Five

Talk to Me

 

Hi guys it's me........ I AM VERY DEEPLY SORRY FOR GOING INTO HIATUS WITH THIS STORY i really am sorry for making you guys wait it's just that i had a very worse condition with my friend, writing block, and it's been trying to stop me from writing so you can all blame it. it's partly my fault as well but because of stress in school i really lost the will to write but now school is done and finally i a m f r e e from the dungeon, i can now go back yay!

also this also applies to my other story, i'll try to finish one by one first so i hope you all be patient. you guys have been patient enough to even read this at this point, anyway sorry for any error and mistakes enjoy :)

 

 


 

 

Nayeon was fidgeting. Hands trembling, nerves shaking. She’s nervous.

 

All she ever did was watch as the children color the give outs she gave them, with different cartoon characters in it. The children were happily doing so and Nayeon really has nothing to worry about, except that she knows Sana has been looking at her from time to time, beaming her cheeky smile, and Nayeon knows it has no double meaning or whatsoever. But, she sees the glint in Sana’s eyes and almost the knowing smirk at the end of it.

 

Now Nayeon is more nervous than ever. She knows it was absurd, acting like a teenager who was caught eyeing her crush. She’s an adult for goodness’ sake so why is she acting like this?

 

‘Totally immature’ she thought.

 

Nayeon proceeds to roam around, checking the children’s works and giving them a short smile to show them that they did well. The smile on their faces after makes Nayeon wants to hug them and squish them, “Why are they so cute?” she says in a muttered breath.

 

She stopped directly on Sana’s seat, because of a little hand tugging hers, she has no choice but to bent down and listen to what the child say.

 

“Teacher Im, look at this!”

 

“What is it?” Nayeon took the paper from the child’s hands, and she smiled when she realized it was a drawing of her family. Even it was only a stick figure and a bunch of doodles, Nayeon could make it out. Her mother, Doc Myoui, and her, little Sana, holding each other’s hands. It was an endearing sight for Nayeon.

 

Nayeon doesn’t ask more, and gives a pat to Sana’s head. She sees Tzuyu and almost laughs when she saw how she was drawing her, Sana, and Dahyun, playing together. It was great that they all finally got along and how Sana got a little bit jealous at how quick they became close with each other.

 

“Kids, really…” she mumbled.

 

****

 

The last patient who had an appointment for them today had finished and at last, Mina and Momo can finally rest. Breathe for a while since they had to work ever since the busy hour started. They really wasn’t expecting for the increase to their patients today but had no time to complain and did what they had to do.

 

Mina slept for a while, since they still have to do a round-abouts for the equipments later and a report about the clinic today. Mina was dreaming of something. But it was all cut off when a hand pokes her and she can hear Momo’s voice in the distance.

 

“Momo? How long have I slept?”

 

“It wasn’t even sleep to begin with, only for 30 minutes? Anyway I got a call from the hospital a while ago and told us that at night’s shift, Doctor Kang and Doctor Son will be replacing us. We’re needed immediately at the hospital Mina, and it seems important. You still have to pick Sana up from school later. Don’t you have anyone who can watch her for a while?” Momo asks her, worried about Sana’s wellbeing too.

 

“Uhh… I, I have no one. Damn it, when do they want us there?” Mina starts to fix herself, standing up and arranging the scattered papers that has flown everywhere since she slept. She fixes her coat and smooths out the creases in them.

 

“Now that I don’t know.”

 

****

 

Nayeon was walking to her desk, holding her students artwork while humming. This is good. Very good. She managed to forget Mina for a while and it really is good. (Did she really?)

 

Now that Nayeon thinks about it, fate must be really playing with her because why would everything happen just as the moment she wanted to move on?(Jeongyeon still laughs at this point about her moving on.) She shakes her head, annoyed, and then proceeds to sit down at her chair.

 

The faculty has been quiet for a while since the other teachers must have been in their own classes.

 

“Now to see the kids’ works... I have nothing to do for toda-“

 

“Now you do!” Jihyo slams the stacks of papers right in front of Nayeon’s table, leaving the older confused and bewildered.

 

“Now I have something to do today. Yay.” Nayeon mutters, sarcasm drips from her voice.

 

“Don’t worry, unnie, after that you’re free to go. I know your new lesson plan for the kids starts tomorrow, so no worries.” Jihyo casually says as she lends Nayeon a pen.

 

****

 

“Done! Now I need to see the kids. It’s almost dismissal time.” She says to herself while leaving the stacks of paper to Jihyo’s desk.

 

Nayeon walked to the other building then knocked on the door, seeing they were getting ready as well, Nayeon smiles at this.

 

“Okay, kids! Who is ready to go home? Aboard the happy train now!” Nayeon shouts then tells them to form a line and to rest their hand on the person in front of them.

 

“Your parents are waiting outside, now go~” she tells them then waits as she tries to find Sana in the crowd.

 

She watches as the kids slowly disappear and decrease minute by minute. Then she finally saw the little girl, swaying her feet because the bench might’ve been too tall for Sana’s little feet.

 

Nayeon sits beside the girl that she might immediately regretted since she remembered Myoui Mina, Doctor Myoui, her sister to be the one to fetch her but it’s all too late because Sana has given her a smile which Nayeon couldn’t resist at all. The silence engulfed them and Nayeon thinks something weird was happening because most days (everyday) Sana would never keep shut.

 

“Is something wrong?” Nayeon asks, for a bit was worried.

 

“No, Teacher Im, but is there something wrong?” Sana grins, and Nayeon thinks she must be really in trouble. This kid looks like she knows many secrets enough to ruin other people’s lives when revealed.

 

“Sana... I have a question. Why didn’t you tell me Doctor Myoui is your sister?”

 

“You weren't asking Teacher Im,” Sana answers in a matter-of-factly tone and Nayeon wants to dig her own grave.

 

“Then why is Doctor Myoui the one picking you up now?”

 

“Is she not allowed, Teacher Im?” Sana says bluntly and almost wants to laugh aloud with the sudden drop on Nayeon's face but held it in out of respect for her beloved teacher.

 

“I'm joking! It's because mom is away so unnie has to take care of me for a while,”

 

'Unnie' Nayeon thinks, 'How cute is she calling Doc Myoui unnie'

 

Their talk was interrupted when Nayeon caught a glimpse of Myoui Mina entering their school gate. Still with her coat on, and Nayeon's surroundings almost vanished at the mere sight of her.

 

Her nerves were failing her. 'It's unfair though,' Nayeon thinks just because a Mina showed up that all her consciousness left her body.

 

Nayeon stood up and is about to walk away when Sana held her hand and made her wait. Nayeon tries to function well in front of her but she really couldn't handle this embarrassment. Not with what happened earlier in the morning.

 

'Talking about changing her clothes... what the heck Im Nayeon'

 

"Oh, hi Miss Im! Sorry for the wait, but..."

 

Nayeon was about to reply and answer when Mina immediately kneeled in front of Sana, and Nayeon whose hand is still held by Sana, couldn't really go away, forcing her to listen with the conversation between the two sisters.

 

“Sana, we have to attend a meeting today with the head of the hospital and you really have to go with me because no one will look after you if I leave you.”

 

“But unnie! I hate the hospital!”

 

“I know, I know, it's just that—“

 

“Is Momo unnie going too?”

 

“Yes, so you and I really have no choice but to—“

 

“Uhm, I-I can look after her, for a while, if only you want but if you don't, you really don't have to. It's just because I'm free and I really have nothing to do for the rest of the day and Sana is also my student and she is also my responsibility but if you really don't want. It's fine.” Nayeon interrupted the growing ‘argument’ between the two.

 

“Yes! I will stay with Teacher Im! Just go away~” Sana teased, staring at her sister, perfectly knowing that her teacher was rambling and it's all because of her sister.

 

Nayeon is silently scolding herself for speaking like a child. This really isn't normal anymore. However, her thoughts were rambled when Mina stood up and held her free hand, giving it a squeeze.

 

Nayeon almost squealed in delight or shock, she isn't quite sure.

 

“Really? You'd do that Miss Im? I mean, yes, if you could. It'd be a really big help.” Mina turned her attention to Sana, giving her a not-so-innocent smile that tells her to behave and shut up, “Sana please behave around Miss Im, I promise I'll be back really quick, okay?”

 

Sana nodded and soon after, Mina was gone.

 

Sana turned to Nayeon, who is still stunned with what happened.

 

“Teacher Im? I know, I know, unnie's hand is really soft despite being a doctor, right?” She tugged Nayeon's hand and tried to shake her up.

 

This made Nayeon wake up and act as if not knowing a thing on what Sana had said.

 

She shook her head, and the two went back inside their classroom.

 

****

 

“This is taking too long, Momo. Sana is waiting for me. They told us it'll be important but look it’s full of things we already know.”

 

“I know, Mina. But we have to at least pretend to be interested, you know. And it’s nice to see some of our colleagues again after a while. We’ve been really spending too much time in the clinic.” Momo grins, trying to bring out some humor in the middle of their boring meeting.

 

“I really wish Sana doesn’t say something that isn’t really necessary in front her,” Mina whispers, only for her to here. Unfortunately, Momo did and almost spitted the water she’s drinking to Mina.

 

****

 

“This is the way to unnie’s heart!” Sana says a bit excited while she is trying to finish her artwork. Nayeon wasn’t expecting this, not really, she didn’t even know when it got to this point in their talk. They were just having fun, and letting time pass when suddenly their talk went on to that topic.

 

Nayeon couldn’t even get herself to ask Sana what Mina thinks of her. Thinking it was a bit immature and inappropriate, and she also is not ready to hear whatever Mina thinks of her but Sana has been the one leading them to this topic ever since they sat down and started coloring. So, she only raises a brow and watches amusingly as Sana draws what Nayeon could figure, a penguin holding a smoothie.

 

****

 

“Momo, we need to get Sana now, come on.” Mina says, tired inside out. They were forced to listen to that meeting to what Mina could only hear ‘switch’ and she really isn’t planning to know any of it when she clearly knew it is something important.

 

Momo shrugs, then runs over to Mina’s motorbike, mumbling an ‘okay yes boss Mina’

 

 

****

 

“Go inside, I’ll wait here. And prepare your apology. You’ve taken a long time to get here.” Momo says, letting her hands warm inside her coat.

 

“I know that’s why I brought the bike, right? So we can save much time going to the hospital and here?” Mina waves her off and enters the school.

 

She talked to the guard, asking where Sana is, and went to find Teacher Im. Soon after, Momo also went inside.

 

“It’s cold. ‘couldn’t handle the weather at this point.” Momo answers taking a seat beside Mina.

 

“You didn’t listen to me, told you earlier to get in but you refused and now look who’s here?” Mina smiles sideways, teasing her friend and seeing Momo’s eye roll, she finally laughed.

 

“Oh, shut up, Myoui.”

 

“Unnie!”

 

Both heads turned at the voice and saw Sana running to the both of them with a trailing Nayeon behind, bringing Sana’s bag.

 

“Oh! She’s teaching here?! It’s the girl you’ve bee-“ Mina elbowed Momo in her side, seemingly effective in shutting her up.

 

“Just shut up.”

 

“That hurt.”

 

“Hi, Miss Im, sorry for the inconvenience that Sana has given to you.” Mina said, taking her little sister’s bag from Nayeon.

 

“Not even a ‘hi’ to me unnie? Really?” Sana said before cradling in Momo’s arms.

 

Mina could only give out an awkward laugh and glared at the two of them. Before, Mina could even speak; Momo already beat her to it.

 

“You know what, Teacher Im? It looks like you’re going home as well? Am I right?” Momo asked, already plotting their evil and genius plan as what Sana had told her just a while ago.

 

“Yes, actually. I was planning to go home soon after Doc Myoui pick Sana up.” Nayeon explained, still avoiding Mina in the hopes of not having a heart attack any moment now.

 

“Well, Mina here could give you a ride back home because me, Momo, will actually be the one to bring Sana home, am I right Sana?” Sana innocently nodded, internally enjoying the sight of her sister gulping.

 

“And in exchange of looking after Sana, she would really like it if you accept.” Momo tried to persuade her even more. And poor Nayeon, poor, poor Nayeon who almost survive two heart attacks. They weren’t even considering Mina’s opinion here and the two decided already.

 

Nayeon is flustered and she glances back at Mina to see how she is glaring at her friend, thinking that Mina is bothered by this, she denies, “Ah! It’s fine, you really don’t have to. I can just walk home by myself, it’s just-“

 

“Walk?” Momo looked at Sana.

 

“By yourself?” Sana looked at Momo. Mina was speechless.

 

“Miss Im at this hour it could be dangerous.”

 

“At this hour? It’s still 6 in the afternoon, still early and-“ Nayeon tries to say but,

 

“Oh no Miss Im, we are deeply worried about your wellbeing especially my friend here,” Momo pointed to Mina but the latter slaps it off and tried to act like she didn’t do anything wrong.

 

“Yes,” Mina finally speaks and all eyes were on her.

 

“Yes, e-excuse me what?” Nayeon turns her head to Mina, trying to find hesitation, which is fortunately, isn’t there. Mina looks like she means it, actually.

 

“We’ll go now Mina! Enjoy!” Momo winks at her and Mina gives her a brief glance before glaring at them and scampering off.

 

“Nice job unnie!” Sana high-fived Momo, whose smile could reach their ears with their conspiracy against Mina.

 

“Mina should really treat us to dinner after this, right Sanaring?” Momo said as they walked away, with a nodding Sana answering her.

 

****

 

“Uhh… it’s… it’s here.” Mina awkwardly pointed to the motorbike that is just meters away from them.

 

“Is it alright?” Mina asks pertaining if Nayeon was alright with just this.

 

But Nayeon is too busy being nervous and her mind had stopped functioning knowing that Mina was just staring at her all the way.

 

“I, uhm, I’m sorry what is it?” Nayeon smiled sheepishly, embarrassment now flooding her insides.

 

‘Nayeon wake up!’

 

Mina chuckled and Nayeon wanted to melt right then and there, “I asked if you’re alright with a bike?”

 

“Oh, yes, I’m fine, no bothers.” Nayeon ‘coolly’ shrugged it off but in all honesty, she never really had the chance to ride one.

 

“Okay then,” Mina gave her a helmet and Nayeon puts it on. Mina looks back at her shortly, noticing that Nayeon did not close the strap on the helmet. Mina walked towards her.

 

“I-uhm, Doc Myoui what is it?” Nayeon nervously asked as she stepped backward with Mina’s sudden movement.

 

“You… you didn’t close the strap, you have to close the strap so I can assure that your head is not rolling away in the road.” Mina joked.

 

“W-what?” Nayeon tried to fidget with the strap of the helmet but she really couldn’t figure it out.

 

“You just get the two ends of it and clasp them together,” Mina says but seeing Nayeon helpless with it, she decides to intervene.

 

“You just…” Mina mumbles,

 

“It’s alright I can…” Nayeon tries to say.

 

“No, you’re tangling them together,”

 

“I figured it out now. You don’t really have to…”

 

“There, it’s done, easy as that.”

 

Mina looked up to see how close their faces are, the only distance that separates the both of them are Mina’s hands. Mina suddenly feels nervous with the sudden tension arising, and embarrassment suddenly filling her in, she tried to look away but she couldn’t not when Nayeon looks this beautiful up close. She really didn’t mind it until, she hears her own ragged breathing and Nayeon’s nervous sigh and wandering eyes, looking everywhere but her. Mina pulled away and started the bike.

 

‘Nayeon please contain your feels and calm your heart, there’s no concert here so why is it beating like a drum????? She looks more beautiful up close. Damn it,’

 

“You can get on now. Just place your foot there and…”

 

Nayeon is more nervous than ever, her face, she bets, is redder than a fully ripe tomato. She panics for a second when she doesn’t know where to hold.

 

“You can hold on me, Miss Im.”

 

And Nayeon did, except it really wasn’t holding, it’s her grabbing the layer of Mina’s shirt and pinching it. Mina laughs at this before she wraps her hand around Nayeon’s arms and tightens the hold herself.

 

‘I’m hugging her, oh my god, she smells so good what the hell, Im Nayeon’

 

“But you have to let me breathe, Miss Im.” Mina smiles at her. Even if the helmet was covering most of her head, Nayeon is whipped.

 

Mina started and revved the bike before going on, smiling, feeling Nayeon’s hold on her tighten even more and Mina wasn’t even complaining. She even likes it,

 

Wait, I like it?

 

She shakes her head and turns her attention on the road too busy to even bother with an internally screaming Nayeon behind her whose thoughts only shouted ‘I hope she doesn’t hear my heart, I hope she doesn’t hear my heart, I hope she doesn’t hear my heart…’

 

They arrived, and this time Nayeon finally knew how to unclasp the helmet and gave it to Mina.

 

“Thank you for the ride, Doc Myoui, and sorry if I have to bother you, only because you were force-”

 

“Force? Miss Im, it’s not a bother, don’t worry. And it is to return the favor for looking after Sana as well, it was really a big help. I just hope she wasn’t a burden to you though.” Mina laughs and Nayeon thinks she’s hearing angels singing to her ears.

 

“No, no! Sana would never be a burden, my students will never be.” Nayeon smiled, her bunny teeth showing and her eye smile appearing and Mina doesn’t know what to do with the feeling that is happening inside her.

 

“I’ll go now,” Mina hesitates then waves to Nayeon, too awkward for her to notice.

 

“See you tomorrow, Miss Im.” Mina says.

 

“See you as well Doc Myoui… Your umbrella!” Nayeon tried to say but could not anymore not when Mina already left.

 

Nayeon enters her house, and then proceeds to rethink on her life. She drops on her bed and squeals on her pillow, not even trying to calm herself down. Too many things are happening and it’s just one day of having to interact with Mina. What should she do, if she’ll have to meet her every day?