Chapter 1

Reminisce: Golden Times
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                The day started with a blue clouds turning into pink that rain is about to happen anytime. In the province of Daegu, there is a boy who named Jaemin. He is a 16-year old boy who is tall enough for a teenager; and lives with a good lifestyle even though its different compared to metropolitan places such as Gangnam and Seoul. He moved to Daegu after he graduated high school and decided not to continue his studies anymore as he thought that it is enough to acquire knowledge for a young boy so he did it. 8 o’ clock in the morning at his 3-storey building (or his house rather), he woke up by his mother to go down for breakfast and soon he did before his mother turn into a beast.

                “Good morning, my baby.” His mother greeted him as soon as he went downstairs. ‘This is going to be a long day, indeed... phew’ he thought. Instead of saying sarcastic words he used a polite greeting towards the elder to show respect. He rarely speak on his house and just keeping himself comfortable to his bed all day long. The atmosphere is different from what he expect.

                “How’s your sleep, my darling?” His mother asked him with a smile on her face. She seemed to be happy today and the young boy probably don’t know what’s got into her today that made her smile. “I had a dream.” He replied with a confused look. His mother asked about it but he refused to tell what he had dreamed of. Few minutes later, the meal is ready and good to go. That is the time that Jaemin must not wait like he used to wait before, like 30 minutes until the meal was cooked.

                Her mother noticed his son with a sad expression while eating his food. ‘He looks so dull today...' she thought. She noticed that her son is about to puke rainbows anytime. She doesn’t want to see his son like that and few minutes later, she asked his son: “You look sad today, Nana. What happened?” with a confused look in her face. The boy had no response and continued to eat that he supposed to answer her question. She decided to continue her food and deal with the awkward atmosphere between them.

                After they finished their food, her mother asked Jaemin to clean his room before going to his shop. Jaemin has a bakeshop near the seashore because he loves baking and instead of continuing his studies, he decided to establish his own business that’s why his shop was created. Jaemin went upstairs going to his room to clean. He barely cleaned his room for almost a week because he’s tired baking cakes to deliver today for his clients nearby. Before he proceed, he opened his laptop and checked his playlist to play. The speaker is ready and everything is good to go. As the music started, he grabbed his vacuum and a rug to clean because he wants to make sure that everything is clean while he’s cleaning. He even grabbed a broom and used it as his microphone to sing the song that was being played.

                As he continued to clean his room, he noticed that the time is 9:45 AM and his shop needs to be opened at 11:00 AM today. He rushed to clean his room like ‘the flash’ and few moments later, the room is now clean. He sprayed his room with a mosquito repellent for him not to catch a flu. He is a health conscious and he’s like a girl who is meticulous at everything. After that, he goes to his bathroom to wash himself up while the song continues to play and the funny thing is that he’s singing again while doing his thing.

                As he continued to wash himself, he heard that his phone is ringing and it’s probably his one of the client or his buddy who is waiting at the front of his shop. He grabbed his towel and his clothes to wear them on. The phone is ringing for 5 times and at this moment, he already answered.

                /on the other line/

              “Hey! I’m calling you like five times already and yet you didn’t answer.” He heard a familiar voice which it turned to be his buddy. His buddy named Haechan is used to be his classmate during high school and he moved with Jaemin because their parents want to continue their life on the province.

                “I’m so sorry, I’m just done cleaning my room and I took a shower. Sorry~” Jaemin replied showing his aegyo through the line which Haechan is probably annoyed of. And he continued, “So... what’s up?”

              “There’s a new client who wants to order a blueberry cheesecake. Come on and hurry! or else you’ll lose this chance, buddy” he replied. Jaemin’s hormone is rushed up and continues to wear his clothes while he’s talking to his buddy.

                 “Okay, okay. I’ll be there in ten minutes.”  He said. “Sure. I’ll just tell to our client to wait for you. I have to turn this off, buddy. Bye~” as he bid his last words before he ended the call. Few moments later, Jaemin is done and he grabbed his bag. But he forgot to turn his laptop off so he took his time to turn them off to avoid his mother’s armalite ceremony and he grabbed his iPod before going downstairs. As he went downstairs, he saw his mother preparing his lunch with his two-liter bottle of water because he probably eat his dinner in the house.

               “Here’s your lunch, Nana. Don’t forget to drink a lot of water because it’s hot today.” She said. His son smiled as a thank you for everything that she done for him today. Before he go outside, he kissed his mother’s cheeks and hugged her. After that, he grabbed his keys and prepare his bike that he’s been using for 8 years already. While he is preparing, his mother asked him.

                  “Nana, why are you using this bike and it’s like you used this for ages. I can buy you a new one though.” She asked her son.

                 “Mom, I can handle this bike. Look, it’s still good as brand new so there’s no need to waste money again for a new one.” He replied. “If that’s what you want, then I’ll not buy. Just tell me if its broken so I can fix it, dear.” She offered her help to his son and the younger smiled. Few moments later, the bike is good to go and he bid his goodbye to his mother. “Have a great day, son!” she screamed while Jaemin is in the middle of driving his bike off.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter