VII.

Soulmate Drabbles

the one where when you dream you’re seeing whatever your soulmate is currently experiencing. (where Taeyeon is criminal on a run and Tiffany hates her)


She’s afraid of falling asleep.

It is not because of Freddie Krueger chasing her on her dreams. It is something more than a mentally disturbed killer.

She sees weapons. And sometimes it is dark and dirty and everything she hates. Flickering lights and the running water in sewer under the ever alive streets. The good thing is she only sees, not smell nor hear.

One time she dreams of a closing hand around her bared throat – bared because someone else is pulling her hair backwards – and a gun pointed to her forehead. She wakes up with a jolt and ragged breaths, sleepless nights and dark, sunken circles under her eyes speak volumes on how she hates the dream. She can still feel the fingers around , shaky fingers – her own – tracing the paleness of her skin.

She is not as clueless as other people likes to claim. She knows dreams mean visions from your soulmate.

She wonders why couldn’t she has soulmate who, says, is as normal as her. Who sees things above the streets, not below.

People said the joy in having found your soulmate is incomparable – like all the good things in the whole world now belong to you. But Tiffany’s sole fear is having her soulmate found her. She is selfish and egoistical but she loves her life. And she’s heard stories of people settling down with people who aren’t their soulmates. She can live with that.

So she gets married and she never meets her soulmate.

That night, she sleeps. The ceremony drains her energy and her worries about nightmares are left forgotten. But what to be worried of if the nightmares never come? In her dream she only sees black and pitch black.

She wonders what happens to her soulmate when she wakes up, a little anxious but feeling lighter than she’s always been.