Part 1 (daejae)

Take Me Away (Short Story)

 

Youngjae put down the paperwork and stretched himself, releasing all the tense muscles. He looked around the house and realized that everyone had already went to bed. It’s been a rough day for the team. Yongguk came back with a broken arm whilst Himchan came back with a broken wrist. Their two best members were down and it might as well be a bad news for the others.

 

On the other hand, Youngjae was still wasn’t ready to be on his mission. He had been doing all these paperwork for almost 4 months now because he was traumatized by his last mission. He wasn’t the one who can actually stand gore scenes. That’s why his mission was something simple and usually he used snipers to do his work. Quiet and clean. That was his motto.

 

The boy went to the kitchen to grab some soda to drink. He still have tons of paperwork to settle down since his partner; Junhong, was on a mission at Jeju for 2 days. Even the maknae was braver than he was. Youngjae shook his head and chugged down the soda.

 

“Aren’t asleep yet?”

 

He turned around to see the owner of the voice. It was Daehyun’s. Youngjae smiled and shook his head. “I still have load of paperwork to settle by tonight.” he told him. Daehyun nodded and went to the fridge. “Looking for sodas?” Youngjae asked. The latter nodded. “Took the last one,” he chuckled and left the kitchen.

 

“Youngjae?”

 

Youngjae stopped and turned around. “It’s going to be alright.” Daehyun said. That made Youngjae kinda down but he fake a smile. “I know it’s hard. You can start with me if you want,” Daehyun said, trying to convince him. Youngjae nodded. “I’ll start on Monday. But we’re doing it my way.” he said a bit coldly and left Daehyun.

 

“Youngjae?”

 

This time, Youngjae only stopped but didn’t turned around. He waited for Daehyun to finish his sentence. “You know I love you, right?”

 

And Youngjae walked away, smiling. Of course I do, you idiot..

 

 

 

**

 

 

 

Youngjae finally finished all the paperwork and sent it to Yongguk’s room to be send to the Head Leader. He usually wants it monthly but for some reasons, he changed it to weekly. So it kinda burden the members. Now they have to work harder even after they finished their job. However, the payment for each mission went up almost a lot. Of course, Jongup’s the one who’s in love with this work. He’s the only one who come back home once a week and the other 6 days he will be out doing those jobs.

 

After putting down the papers, he sat on the living room. Daehyun left the house earlier today and he said he would be back around dinner and he wanted to bring Youngjae along so they can also discuss about his next mission. He was still awkward with these kind of stuffs and he was scared. Everytime he wanted to start his life back, that scene haunted him back. Dragging him back to square one.

 

He cant believe he lost in one and only family member when he was supposed to be her guardian. Youngji, his younger sister joined the team because she was sick with her life. She really did worked hard to be where she was that day. However, it was his mistake. He blamed everything on himself. They went to Europe to handle this one mission along with Yongguk and Jongup. It was one of their big mission of the year. Himchan, Daehyun and Junhong went to United State for their mission.

 

It was that time when he was zoning out from the reality, he saw how brutally his little sister was caught by three men. One of them was holding a dagger and in a matter of seconds, they slit opened and shot her countless of times. Everything happened right in front of his eyes. He could vividly remember how he touched all her blood, screaming to her to stay alive but everything was too late.

 

Later that day, Daehyun came back with some food. Daehyun would always bring back nice food… for him to eat. However, nowadays, since he made the second most money after Jongup, he tended to bring a lot of good stuffs home. “Youngjae,” he called. Youngjae knew what’s going to happen next so he went to the dining table and sat down.

 

Daehyun sat across him and took out the food he brought back home. “Eat,” he said. Youngjae shrugged and ate. Whatever he brought back, it tasted hella good. “Have you think about it?” Daehyun asked as he took a sip on the orange juice. Youngjae nodded. Effortlessly, a smile was drawn across Daehyun’s face.

 

Excitedly, the boy took out papers. “Here. You can choose either one and we’ll go together. I promise, I’ll watch over you.” Daehyun said. Youngjae smiled. “You still need to help me handling all those weapons.” Youngjae said, in a teasing manner. Daehyun stood up and walked to the sink to wash his glass. “Don’t worry. I’ll do anything to make you happy.”

 

Youngjae laughed hearing those words from Daehyun. He was cheesy but sometimes, his cringe-worthy lines can go to hell along with his handsomeness. Out of the blue, Daehyun came running to Youngjae. He cupped Youngjae’s face and pecked his cheek before running away. “Be happy Yoo Youngjae!” he screamed all the way to his room.

 

Youngjae chuckled. “Dumb.”

 

 

 

Part 1 The End.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: this is my first time wirting a . i can endure any BAP otps tho but not too much lmao