Final

Passing Smiles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IMPORTANT NOTE : PLEASE TAKE THIS VERY SERIOUSLY AND PLAY THE VIDEO FILE ABOVE TO CREATE THE PERFECT ATMOSPHERE. I PICKED OUT THE BEST ONE SO, PLEASE GIVE IT A LISTEN WHILE READING THE STORY. Even put it on loop cause this is looong!

 

Taeyeon was in the kitchen, preparing instant ramen for herself because all she wanted to eat was that.  She zoned out something she was used to and did not realise that the water had come to a boil a while ago. The hot water overflowed and she flinched when it hit her hand. She shook her hand and bit her tongue in frustration. 

Not again.

She hissed and cursed, rubbing her soft hand repeatedly against her sleeve. She turned off the stove and exhaled. The blonde stared at the boiled water and then to the opened packet of ramen. “I don’t feel like eating it anymore,” Taeyeon mumbled to herself. She was craving for the noodle soup for hours and now that when she finally got up to make it, she just didn’t feel like having it.

 

Taeyeon shivered and looked behind her, she felt as if someone was watching her and maybe that’s why she wasn’t hungry anymore. Taeyeon took an ice-cream carton from her fridge and decided to finish it all. She was putting the chocolate desert on hold for a long time, it was going to hit the expiry date. Taeyeon rarely ever left the house to get groceries, she usually ordered a lot from store and they delivered it to her.

That's why the ice-cream was left, she finished the other dozens tubs that she was delivered. 

 

“When is she showing up?” Taeyeon frowned and went back into the living room, sitting down on the couch, staring at the TV in-front of her. Taeyeon had only looked away for a second when she glanced at the clock when the sound of the TV turning on was heard by her. Taeyeon snapped her head up to see Running Man playing. Taeyeon sighed and complained, 


“Same episode again, Fany?” Taeyeon grumbled when Tiffany sat down beside her. Taeyeon frowned and puffed her cheeks, "I think you’re loosing way too much weight. The couch doesn't sink under your weight like it does with me.” Tiffany laughed at that and smiled, looking down at the ice-cream carton in Taeyeon’s hand. 

 

“Stop eating so much sugar, babe.” Tiffany joked lightly. Taeyeon didn't answer to that and continued to eat it, "You never listen to me..." Tiffany said in a upset tone. "Why don't you ever listen to me?" She repeated.

 

 There was silence between them before Taeyeon said, “Why are we watching the same episode again? Please remind me.” Taeyeon complained again, taking a mouthful of the ice-cream. Taeyeon didn’t know why but she just liked eating so much sugar. It somehow made her feel warm even when it was cold. It comforted her. People usually turned to sweets when they feel lonely and sad but for Taeyeon– let’s just say she had a sugar tooth. She liked it a lot and who said only sad people can eat it on daily basis?

 

“Yah, you know how much I love this.” Taeyeon responded, none of them were paying attention to the screen even when they were looking at it. The older female glanced at the clock. 

 

“And don’t even get me started on what time it is.” She glanced at the clock. It was three hours passed midnight. “Why can’t you spare me some of your precious time during the day. Tiffany only smiled at that and giggled.

 

“You know how busy I get.” Tiffany gave her a reason and crinkled her nose, scooting closer to the older female and wrapping a protective arm around her. Snuggling close, Taeyeon felt warm and cold at the same time and she thought that maybe the ice-cream she finished earlier was the cause of that.

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany didn’t exchange any words after that and Taeyeon didn’t know why but when she woke up- she was on her bed, a warm blanket around her. Taeyeon smiled, her girlfriend was too strong for her own good. Taeyeon said it because she was usually the one who was the guy around the house but instead it was Tiffany. It was always Tiffany’s greatest desire to work and earn money for them, but something came in the way of that.

It was something important, but Taeyeon couldn't recall and put a finger on it.

 

Taeyeon frowned and continued inside her head, but that didn’t matter because she was doing it now. And she didn’t have time for Taeyeon anymore, “What a workaholic, stealing my title.” Taeyeon grumbled and got off the bed to get dressed for work.

 

 

 


“You look like you’re in a good mood, Kim Taeyeon-sshi.” Taeyeon’s co-worker, Byun Baekhyun approached her and tried to wrap an arm around her but he withdrew that quickly after he saw how cold and icy Taeyeon’s stare was. He mumbled a quick sorry and took a step back. He shivered and shook his head.

“Did something good happen?” Taeyeon’s friend, Sunny asked because she was curious as well. She was relived because Taeyeon rarely ever smiled. Sunny was a good friend to Taeyeon, she had been through Taeyeon's good and bad times. Mostly bad times because Taeyeon had to face those a lot in her life. 

But, seeing her smile like that put Sunny's heart at peace.

“I think she finally got herself a lover.” Added, Baekhyun with a smirk. He was a goofy guy that liked to joke around but it made Taeyeon feel weird because she knew he had a crush on her. She gave him a look again, shutting him up again but broke out in a smile when she thought about her girlfriend.

 

“Maybe I did.” Taeyeon pursed her lips thin and played along and Sunny instantly started squealing.

“Oh my gosh! Really? Finally, I thought you’d never-“ As if something had suddenly dawned upon Sunny, she turned her head to Baekhyun looking him dead straight in the eye. 

“I almost forgot! Why am I so stupid?” Sunny said, confusing the two people present in the room. Taeyeon was about to question what is she talking about but Baekhyun beat her to it.

 

“What did you forget?”

 

“I was supposed to meet Hyoyeon!” Baekhyun shook his head, exchanging glances with Taeyeon, and she just shrugged back.

 

“I think you’re mistaken, the dinner was due tomorrow.” Sunny furrowed her brows, and responded back.

 

“Shush, I didn’t ask you.” She grabbed her hand-bag and left in a hurry.

Baekhyun and Taeyeon both were confused because she bolted out of the blue but Baekhyun was quick to change the topic of discussion, “Aigoo, I can tell you stay up at night. Just look at yourself in the mirror. You have dark circles under your eyes.” He earned a huge smack on the head and left his head throbbing in pain.

 

“Yah, go to hell. No one asked for your opinion.” If there was one thing Taeyeon was insecure about was her visuals. Even though she had nothing to worry about and Tiffany was always the one to reassure her that she was the prettiest girl in the world.

 

 

 

The next time Taeyeon was able to see Tiffany was when she was done watching a really sad movie, 'Me Before You'. Taeyeon was never the one to cry but it made her sob alone for days. Tiffany was busy with something and she couldn't see her until much later. As always, she found her at night. “Finally, Tiffany.” Taeyeon said as she held the hand-phone against her ear as she talked to Tiffany who was standing in the cherry blossom garden a distance far. The surroundings were too surreal. 

Everything looked so bizarre. 

The lights were on, making the atmosphere very magical, their were butterflies in the area too some were sparkling while the others were flying around randomly around Taeyeon. "See they like me more than you." Taeyeon said noticing the creatures were circling around her and not Tiffany.

"What took you so long to meet up? But, since you picked a nice place to meet... I'll let it go."

 

“Yah, it took me effort to do that but since it’s you, I managed.” Tiffany responded back and waved. Taeyeon smiled even though she couldn’t see it and cut off the call, running towards the girl. Tiffany somehow saw it coming when Taeyeon came sprinting and tackled her to the grassy ground. Both fell down and Taeyeon was quick to take Tiffany’s arm and using it as a pillow. She snuggled her arm around her waist and nestled her face against Tiffany. The younger let out a series of laughter before turning to face Taeyeon. 


“You smell so darn good!” Taeyeon hollered in excitement, something she always did and it was very true because Tiffany smelt like the place they were in– just like cherry blossoms. Tiffany smiled at that and caressed Taeyeon’s cheek, admiring how beautiful she was.

 

“You’re eyes look very pretty.” Tiffany mumbled into her ears making Taeyeon shiver and blush. “I don’t see anything wrong with you, you’re just imperfectly perfect as always.” And, as always somehow Tiffany knew exactly what to say.

 

“You’re just being nice… look at my dark circles, they are hideous.” Tiffany frowned before placing a quick kiss on Taeyeon’s closed eye lids and it left Taeyeon baffled and blushing like a mad woman. Taeyeon hid her face in embarrassment and was the first one to giggle.

“You’re too cheesy, Hwang.” Taeyeon shyly replied back and a stealthy smile, like a beautiful passing cloud crossed the lips of Tiffany and the world fell away for Taeyeon. It was just two of them. Taeyeon suddenly felt tired and she closed her eyes, enveloping the warmth of Tiffany. 

 

Taeyeon woke up again to see herself in her bed, same time. It was a dream, but Taeyeon giggled because it meant that she'd get to see her girl. 

 

 Taeyeon jumped out of the bed and darted outside the room in excitement and there she was. Tired as if she had just come home from work. “You came!” Taeyeon said and jumped into Tiffany’s arms. They both stayed in each others embrace before Tiffany pulled away and took Taeyeon’s small hand, placing a wet kiss on it. Taeyeon wanted to discuss with Tiffany to quit her work because honestly, other than the fact that they barely had time to spend together- Tiffany came home looking worse each time. 

And that worried Taeyeon. A lot. 

Taeyeon was about to peck the younger on the lips when the light above them flickered, Taeyeon pouted because the dimming light ruined the mood for them.

“Aigooo.” Taeyeon complained and looked at Tiffany because usually she was the one who fixed whenever something like it happened. Tiffany just stared back at Taeyeon. 

“What are you looking at me for, Hwang?” Taeyeon said trying to hide her annoyance that she didn’t get to kiss her but she brushed it aside because they had time for it later. They didn’t get to do romantic things often because whenever Taeyeon was with Tiffany, she was quick to fall asleep. She only blamed herself for it.

 

“You do it.” Tiffany stated, looking into her eyes, “Fix it… yourself.” Her words hung in the atmosphere before Taeyeon mumbled in a inaudible tone.

 

“Are you making fun of my height?”  Tiffany laughed at that, placing her hands on Taeyeon’s shoulders, and then laughed again because of how tiny Taeyeon was. She shut up instantly when Taeyeon gestured to punch her, obviously joking and then both of them laughed together.


“I’m not making fun of you, but I want you to do it.” Taeyeon thought for a second and looked at the continuous flickering light.

 

“Okay, I’ll do it.” It wasn’t much of a challenge because there was always a stool lying around for her to use. After a few moments, as Tiffany continued to watch Taeyeon climb up and twist the light a little. The light illuminated the room again like it wasn’t broken at all. Taeyeon stared at it for a while. “What’s up with this.” Taeyeon mumbled and climbed down. “I thought I was going to need to change but I guess it works in our favour.” Taeyeon glanced at Tiffany who was looking at Taeyeon.

 

“Good fix, hubby.” Taeyeon chuckled at that.

 

“Come here.” Tiffany spread her arms and Taeyeon quickly hugged her back. Taeyeon could feel how tired Tiffany was feeling.Taeyeon placed her chin on Tiffany’s chest and looked up at her, love in her eyes. “Let’s just go to sleep for tonight.” 

 

“Thank you, Taeyeon.”

 

 

"Oh, look who decided to come back home." Taeyeon said looking at the dog in Tiffany's embrace. Taeyeon walked over to him and frowned, she crossed her arms over her chest and glared at the tiny animal. 

"You know how sad I was while I looked for you." Taeyeon added and took the dog from Tiffany's arms. "Aww... I missed you, lil' guy. Where on earth did you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter