seventeen

IMperfect match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hello! It feels like I haven't updated in forever. To make up for it, this chapter is a little longer. I've been pretty busy. Sorry! BUT I am going to keep my promise to two chapters a week, so I will post one more chapter before Sunday. Please enjoy ^^

~~~

 

"Congratulations!"

It was official. They were married.

The ceremony had gone smoothly for the most part, or at least Jaein thought it did; she'd been distracted by Jaebum the entire time. From when she walked down the aisle until the end of the ceremony, Jaebum didn't take his eyes off her. He looked at her like she was the only person in the room, like she was the answer to his prayers, like a man in love. It was nerve-wracking but also exhilarating. It made her heart pound out her chest.

But then, curiously enough, everything went blank when he was told to kiss her by the officiate. He looked at her confused as if he finally realized who was standing before him, and Jaein too snapped back to reality especially aware of all the people staring at them.

The officiate repeated to him to kiss his bride, and Jaebum gave her a short kiss on the mouth and looked completely scandalized by it. He was frozen to his spot as people cheered. Did he not like her? Did she do something to be so repulsive? Was she a bad kisser? She pushed the thoughts away and put on a smile before the guests and practically pushed Jaebum to face the audience with her.

The guests didn't seem to notice anything, though. They were all busy congratulating and taking countless pictures with the newlywed couple after the ceremony. Jaein had a smile plastered to her face and her left arm hooked to Jaebum's until the photographer was happy with all the shots he got.

The wedding hall was empty save for Jaein and Jaebum, and the photographer packing up his equipment, but Jaein finally got to kick off her shoes and sat on the steps by the altar.

"You okay?" Jaebum asked her concerned, and Jaein had a strange sense of déjà vu and remembered the night of Christmas. Jaebum took a seat beside Jaein with his knees by his chest. She could feel him glance at her cautiously like a tactful child.

"Yeah," Jaein said to him keeping her eyes on her feet. She clearly had mixed feelings about Jaebum but reminded herself of her decision to act like nothing happened on New Year's Eve. She was going to marry him anyway; it doesn't make a difference whether he confessed to her or not, or at least it shouldn't.

Jaein looked to Jaebum who must have had thoughts of his own going through his head. He had a far-away look as Jaein studied his face. She had to admit he was pretty good looking especially with his hair pushed back. His skin was so fair, and it complimented his strong features. His eyes were sharp and nose bridge high. His jawline alone could make girls fawn all over him… like she was doing now. Jaein shook her head as she smiled to herself. This was ridiculous.

Jaebum looked to Jaein curiously, "What?"

Jaein shook her head, "It's nothing." She stood up with her still bare feet and reached out a hand to him. "Let's go. We have a reception to get to."

Jaebum took her hand as she helped him up then picked up Jaein's shoes.

"You think you can make it to the reception, or should I carry you?"

Jaein felt another wave of déjà vu. Jaebum must have remembered that night too. She smiled at that but shook her head no, "I'll take the shoes," she told him reaching for them, but Jaebum stopped her and bent over to put them on her feet himself. Why does he do these things? It shakes her foundation; it brings to mind a million questions, but Jaein tried not to think much of it and stepped into her heels one shoe at a time. Jaebum might look a little bit intimidating, but he's always been a nice person.

Just like before. Jaein reminded herself. He's just being nice.

Jaebum stood back up, gave her a smile, and stuck out his arm for her to take. Jaein took it, and the two made their way to the reception.

~~~

It was a whirlwind of a reception. As soon as they stepped into the reception, they were introduced as the newlywed couple. There were toasts, first dances, cake; they did all the things that came with a wedding reception and barely got a chance to sit down as they went from guest to guest thanking them for coming. It was just about done, and Jaebum was sitting with the boys while Jaein was talking to the last of the guests, Yongguk and some other guests, on the far side of the room.

"Look at him, he can't take his eyes off her," Jinyoung was grinning at Jaebum. Jaebum caught himself staring at Jaein as he had done for most of the day. She looked great, and honestly Jaebum couldn't believe she was his.

"Who would have thought Jaebum would be the first to get married," Mark added grinning along with Jinyoung. Jaebum didn't know when or who he would have gotten married to if it weren't for Jaein. He probably would have found someone eventually. It wasn't like people didn't ask him out, but he was never interested in any of the girls, and work had always come first.

"Right? I didn't think he'd marry anyone," Youngjae commented. "But I'm glad it's Jaein noonim."

"Yeah, I like noona too," Bambam said. "She's so nice and so pretty. Look at her."

All the boys collectively looked over to Jaein. She was laughing at something one of Yongguk's boys said. Honestly it was probably the first time he'd seen Jaein so comfortable and free of inhibitions. She was keeled over in genuine laughter as the other boys talking to her laughed along with her.

Jaebum hoped that she'd feel as comfortable with him soon, but she seemed to be over whatever had upset her yesterday and the prior week. She was talking to him again, and it wasn't as uncomfortable as it had been before. Jaebum realized his boys were staring at him again as he looked to Jaein, and every single one of them gave him some googly eyes.

"Haha, It's so funny seeing Jaebum hyung like this," Youngjae laughed at him, and Jaebum could feel his ears turn hot.

"Do you like her that much?" Jackson teased giving him a huge grin. "You can stare at her all you want when you two are alone."

Jackson's comment generated laughter from all the boys.

"Anyway, how long are you two going to be in Bali?" Jinyoung asked Jaebum. The two were going to Bali for their honeymoon, and Jaebum didn't know if he should be excited or terrified.

"Ten days…," Jaebum answered him. The honeymoon was more of formality than anything else; it's what newlyweds do, bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter