twentyeight

IMperfect match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey guys! I'm sorry I've been MIA. I was out of town for a bit and didn't get a chance to write, but I'm back!! I didn't forget! This chapter is a little shorter than normal, but I'll post more often, especially since I've been gone for so long. So without further ado, Chapter 28! 

Warning: This chapter does contain some violence and language.   

~~~

What happened? Where am I?

The last thing Jaein remembered was walking to the bus stop before she ran into, "Kim Woojin," she said out-loud.

Jaein groaned at the sharp pain in her skull probably the lingering effects of whatever Woojin had drugged her with before he kidnapped her. She surveilled her surroundings, taking in the dark, damp room. The only furniture was a rusty bed with a sad excuse of a mattress that she was currently sitting on, and the only exit was through a heavy-looking metal door on the far wall. There was no telling what time it was. Her phone and watch were gone, and there hadn't even been a window, the only light coming from a single bulb hanging from the ceiling.

Her surroundings screamed abandoned warehouse, and it was almost laughable how cliché it was. You kidnap a girl probably for ransom. Bring her to some abandoned warehouse. But why was it her? What could he have possibly wanted with her?

Just then, Jaein turned her head at the sound of a loud clunk coming from behind the big metal door. It creaked open in what seemed like slow motion to reveal the tall, menacing man she remembered to be Kim Woojin. He walked in as an ominous presence, and Jaein couldn't look away from his sharp, almost deadly, gaze, which juxtaposed the grin forming on his face.

"Are you liking your accommodations?" he walked up to her flanked by not two, but four burly guys. He stood by her bed, towering over her. She couldn’t tell if he was asking a serious question, so she just stared at the man without a word of reply. Clearly, Woojin didn't like that. His grin quickly disappeared leaving only a stony cold expression. He let out an audible sigh.

"I expect you to answer, when spoken to," he said in a quiet voice, but Jaein could tell he was restraining himself from possibly an outburst. Jaein tested his patience, remaining silent, and just as she expected, he ticked.

"Do you understand?" He yelled at her, his face dangerously close to hers. Jaein still had yet to respond and just stared at him in the eyes. He was calculating and maybe even cunning, but he was a loose cannon, which made him even more dangerous, but none of that mattered to her. There was no way she was going to give him any sense of satisfaction.

The two were face to face for what seemed like an eternity before Jaein could see Woojin's face turn visibly red from her defiance. He shouted, even startling the four men he brought in, but Jaein remained unfazed even as he punched his fist into the wall next to her head.

He was angry. An understatement. He was enraged, furious, and also deranged.

Jaein watched Woojin stand back to his full height, wiping the blood covering his hand. And all the while, he was laughing a maniacal laugh. She was definitely right about him being deranged.

The four men standing behind him were giving each other cautious glances like they were afraid of what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter