Chapter 5: Flower Garden (Part 1)

Reminisce: Golden Times
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

August 13. Jaemin's Birthday.

It is Saturday, a special day for Jaemin because he will turn 19 now. Perhaps it is his turn to enter the adulting stage of his life. Nothing can compare when it comes to Jaemin's birthdays. His birthday celebrations went well with his friends: Mark, Jeno, Chenle, Jisung and Renjun. Life is unfair that the bond created that they expect to last long may vanish at the end of the day. Little did he know that the other five members misses him, too. But to no avail, there were no contacts for the both sides. In short, the communication barely happened. As for him and Donghyuck, it is also hard for them to accept their fate because they were together. Luckily. Because if Donghyuck didn't exist, his life will be dull without the presence of the one and only, Lee Donghyuck.

The cold morning breeze starts to roam around the city, the sun shines brighter compared than yesterday, the birds were chirping on their respective habitats, and the sound of horns from the vehicles can be heard along the vicinity. It is eight o' clock in the morning, and some kind of rush hour for others who has different obligations to do during the day. To be honest, Jaemin really hates loud noises except for his Mom and Donghyuck's alarming voice. 

Little did he know that his mom prepared something for his special day beforehand. Now, his room is decorated with Birthday Themed designs and some balloons that says, "Happy Birthday, Nana". Thanks to technological advancements because that kind of charade will not happen despite that him and his mom have generation gap. The walls were covered by photograps when he was young, when he was with his friends, and of course his love of his life (which is Jeno). But mostly of the photos were him and Jeno. His mom knows that Jaemin loves Jeno in the first place. When they were still living in the busy city of Seoul, Jaemin used to become happier than the current situation. They used to go shopping, play arcades and watch movies with his "Nono". But if it wasn't for his mom who has company related tasks, who urges to move in with Donghyuck since the latter's province is Daegu, they have no reason to push themselves and move out immediately in the first place.

Jaemin is still sleeping on his queen sized bed, with pink pillow covers and a mini-table comprising of a fragile flower vase, lousy alarm clock for him to wake up and white-colored picture frames showing some nostalgic pictures of him and Jeno, as well as his other friends. He sleeps in a comfortable position on the left side facing the window, and a sight of an electric post outside their house. 

A few minutes later, the sound of the lousy alarm clock is heard around the room, hinting that he should wake up at this hour. He opened his eyes gently looking at the sight of the sun reflection towards his face. Then, he slightly move his arms around the bed for some kind of exercise. His eyes widen in shock to see that there are some decorations around his room. He tried to recall the things happened yesterday, but there's no presentation of memory on his mind during the moments yesterday with Donghyuck. Or maybe in his thought, his mom prepared this for him. He roams around the room looking at the photograps of his friends, and his best friend named Jeno. Pile of memories have taken aback on his mind about what happened during the shot being taken. He just smiled looking at the pictures full of reminisce and happiness, by that, he felt happier at the sight of everyone who is close to him in a room full of a photo finish. He sensed that there is something great that will happen during the day. 

Looking at the pictures, a knock can be heard on the door. "Come in." Jaemin commanded. As the door starts to open, he noticed a cake handed by his best friend, Donghyuck with a pink cat designed headband with Jaemin's image on both sides, and starts to sing the birthday song for Jaemin. "Happy Birthday, Jaemin! Happy Birthday~ Happy Birthday~ Happy Birthday to you!" Donghyuck sings the song wholeheartedly, showing the love and pure friendship towards his friend for god so long. Donghyuck shows the cake that says, "Happy Birthday to our lovely angel, Nana~ from: Donghyuck" and of course with pink decorations around the cake. Jaemin is a pink enthusiast, so the latter knows what to design on his cake beforehand.

Jaemin claps at the moment when Donghyuck serenaded him a birthday song, his lips form a smile showing how grateful he is to have Donghyuck on his life. "Enough of the drama, Nana. Make a wish, immediately. The candles maybe off as soon as possible." Donghyuck exclaimed, Jaemin nods and starts to intertwine his hands and closes his eyes. Donghyuck is just waiting for Jaemin to blow off the candle, so he waits until the younger is finished. What are his wishes anyway? Donghyuck thought to himself as curiousity for Jaemin's birthday wish hits him, but then he doesn't want to jinx everything, so he let himself to go with the force of nature. 

In Jaemin's perspective, his thoughts are only related to Jeno and their other friends. Of course, there are thoughts for his health and wealth of his family and the others around him. Jaemin is known as the most selfless person in the squad, Renjun admitted the fact when they were in a camp during high school days. It is true that he cares for others, and gives them a chance to prove themselves whatever activity they maketh. He opened his eyes, looking at the sight of impatient Donghyuck because of his worry for the candles. "Just blow the candles, Nana. It won't take long." as Donghyuck is in a rush because he is scared that the cake might be ruined. Little did he know that Donghyuck baked the cake when they were still in the bakeshop yesterday, and hid the cake where Jaemin can't figure out its whereabouts. Jaemin chuckled, a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter