, can we eat here?” He asked, genuinely pleased.

“Yeah ... of course,” Jaejoong told him, mind somewhere else.

 

He closed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter