Part 3

Take Me Away (Short Story)

Daehyun was panicking as he ran outside from the house and drove back to the warehouse. He needed to ask them if they know anything. Nobody can come inside their house just like that. Only the members knew the password to their room. Yes, their room has a password if someone wants to enter.

 

Throughout the ride, he almost collided with 4 cars and 2 motorcycles but he didn’t give a damn about it. When he was about to make a turn to enter the warehouse, his phone rang loudly in his jeans’ pocket. He stepped on the break and the car halted into a stop. He took out his phone and answered the mysterious call.

 

“It’s useless….” the other person said on the other line. His voice was hoarse but it sounded fake. Daehyun tightened his grip on the steering wheels and spoke with his gritted teeth. “Where the is Jiae?” he asked. The guy on the line laughed. That evil laugh made him cringe and on the same time, it made his anger reached to the maximum level. “Tell me!” he screamed.

 

“The other warehouse on the west of Myeongdeong. It’s on top of the hills where you can see the view of the city. Meet you there in 2 hours, Daehyunnie..” he snickered and hang up.

 

Daehyun stared at the screen of his phone. This is insane.. he thought to himself. Just when he was about to drive, he received a text message from the man. It almost made him throw his phone outside of the car.

 

don’t you dare call your members or she will die.  

 

Angry, he drove away.

 

 

 

 

It was as if the night was sad for him, there was no stars in the sky and the wind was too cold for his leather jacket to handle. He walked towards the warehouse. True, the view there was very nice. It was a great getaway for anyone to be honest. The wind blew harder and made him shivered. He hugged himself and his eyes caught the glimpse of the ring on his finger.

 

He cant believe that he’s really facing this. He bet that one of them will die tonight and he had not guts to witness his love ones die infront of his own eyes. The mere thought of it made his chest hurt. He was barely breathing already by the time he reached in front of the warehouse’s door. Instead of opening it with his hand, he kicked it opened. He took out his gun and pointed in front of him, checking the place.

 

He entered the dark, cold warehouse. The warehouse smelled like rotten steel and it hurt his nose everytime he breathed in. “Jung Jiae!” he shouted. He wanted to call her that even if they’re not practically married yet. He knew that that day wont happen. He had a strong feeling of it.

 

As he walked deeper inside the warehouse, he heard some muffled noises. He fastened his pace to the sound. When he got closer to the noise, he saw a small door and the noise got louder. Quickly, he opened the door and saw a girl being tied down to a chair.

 

Daehyun’s heart literally broke into pieces. Jiae’s right hand was bleeding since the man cut off her finger and sent it to him. Her clothes were ripped here and there and there were so many bruises and cuts on her face and body. She looked to thin and pale too. He ran towards her and hugged her. “Jiae ah..” he mumbled. Jiae rested her head on his chest. “Daehyun ah..” she said softly.

 

Daehyun cupped both of her cheeks and stared into her eyes. “I’m sorry I took so long to come here…” he said, crying. Just when he was about to untie the rope, someone shot his shin. Screaming, he fell to the floor. “NO!” Jiae screamed, struggling to get off from the chair.

 

The man laughed so loud out it echoed throughout the space. Daehyun turned around to see who it was. The shock was real he cant believe out of all humans in the world it was him.

 

The man push his hoodie off and revealed his face. It was Junhong. “You’re surprised hyung?” Junhong said as he fixed his hair and grinned like a lunatic. “Your Jiae was really nice. And tight too..” he winked at her, making Daehyun boiling even more. Trying to stand up, Junhong laughed and shot his leg again. At the same spot. Daehyun cried in pain.

 

“Everyone looked down on me. Treat me like baby when I deserve better. And out of all, I am so jealous of you, Jung Daehyun. How can you live life so innocently? don’t you know what’s happening around you? don’t you know what she had been doing behind you?”

 

Daehyun frowned in confusion. What is this talking about..he looked at Jiae and she was looking down in guilt. He turned back to look at Junhong. “What the are you talking about?” he said in between his gritted teeth. Junhong laughed and shot Jiae at her right shoulder. The girl screamed on top of her lungs. Daehyun wanted to move closer but fail to do so because both of his legs had been shot.

 

“The only reason why she’s with us is for money. She doesn’t love you even a bit. She had been using you, Jung Daehyun. Same goes to the rest of us but you’re ing blind and you cant see what she had been doing!” he raised his voice in anger. Junhong’s eyes reflected nothing but pain and anger. It scared Daehyun for some reasons because maknae never get this mad and this is just over the top.

 

“She ed everyone else in the group after making them drunk. She went out alone. That you call your wife, wouldnt dare to touch me because she knew that I knew about her all this time. If you don’t believe me, you ask her on your own! Oh and guess what, she likes Jongup more than she likes you!!”

 

Daehyun turned to look at Jiae. He could legitimately felt as his heart being crushed down along with dreams of having a happy family. He cant believe that the love of his life did that to him. ing his own friends behind his back. Junhong moved forward and pressed the cold tip against her forehead.

 

At that moment, Daehyun was going crazy. It might be true what Junhong said but it might as well be all made up just to make him mad at her. Junhong pulled the slide and it made a loud click sound. He then pressed harder against her forehead but his eyes was straight watching Daehyun. “You know what..”

 

In a blink of an eye, Junhong pulled the trigger except the gun was aimed at Daehyun’s head. The bullet went through his head and that was it. The last thing he saw was her. The horror on her face.

 

“I lied. I just hate you, Daehyunnie Hyung,” Junhong said with an evil smirk.

 

“You should just die, Choi Junhong,” Jiae said and snapped her hands off from the rope that she had been trying to cut for the past hours. She stood up and charged towards Junhong. It was hard for her to walk but she forced herself to do so. She can’t let Daehyun died for nothing.

 

Jiae literally threw herself to Junhong and hit him as hard as she can. She grabbed the gun and quickly aimed at his neck. “One more move, I shoot,” she threatened. Instead of being scared, Junhong laughed. “Do you think I care? Shoot me.. SHOOT ME IF YOU DA-”

 

PANG!

 

 

Jiae got off from Junhong’s body and went to Daehyun’s. crying, she hold him softly. He was still breathing and she could see that his eyes moved slowly. “Daehyun ah..” she pleaded softly. “Please.. the world doesnt mean a thing without you in it..” she held his hand tighter in hers. Daehyun couldn’t speak and his breathing began to slow down.

 

For some reasons, she wanted to tell the other members where they were. She grabbed the phone from Daehyun’s pocket and message Yongguk. After doing so, she dropped the phone and took the gun. She slowly pulled the slide and aimed the tip at the side of her head.

 

“My world had died… so what’s the reason for me to live, right?”

 

 

 

The End

 

 

 

A/N: Plot twist? what do you think of th ending?

i will post the daejae part soon. it might be a little rated but who knows ! thank you for reading and subscribing!

i would love to read the comments!