Ten

Talk to Me

eyow guys. guess what time is it? it's 2 in the a.m. also you are cute too.. anyway, you know the drill sorry for any typos and please say what you think because i think this chapter is written so badly it's worse than professor umbridge.

 i'm sad 

-

-

-

but here's an update so yay

 


 

“It would be really helpful if you would just stop looking at that. You’ve been staring at that for like 10 minutes!”

 

Nayeon glares at Jihyo before resting on her bed, smiling dreamily as she stares again at the picture on her phone. “Hey, it’s not every day you see your crush brushing your hair and looking at you like that. Can she stop doing this to me? I’m feeling butterflies fluttering in my stomach.” Nayeon says as she plunges her face into the pillows, hiding her whipped face from Jihyo.

 

“You’re so whipped. I’m done with you.” Jihyo sighed as she folds the blankets that are scattered in the living room. “Anyway, I’m heading out. Since you’re okay now, and you’re all heart eyes for that pic.” Jihyo stops before continuing, “But didn’t you say she has a girlfriend?”

 

Nayeon immediately halts, looks up at Jihyo before throwing the pillow towards her friend. “You really did not need to remind me of that. Just as I was enjoying my happiness, here you are breaking it.” Nayeon frowns and Jihyo chuckles before throwing back the pillow she managed to avoid.

 

“Sorry ‘bout that but did Doc Myoui really confirm that she has a girlfriend? I’m starting to doubt that seeing that picture with her all staring at you and that.”

 

Nayeon feels her face flushed, just by the thought of Mina doing that to her while she’s asleep? If only she did not have a girlfriend, and only if Nayeon was awake at that moment, she would’ve kiss her right then and there.

 

Woah, wait what? Where did that come from?

 

Nayeon raises a brow and stares weirdly at Jihyo before fanning her face. Jihyo smirks at her, “You’re thinking something inappropriate with Doctor Myoui! Ha! You’re such a ert, Nayeon.”

 

“W-what? No way! I’m not, clearly not. My intentions are clean and pure.” Nayeon tried to look straight through Jihyo’s eyes but she just couldn’t. Lying to Jihyo would put her in no use. The woman knows her inside out.

 

“You at lying.” Jihyo looks at her dead in the eyes. “Anyway, I’m gonna go! Rest your sick and go to work on a nice condition on Monday.”

 

“Yeah, yeah. Bye! Oh! And buy me a picture frame. I’m going to print, laminate, display and frame this pic.”

 

Jihyo only snorts as Nayeon laughs.

 

Sure, Nayeon was too ecstatic for someone who just had gotten sick, and was too smiley for someone who just had a gloomy day. But she can’t help it, opening her phone and staring at the picture again, Nayeon couldn’t help but smile and fall for Mina again.

 

“How am I supposed to forget you if you keep on doing this to me?”

 

****

 

“How did it go unnie?” Sana asks Jisoo, the child staying over at her house
(more like mansion, according to Sana.) over the weekend.

 

“What ‘how did it go?’” Jisoo asks, giving Sana her glass of milk before settling down at the chair in the dining room.

 

Sana looks up, stopping her doodling of tiny penguins and rabbits before saying, “Your plan? With Momo unnie?”

 

Jisoo narrows her eyes towards Sana before smiling, “I haven’t told you that. Where did you hear that you small child?”

 

“It’s not really important, unnie. Just know that I know everything.” Sana smiles cheekily, drinking her glass of milk in one shot before continuing with her doodles.

 

“You know a lot more than you should.” Jisoo stares at her but Sana could only grin at her.

 

The doorbell rings, and before Jisoo could stand up to open it. Momo came dashing towards her and screamed, disturbing Sana’s peace and silence.

 

“You don’t know how many times I made Mina red just by the mention of Miss Im. God, it’s so funny, you should be there to watch it.” Momo slumps at the couch, taking her time to relax and feeling it as if the house is her own.

 

“A greeting wouldn’t hurt, Momo.” Jisoo mumbles, taking out her phone, noticing the doctor sent her something.

 

“What’s this?” She asks, raising a brow and going over to the couch to shoo Momo’s feet away, which Momo did, offering a space for Jisoo to sit.

 

“Oh, you’re going to love that. Where is Sana, by the way?” Momo asks, straightening herself and looking around. Jisoo points at the kitchen table, not averting her eyes from her phone. “Sana! Momo unnie is here!”

 

Soon came a pair of wiggling feet, and a stuffed mouth of bread. Colors in one hand, and a paper to the other. Momo giggles at the sight, scooping Sana in her arms before sitting back beside Jisoo. “Ewwo, unnie.”

 

Momo literally crushed Sana when she hug the child and Sana was pleading to let her go when Jisoo screamed to the highest level shocking the both of them and Sana completely detaching herself from Momo before walking towards Jisoo.

 

“What is it unnie?”

 

“Mina just did that! That’s my bestfriend! Did you see? The courage? That look? That fixing of hair? Mina is really stepping up her game, huh?” Upon hearing her sister’s name, Sana snatched the phone away from Jisoo before feigning a shocked expression, eyes as wide as plates.

 

“That is my sister? My coward sister who wouldn’t dare talk to my teacher unless she’s forced to? That’s her?”

 

The two adults looked weirdly at Sana, nodding slowly as they did. “Y-Yeah. Are you alright with this, Sana?” Jisoo asks, worried that Sana might not take it well.

 

“What?! Of course, I am. I’m the president of their ship! How am I not happy about it?”

 

“What? Wait, wait, wait. President? Ship?” Momo asks, confused at the words the small child is using.

 

“Yep. I’m actually the president of their fanclub—“

 

“Wait! What! You’re a president of their fan—How does this even happen? Does your sister know about this?”

 

“Uhh… no.”

 

“How come a 7-year-old child is a president of something?”

 

“Wait, woah. You’re too young for that.” Jisoo snaps, eyeing the two back and forth.

 

“This is unbelievable…” Momo sighs, “But anyway, we’re supposed to be rejoicing.”

 

“Yeah, Mina just did that. How did she cope up with it?”Jisoo asks, taking her phone back from Sana’s grasp. And taking the child in her arms.

 

“Uhh… about that. I actually left the moment we finished work? So I really don’t know about her.” Momo kept fiddling with her hands, unable to look at Jisoo straight in the eyes. “What?”

 

“I mean we need our space too alright. It’s not like I hate being with Mina. I’m just too excited to go home—which doesn’t actually mean going home—but you get my point?”

 

“No,” Jisoo sighed, grabbing her phone and texting Mina. “I just told her to come here to go pick Sana up and after that you know what that means, Momo.”

 

“What?”

 

Jisoo covered Sana’s ears before mouthing, “We’ll interrogate her.”

 

****

 

“So?”

 

“What do you expect me to say?” Mina asks, squished between two of her friends as Sana plays around in the room.

 

“Oh no no no no. You’ll not let this slide Mina. That was such a major move.” Momo says, clicking her tongue as she shakes her head, Jisoo joining right after.

 

“What major move—what the heck are you guys talking about? I’ll clear this to you…” Mina stands up, sighing as she finally frees herself from her ‘captors’ and places her hands on her waist while she glares at them.

 

“Look. All I did was to fix her hair. I was doing that to every patient, tending to them! It just so happens that Momo has her freaking phone ready to capture the moment.” Mina bit her lower lip, trying not to burst at the immaturity of her friends. They really didn’t have to make it as if it’s a big issue posted on headlines of every newspaper they see. Or in other words, They really didn’t have to put Mina in such situation.

 

“I’m tired, guys. Just… I’ll go grab Sana and we’ll head home. Take a rest too, we’ve been up all night, and I really need sleep.” Mina said, walking away with heavy steps towards the room where Sana is. The two friends could only watch Mina’s retreating figure.

 

“Do you think we’ve gone too far?” Jisoo asked, looking at Momo, worry visible in her eyes.

 

“Nope. Give her time. We’re both exhausted with our jobs. But she was literally smiling from ear to ear when I sent it to her. So no worries, we’re fine.” Momo shrugs it off, eyeing Jisoo who still looks worried.

 

“Oh come on. It’s not that bad! Wanna bet? What comes first? Mina’s confession towards Miss Im or BlackPink’s comeback?”

 

Jisoo could only glare at her. Momo laughs, “See? Try to lighten up a bit.”

 

“Hey, I have a plan.” Jisoo points to the vase behind them. Momo follows where her friend is looking, raising a brow.

 

“I think you meant ‘I have a plant’ not plan.”

 

“No! Hear me out here okay?”

 

****

 

“Unnie.” Sana mumbles as she holds Mina’s pinky while they walked down to where her motorcycle is parked.

 

“Not you too, Sana.”

 

“What? I wasn’t even saying anything.”

 

“You’ll talk about the picture too right? I swear it’s nothing big.” Mina sighed for the nth time. She doesn’t remember how much she sighed already.

 

“What picture, unnie?” Sana innocently blinks her eyes towards her sister but when it comes to Mina, it has no effect. She has been so used to this to let herself fall for her sister’s charms again.

 

“You mean that picture where you’re looking at Teacher Im? Don’t worry, unnie. I’ll keep it a secret. You can tell me everything, you know. That you find Teacher Im cute—“

 

“Whoa, whoa, wait a minute. I know where you’re going with this. So shush your mouth now or else we won’t get ice cream.” Mina says as she carried Sana at the front of the seat of her bike and putting the helmet on before getting on herself.

 

“But admit it, you like Teacher Nayeon too, right?”

 

Mina smiles, it’s not like she couldn’t deny it forever much less to her sister who has been so persistent about her and Nayeon getting together. She doesn’t answer anymore but she’s pretty sure Sana heard a small mum before they drove away.

 

****

 

The weekend has been over too quick, well for Nayeon too long. It’s not like she’s been so eager to meet Doctor Myoui after what happened, no, not really. Nayeon only managed to be extra productive during those days and some sudden squeals and heart flutters during breaks. She couldn’t deny that all she’s been thinking is that picture.

 

Sure, she’s getting afraid, how she falls deeper every time and how she knows she’ll end up hurting herself but crushes are meant to be an inspiration and all not to crush your hopes and dreams when they don’t feel the same for you. As for Nayeon, she decided to take it as an inspiration since she’ll lose nothing anyway. And how Mina would never even feel the same way about her even if the picture suggests otherwise.

 

Oh, if only Nayeon knew how much that kept Mina up at night too.

 

She starts her day happily, not forgetting the umbrellas since she decided to return it too. She’s getting ashamed now that the thing has been in her possession for a while now.

 

Maybe, Nayeon started her day too happy. Greeting every passerby, every human she encounters, well not all, but only those that she knows. She didn’t even realize that she was on the school now, greeting the guard, students, literally everyone as some high school students cold only stare at her and mumble ‘cute’.

 

It was not new to the sight to see Nayeon so bubbly and happy, but today, her two closest friends could only see sunshine and rainbows emitting from their friend and they almost threw up.

 

“What is wrong with her? Is that the aftereffects of getting sick?” Jihyo leaned closer to Jeongyeon, gathering her papers before she proceeds to her first class.

 

“You didn’t let her drink something funny right?” Jeongyeon says, eyeing Nayeon weirdly as she picks up her whistle before tending to her class waiting for her at the gym.

 

“I think it’s better to pretend that we don’t know her at all, is that okay?” Jihyo whispers, not everting her eyes on their friend.

 

“Yeah, that would be cool. At the count of three, we run towards the door. Okay?”

 

“Okay.”

 

“One.”

 

“Two.”

 

“Three—“

 

“Hey!”

 

“I don’t know her.” The two went scrambling their way outside the faculty and Nayeon could only see their backs before shrugging off and preparing her activity for the kids.

 

****

 

“Teacher, will you read us another story?”

 

“Why yes, of course. What do you want for today?

 

“Superhero!”

 

“Then superheroes it is!” Nayeon pretends to fly away as her students try to catch her before grabbing a book and the children sitting around her. Meanwhile, three children were busy at the back, minding their own business.

 

“Still! Nayeon unnie doesn’t have any idea how my sister likes her.” Sana pouts, as Tzuyu and Dahyun are preoccupied with their teacher’s story telling.

 

“But at least there’s an improvement, right?” Tzuyu asks, glancing at Sana before returning her gaze to their teacher.

 

“Yeah, but I feel like Jisoo unnie is still not telling the truth because she’s enjoying Mina unnie suffer so much.” Sana crosses her arms, mind flying somewhere and not listening to a bit what the story is for today.

 

“Let them do those themselves.” Dahyun says, plopping down at the floor and using her tiny hands as support for her tiny head. “They’re grown-ups. They know what to do.”

 

“But Dahyunnie, my sister is not making any move she’s like a useless chess piece!”

 

“Useless chess piece? Sana unnie can’t you find any other words other than chess piece? What kind of—“

 

“Then boom!” Nayeon claps her hands together, looking at her students who has their mouth opened and eyes wide. “The villain is defeated!”

 

Loud cheers form the students erupt and Nayeon giggles before noticing that the bell rang already. As always, they aboard the happy train and go outside and wait for their parents except Jisoo is already there to pick Sana up and left.

 

It’s alright. Nayeon thinks, it’s not like she’s sad that her moments with the cute child is gone but it’s alright she says again, even if Mina wasn’t the one to fetch her little sister. And it’s not like she’s sad again that she didn’t see Mina.

 

She returns to the room and starts arranging her things, since she’ll be staying a bit later, to help arrange the events about the school fair. She was working peacefully on her desk, not until Minhyuk comes and brings a small carton of milk on Nayeon’s table.

 

“It’s for the other day. I was informed you got sick and I was lucky I wasn’t but now you’re fine can we go out again?” Minhyuk asks, as he shows off his smirk to whom many teachers have already fallen for but not Nayeon. She only falls for people with gummy smiles. And that was such a d*ck move to ask someone out.

 

Nayeon smiles hesitantly, feeling uncomfortable all of a sudden. “I don’t mean to offend you Minhyuk-ssi but I don’t like you that way. I don’t want to hurt you and give you false hopes but I don’t see you that way.”

 

“Oh.” was all Minhyuk could utter.

 

“Yeah, uhm. Sorry about that. Look, it’s my time to go home already so uhm yeah? See you around.” Nayeon fastens her pace as she arranged her things and tucked them inside her bag before rushing out of the school.

 

“I’ll just do the planning at home…” she trails off before walking back, not prepared for what’s about to happen.

 

****

 

“You’re courting someone? Or someone is courting you? What’s with the flowers?” Mina asks, after doing check-ups for a patient just a while ago. Luckily, that was their last for the day and only a few minutes time and they’re ready to go. A nurse had to asked Mina’s sign for some paper before leaving, letting Momo come up with an excuse or something.

 

“Uhm… I just think they’re beautiful. Don’t you think they’re beautiful?”

 

Then a text messaged pop up, coming from none other than Jisoo, ‘she’s near! give her the damn flowers!’

 

“You want them? It’s alright you can have them here! Bye! It’s yours! Don’t worry I won’t bother with that anyway.” That last thing Mina hears before she knows she’s being pushed out of the clinic.

 

****

 

Nayeon was walking peacefully. Not really since she knows she’ll be passing by the clinic and unsure if she’ll see Mina or not but that’s not to worry since she saw the doctor being pushed out from the clinic and Nayeon was only steps away from it and before she knows it, a wide-eyed Mina is in front of her.

 

“H-Hi? Doc Myoui?” Nayeon waves her hand awkwardly, doesn’t really think about how near her and Mina’s faces are and how Mina is literally staring directly at Nayeon and how Nayeon’s heart is doing those things again.

 

Mina scratches the back of her nape, before stepping backwards but doesn’t tear off her gaze at Nayeon. “Hi… uhm. Miss Im? What are you doing here?”

 

Nayoen raises a brow, “Doc Myoui, I always walk back home. Except that time when you offered me a ride but I should be the one to ask you that? Am I seeing things or did I just see you pushed out from the clinic?”

 

“Oh that?” Mina chuckles, and Nayeon was sure she glared behind her before smiling at Nayeon again. “Momo is just… she’s just messing with me.” Mina says as she fidgets with the flower that’s in front of her.

 

“That’s beautiful.” Nayeon means the flower, but it could also mean the person holding it.

 

“Not as beautiful as you, though.” Mina mumbles, looking at the flowers before looking up to see Nayeon puffing her cheeks. If only Mina knew how much Nayeon wanted to evaporate then and there. She would if she could, unfortunately all she could do right now is be in a daze.

 

“E-excuse me, Doc Myoui?” Nayeon had to assure herself she wasn’t hearing things, and it was only proven when Mina speaks again.

 

“I mean it, Miss Im. You’re beautiful.”

 

Nayeon had to calm herself with every energy she has. Is this not a dream? How could someone say she’s beautiful with her curly hair, and her glasses that she only sometimes wear but still often that people know she has bad eyesight. And wait Mina just told me I’m beautiful?????

 

She feels her heart race with the possibility of her fainting if not that she breathed deeply before uttering, “You shouldn’t say that Doc Myoui. Your girlfriend will be jealous.” Nayeon laughed, but only a fool would know that it was forced and only an excuse for Mina to not hear the loud beating of her heart.

 

My poor heart is going to fail me soon.

 

Mina knew this was coming. She wanted to clear things to Nayeon because she doesn’t want the teacher to have false beliefs of something not existing at all. To be honest, Mina has a hard time breathing. She couldn’t believe she just said that without thinking, it just slipped of her lips at the moment because it was true. Nayeon is really more beautiful than the flowers.

 

“Miss Im,” Mina starts off slowly. Forgetting the fact that Momo might be recording this or anything, she just doesn’t care. “I don’t have a girlfriend.”

 

“What?”

 

But I wouldn’t mind it if it’s you. Mina thinks but keeps her freaking mouth shut instead.

 

“Oh. Wait what? But the… that woman she told me—“

 

“That I’m her girlfriend? Sure, she’s a very close friend of mine, Miss Im. And it’s been a habit for her to say that, because she just couldn’t find any excuses. She just wants to spend time with Sana, and she ended up saying that, her name’s Kim Jisoo. I haven’t had the chance to clear it but I’m very much single.” Mina laughs and Nayeon smiles so wide she bit her lip to prevent herself from looking so happy at the news.

 

What she didn’t know is that made Mina weak on the knees.

 

“I- uhh… You can have this.” Mina tried to desperately change the topic since Nayeon looking at her like that and doing that with her lips isn’t really helping.

 

“Really?”

 

Mina nodded, handing the flowers to Nayeon.

 

Both were engulfed in a comfortable silence yet both were silently suffering too. It’s not helping with how cold the weather is, both their cheeks were red and warm.

 

“Thank you for this. It’s the first time someone has given me flowers.” Nayeon smiled, showing that bunny smile to Mina, which she couldn’t help, but reply with a smile as well. But what she couldn’t believe is how is this the first time Miss Im is receiving a flower?

 

“Oh wow. Glad to be the first on something.”

 

“I love flowers a lot. Well, thank you for this Doc Myoui, I’m going to treasure this.” Nayeon smiles before smelling the flowers and Mina thinks this moment is picture-worthy. It takes all of Mina’s will to not melt at the moment. That would be too embarrassing.

 

“Well, careful on your way home.” Mina says. Stepping aside and letting Nayeon walked away. She could only watch Nayeon’s disappearing figure, but the smile on her face remains.

 

Maybe, this time. She’ll really treat her friends out to dinner, maybe their plan really did worked this time. Because Nayeon hasn’t stopped smiling as she walks down the road.